Houston Rockets 2024 Thread - Cocaine Curry and AJ Griffin On Board

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Rockets know They have a nice core. It’s why they aren’t being active in free agency. They know they need to let these young guys play and develop. Plus Stone sucks at free agency and bringing in players via trade. I like his drafts but I haven’t like any of his roster move. Hated the Theiss signing, the Nwaba signing, the the trade for Oladipo.
Nwaba was a good signing for a contending team. Him, Sterling, and Tate together on the floor were pests defensively, but he’s basically out of the rotation for a team like this.

Also, not sure why it’s so hard to find a rim protecting center, especially one that’s actually 7ft and not some u derailed guy. All they have to do is run the floor, put their hands up and catch lobs. You don’t have to make them a focal point at all, somebody in the style of Javale McGee

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nwaba was a good signing for a contending team. Him, Sterling, and Tate together on the floor were pests defensively, but he’s basically out of the rotation for a team like this.

Also, not sure why it’s so hard to find a rim protecting center, especially one that’s actually 7ft and not some u derailed guy. All they have to do is run the floor, put their hands up and catch lobs. You don’t have to make them a focal point at all, somebody in the style of Javale McGee
Because the rockets want all their 5’s to be stretch 5’s. Their offensive philosophy sucks without Harden.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps

For a Summer League game I have to say Jabari was pretty special on defense last night.

The ability to stay in front of the ball handler and force them into contested shots is amazing for a 19yo rookie. And the best thing is it will most definitely translate to the regular season.

I knew Tari was intriguing but even I didn't expect what he's giving. If he shots 36% or more from three he'll be a Rockets starter for 8-10 years.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Those are crazy stats and an insane foundation to build on.

Same goes for Sengun:

If Sengun and KPJ can keep that ball moving, along with Green as a secondary playmaker they're going to get some terrific valuable experience with winning games and builds up for installing a highly effective motion offense.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Those are crazy stats and an insane foundation to build on.

Same goes for Sengun:

If Sengun and KPJ can keep that ball moving, along with Green as a secondary playmaker they're going to get some terrific valuable experience with winning games and builds up for installing a highly effective motion offense.

KPJ was also an elite catch and shoot 3 pt shooter at 45%. The irony in hosuton being the advanced analytical franchise but having these stats at their disposal and not making use of them. We need more of a motion offense and less dribble dribble.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
KPJ was also an elite catch and shoot 3 pt shooter at 45%. The irony in hosuton being the advanced analytical franchise but having these stats at their disposal and not making use of them. We need more of a motion offense and less dribble dribble.
Seeing Sengun at the top ala Jokic or Draymond while Jalen, Jabari and KPJ get open off ball would be a nice look. You can also pick n pop with Jabari but unpredictability would be nice in the offense.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: even tho Steph ended yall chapter I want to see y’all do good this year :salute:
Tilman ended our chapter. He’s the reason CP3, Dntoni, Morey and ultimately Harden left.

We already talked about whose goin to be gm the first casualty of Tilman from this core. Only thing I envy from the Warriors franchise is the ownership willingness to spend. It’s quite admirable. It was over for us Tilmans first offseason when he refuse to go in the luxury tax to keep Ariza and replaced him with fukking James Ennis, who didn’t even make it through the season

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seeing Sengun at the top ala Jokic or Draymond while Jalen, Jabari and KPJ get open off ball would be a nice look. You can also pick n pop with Jabari but unpredictability would be nice in the offense.
It’ll be ingesting to see who takes the leap. The core is still so young. Sengun isnt even 20 yet. Green just turned 20. We’re still so young. 30 wins would be a successful season of improvement

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yup, pretty much has the highest c&s three point percentages around the league.

Green and KPJ are one of the league's best off-ball backcourts which folks don't give them enough credit for.

If Sengun can set them along with Jabari up, that offense becomes really tough to check. Ideally though again, I prefer a motion offense over heliocentric one but I think Houston has a really good advantage because they can play both styles.

Last edited: