Houston Rockets 2024 Thread - Cocaine Curry and AJ Griffin On Board

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do not agree with moving KJ at all. He was a positive on the court every time he was on there, even when Silas started cutting his minutes for some random reason. He jumps off the screen every time he’s on the court and they need to find a way to consistently have him in the offense. KJ is 6’7”, extremely athletic, plays way above the rim, and improved his 3 point shooting
Dude ain’t 6’7. I seen him standing to our backcourt. Dude is 6’5, he can’t consistently guard bigs in this league and they don’t play him at sf. There’s no place for him here. I like him too but if he can’t be utilized by the coaching staff move him to a situation where he can help a squad.

3rd Koast Kang

Superstar
Daps
A few things I’m checking for:

J green progression
Silas evolving and earning his next contract
Sengun, Jabari, and Tari
Backup pg battle between tyty and nix

Still not 100 percent on KPJ as the future starts at PG. He gotta show me something too

Hopefully this the last year we’re ass. I miss making playoff runs :mjcry:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Dude ain’t 6’7. I seen him standing to our backcourt. Dude is 6’5, he can’t consistently guard bigs in this league and they don’t play him at sf. There’s no place for him here. I like him too but if he can’t be utilized by the coaching staff move him to a situation where he can help a squad.

He’s not supposed to be guarding bigs, yet he’s still stuffing them at the rim nearly every game. Gotta bank on the coaching staff actually putting him in position to perform, he has too much potential just to package him and send him off. Can’t do stuff like that anymore, that bozo Morey isn’t here

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tyty might become my new fav playa. Jsut a baller. Eason reminds me of Ariza. That’s feels good to see.

KMJ might actually have a role for us if we don’t sign a big because I’m losing faith in Garuba.

Sengun 28/ Garuba 20
Jabari 26/ KJ 20
Tate 28/ Eason 20
Green 33/ Jaygup 20
KPJ 30/ Tyty 20

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Tyty might become my new fav playa. Jsut a baller. Eason reminds me of Ariza. That’s feels good to see.

KMJ might actually have a role for us if we don’t sign a big because I’m losing faith in Garuba.

Sengun 28/ Garuba 20
Jabari 26/ KJ 20
Tate 28/ Eason 20
Green 33/ Jaygup 20
KPJ 30/ Tyty 20
Garuba off the team next year if we get Victor, and Eason should be starting.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
1. Bari's defense looks good and they'll run plays for the guy to get him open. Not worried about the (real) bad handle. Focus on off-ball
2. Tyty plays winning basketball. Houston looked for a playmaker and that's Tyty's strength. Also love that the guy has real good BBIQ on offense and defense.
3. Tari's going to be a crowd favorite but also a generates facepalms.

Overall, I think Houston is going to be a lot better, but they're in a stacked Western Conference.

During that interview with Green today it sounded like they want to install a motion offense: focus on passing and getting three pointers flying.

They honestly have a good roster for that: plenty of secondary playmakers who although favor scoring, can set other players up. There's nothing about their core that makes me think they can't make greats reads and passes. KPJ had one of the highest catch and shoot three point percentages around the entire NBA last season and we know Green is a natural shooter so the off-ball game is looking great.

It'll be a good season for them: get Green, KPJ and Sengun experience to build more chemistry and get some good wins against some good teams. They'll still most likely be a lottery team, but in a stacked draft next year that'll be ideal and they'll be much better than their record will indicate.

I'm personally liking Anthony Black for Houston next year if they miss on Wembanyama: true 6'7/6'8 jumbo point-forward. Terrific court vision, handle and shooting.

Pretty much a Luka archetype. Probably won't be under the radar by mid-season.

Look at how breh controls the pace of the game, a real floor general.

Players go flying off dude during contact:

Last edited:

Spence

Superstar
Daps

Call me Crazy but the real Victor Wembanyama posted on this video i think this french breh wanna play for US or the Thunder.
@Tha_Mac @Hiphoplives4eva @Mike_Pipeson @who_better_than_me
@Mr Bubbles @chkmeout @THASTUNNA @THE K-MAN @tofuspeedstar @Ugo Ogugwa
@Soundwave @Spence @Sulcage @whig @wickedsm @whyanother @3rd Koast Kang
@Antdrewjosh @BlackAlacard @Charlie Broadway

Links on that Channel lead back to Victor's Real IG and workouts with Tony Parker.

Man! If we somehow land Webembaya to pair with the foundation we have AND we get all of the Nets lotto picks it’s not going to be fair for the rest of the West once we start getting very good late career cheap vets that are ring chasing. This team has young early years OKC written all over them. Playoffs in 2 years, title contention inside 5.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rockets know They have a nice core. It’s why they aren’t being active in free agency. They know they need to let these young guys play and develop. Plus Stone sucks at free agency and bringing in players via trade. I like his drafts but I haven’t like any of his roster move. Hated the Theiss signing, the Nwaba signing, the the trade for Oladipo.