Houston is only 20 percent Black

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Definitely not blacker lol, Detroit is somewhere around 89-92% black. You can be in Detroit for days/weeks and not see a single white person outside of people who own stores and g stations, and that's mostly Chaldeans.

I had no idea Houston had 2.3 million people though, Detroit might be similar in size/mileage, but Detroit ain't had over 2 million people since the 60's. Post 68 riot, Detroit has been under 1 million since the 80's.

I've been to Houston, size wise it seemed the same driving from East side to West side or north to south. It was much more people though. Y'all have full blocks, even in the worse hoods.

Detroit got full blocks with no houses on them or all abandoned.
I'll take this all day over a good city

I love NY tho

And I wanna see what Texas is like

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Meanwhile in reality, Los Angeles is less than 8% Black and Salt Lake City is 3% Black, and both of those get worse when you look at their metro areas
Houston is heading to single digits too. Just give it time. :pachaha:

Daps
Basic math? If one metro area has a higher percentage of a certain race, why would that race not be more prevalent on the day to day than a place that might have a higher raw number of a certain group, but there are other groups that drown it out so to speak (in Chicagoland's case, it's the high amount of white people and specifically ethnic whites)

Let me break it down for you. You have a box of 100 crayons and a box of 1000. The box of 100 has 25 Black crayons and the box of 1000 has 150. Yeah the box of 1000 has more in raw numbers but the crayons in the other box have more Black crayons in their "city". I mean it's quite easy

Dude’s an emotional weirdo bout this for some reason…Houston feels blacker cuz it’s metro is blacker and you see people from the metro when exploring a city not just those who live in the city limits…
IMG-5656.jpg

IMG-5657.jpg

…the higher percentage coupled with the SIGNIFICANTLY higher volume (metro Houston has 4 times as many Black folks as Nashville) and it’s clear why Houston feels blacker to anyone who just pops up with no ties to either city.

Spade281

Pro
Daps
Houston is heading to single digits too. Just give it time. :pachaha:
It won't. Especially since the city can annex if it wanted some newer suburbs that Blacks are moving to. But Houston is one of the last affordable large metro areas so it'll continue to attract everyone, including Blacks
Definitely not blacker lol, Detroit is somewhere around 89-92% black. You can be in Detroit for days/weeks and not see a single white person outside of people who own stores and g stations, and that's mostly Chaldeans.

I had no idea Houston had 2.3 million people though, Detroit might be similar in size/mileage, but Detroit ain't had over 2 million people since the 60's. Post 68 riot, Detroit has been under 1 million since the 80's.

I've been to Houston, size wise it seemed the same driving from East side to West side or north to south. It was much more people though. Y'all have full blocks, even in the worse hoods.

Detroit got full blocks with no houses on them or all abandoned.
I've been to Detroit and saw some of those empty blocks and it was crazy. I don't got nothing bad to say about Detroot because I had a good time and everyone was nice

Mane I grew up in Chicago and lived there most of my life until about 10 years ago. I still have a sister and a brother that live there. Houston does not have more Black people than Chicago. Houston has around 500,000 colored folk. Chicago still has almost 800,000 colored folk, and that is with a large outflow of colored folks leaving and going south to places like Atlanta. So hush.
It's clear you don't understand what percentages mean yet trying to tell other brehs they don't know basic math

Daps
What do you want to find? Go to Antioch. They have bunches of restaurants down there. I already advised you about the African American museum right in downtown Nashville. North Nashville got Swetts. So I don't know what you are looking for exactly, but there is a lot of Black history here.

I literally made a thread stating what I wanted to find:skip:

Pretend I’m in that situation again. Going to a conference Tuesday and Wednesday nights at a hotel a couple blocks off Broadway. I just want to go somewhere and watch the conference finals and not be the only black person there. Not looking to party, not looking for Black history, I just want to watch a game. Where should I go?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
I really dont know how some of y'all think that blacks are just going to occupy these massive populations within major cities.

At the same time, people don't realize they live in segregated communities/regions, or live in the south where blacks have always lived so it can distort their perception of what it is to have a large black population.

Black people not "blacks" you p*ssy clown.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Nashville was the whitest city I’ve ever been to and I think segregation is the reason I experienced that despite the overall population demographics. I’ve only visited the downtown/touristy there as I was there on business but I’ve never seen a main area of a city so devoid of Black people than I did in Nashville. Yes, even Salt Lake City, which I’ve been to on business as well had more Black folks around than I experienced in Nashville. I was there during the NBA playoffs and I just wanted to go to a bar to watch the game and have some black people in it. I’m in Boston (another city with a higher % of Black folk than Houston:skip:), so I’m comfortable with mostly white if I must, but Nashville was uncomfortably damn near all white. It was so bad, I came to the coli for a lifeline:sadcam:

I got a bunch of “you gotta come to the hood” responses. Like damn, I ain’t got no car, I’m not tryna Uber around hoods I don’t know, nikkas don’t get to enjoy the whole city? :dahell:

Ended up going to one of the recommended spots one night, but it was basically a lounge/party type shyt. Luckily it was dead cuz it was a fukking Wednesday night so they just let me sit in an empty section to watch the game which was awkward af. The next night I just watched the games in my hotel :snoop:

The black owned pizza spot was good tho:ehh:
This was my experience in Nashville, felt like a great place to be a 20-35 yr old white person

I honestly felt this way in Chicago too. nikkas legit don’t go past downtown proper, I mean even a neighbor or two up or over like river north - no black people. I was so surprised how I could be in multiple establishments in Lincoln park, west loop, River north and not see another black person.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's clear you don't understand what percentages mean yet trying to tell other brehs they don't know basic math
Broah stop. Chicago literally had over 1.6 million Black people in 1980. Chicago still had over 1.4 million Black population in 2000. Now that population has shrunk to around 800,000, which is still roughly 300,000 more Black people than Houston has.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
This was my experience in Nashville, felt like a great place to be a 20-35 yr old white person

I honestly felt this way in Chicago too. nikkas legit don’t go past downtown proper, I mean even a neighbor or two up or over like river north - no black people. I was so surprised how I could be in multiple establishments in Lincoln park, west loop, River north and not see another black person.
Yep. I had this same experience in Chicago.

Detroit is completely different. Every city within an 80 mile radius has multiple black home owners, if not owning homes, black folks work all of the jobs. You will see black people everywhere you go outside of the city.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland

I didn’t have this experience at all in Chicago black people were everywhere downtown.

Spade281

Pro
Daps
Broah stop. Chicago literally had over 1.6 million Black people in 1980. Chicago still had over 1.4 million Black population in 2000. Now that population has shrunk to around 800,000, which is still roughly 300,000 more Black people than Houston has.

Okay, so I take it you are not aware of the differences between not only raw numbers vs percentages, but also city populations vs metro areas (which is what I said). The first is basic math so can't help you there but the latter you can learn more about on the census.gov website

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Historically Chicago was a segregated city. Black people lived on the West and South sides.
Yes, I know that. But it was 2012/13 I lived there, I’d think some well to do/integrated ass nikkas would pop up in the popping neighborhoods of the near north. Ain’t nobody even talking shyt way north like edgewater, but not seeing black people in river north or Lincoln park was surprising