Houston is only 20 percent Black

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
By official numbers we are third (we overtook Chicago a while back). If you count illegals as well then we are really close to LA. All the official population numbers only count Harris County proper when our population centers are actually in other counties/cities within the city limits that census numbers don’t count.

Galveston all the way up to Willis, as far East as Baytown/Anahuac and as far west as Brookshire/cypress are all considered Houston still.
whole lot of reaching

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Wait... Nashville has a higher percentage of Black population than Houston or Dallas? :dead:
There’s literally a well known hbcu in the heart of Nashville, oh and Meharry medical school… a black school nearby. They should have a bunch of black folks

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I really dont know how some of y'all think that blacks are just going to occupy these massive populations within major cities.

At the same time, people don't realize they live in segregated communities/regions, or live in the south where blacks have always lived so it can distort their perception of what it is to have a large black population.
You just answered your own question

Daps
Wait... Nashville has a higher percentage of Black population than Houston or Dallas? :dead:

:sas2: Yes thats correct.

And it aint a surprise either considering that Nashville alone has 3 very prominent HBCUs all within a mile of it each other.

Nashville Metro schools are majority black btw. Most High Schools are 50 to 65 percent black.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
tell me you've never been to Houston without telling me you've never been to Houston

:unimpressed:

dont need to see the stats to know that its majority mexican and white....

Daps
True but people on the internet be trying to make Nashville sound like Salt Lake City and Houston sound like Detroit. Come to find out Houston is Salt Lake City. :russ:

Nashville was the whitest city I’ve ever been to and I think segregation is the reason I experienced that despite the overall population demographics. I’ve only visited the downtown/touristy there as I was there on business but I’ve never seen a main area of a city so devoid of Black people than I did in Nashville. Yes, even Salt Lake City, which I’ve been to on business as well had more Black folks around than I experienced in Nashville. I was there during the NBA playoffs and I just wanted to go to a bar to watch the game and have some black people in it. I’m in Boston (another city with a higher % of Black folk than Houston:skip:), so I’m comfortable with mostly white if I must, but Nashville was uncomfortably damn near all white. It was so bad, I came to the coli for a lifeline:sadcam:

I got a bunch of “you gotta come to the hood” responses. Like damn, I ain’t got no car, I’m not tryna Uber around hoods I don’t know, nikkas don’t get to enjoy the whole city? :dahell:

Ended up going to one of the recommended spots one night, but it was basically a lounge/party type shyt. Luckily it was dead cuz it was a fukking Wednesday night so they just let me sit in an empty section to watch the game which was awkward af. The next night I just watched the games in my hotel :snoop:

The black owned pizza spot was good tho:ehh:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
By official numbers we are third (we overtook Chicago a while back). If you count illegals as well then we are really close to LA. All the official population numbers only count Harris County proper when our population centers are actually in other counties/cities within the city limits that census numbers don’t count.

Galveston all the way up to Willis, as far East as Baytown/Anahuac and as far west as Brookshire/cypress are all considered Houston still.
LOL. Not only is Houston a cracka city now y'all employing cracka math. At it's current pace of depopulation Chicago will not be surpassed by Houston until 2035. That is 12 years from now cracka and that is only if Chicago continues to lose population at it's current pace. But by then Houston is gonig to have a black population in single digit percentage like Los Angeles. Enjoy your day in your albino city playa. :pachaha:

Is Houston poised to surpass Chicago as 3rd most-populous U.S. city?​

By John Dodge
May 16, 2024 / 12:17 PM CDT / CBS Chicago

Chicago population decline​

The city has been losing residents for several years. Since 2020, the number of people calling Chicago home has declined 3% from 2,746,352.

Illinois Policy reports that if current trends continue, Houston will overtake Chicago and become the third-biggest city by 2035.

King Poetic

No Mercy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Hispanic is what 47 percent

Whites 21%

Blacks 25%

Thats good and the economy down there is good and black people are doing good

Meanwhile majority of black cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans , etc economy is still fukked up

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nashville was the whitest city I’ve ever been to and I think segregation is the reason I experienced that despite the overall population demographics. I’ve only visited the downtown/touristy there as I was there on business but I’ve never seen a main area of a city so devoid of Black people than I did in Nashville. Yes, even Salt Lake City, which I’ve been to on business as well had more Black folks around than I experienced in Nashville. I was there during the NBA playoffs and I just wanted to go to a bar to watch the game and have some black people in it. I’m in Boston (another city with a higher % of Black folk than Houston:skip:), so I’m comfortable with mostly white if I must, but Nashville was uncomfortably damn near all white. It was so bad, I came to the coli for a lifeline:sadcam:

I got a bunch of “you gotta come to the hood” responses. Like damn, I ain’t got no car, I’m not tryna Uber around hoods I don’t know, nikkas don’t get to enjoy the whole city? :dahell:

Ended up going to one of the recommended spots one night, but it was basically a lounge/party type shyt. Luckily it was dead cuz it was a fukking Wednesday night so they just let me sit in an empty section to watch the game which was awkward af. The next night I just watched the games in my hotel :snoop:

The black owned pizza spot was good tho:ehh:

Another dude making up shyt on the internet. Nashville is not segregated at all you don't have to go to the hood to see Black people. Black people live all over Nashville, with the major clusters living in North Nashville, East Nashville and South by Antioch. However, Black people live everywhere around Nashville, including in the West which leads in from Memphis, which is only 190 miles away. .

You must have just been near the bars in downtown Nashville, but then somehow you must have somehow miraculously missed that big ass museum that recently opened called ironically enough the "African American Music Museum." Nashville's nickname itself come from the Fisk Jubilee choir visit to England to sing for the Queen of England and she remarked that whatever city they were from is very musical. Hence the nickname the music city. So to sum all of this up: Nashville is deceptively Black apparently and Houston's nikkas need to hush up on that we are a Black city shyt. :ufdup: