Houston is only 20 percent Black

Daps
Another dude making up shyt on the internet. Nashville is not segregated at all you don't have to go to the hood to see Black people. Black people live all over Nashville, with the major clusters living in North Nashville, East Nashville and South by Antioch. However, Black people live everywhere around Nashville, including in the West which leads in from Memphis, which is only 190 miles away. .

You must have just been near the bars in downtown Nashville, but then somehow you must have somehow miraculously missed that big ass museum that recently opened called ironically enough the "African American Music Museum." Nashville's nickname itself come from the Fisk Jubilee choir visit to England to sing for the Queen of England and she remarked that whatever city they were from is very musical. Hence the nickname the music city. So to sum all of this up: Nashville is deceptively Black apparently and Houston's nikkas need to hush up on that we are a Black city shyt. :ufdup:

I’m speaking 100% facts on my actual experience. Literally was in the city and no one could tell me where to go other than blanket “we’re all around statements”. So instead of more toothless defensive statements, tell me where y’all are so I can use if I find myself in that predicament? :unimpressed:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s literally a well known hbcu in the heart of Nashville, oh and Meharry medical school… a black school nearby. They should have a bunch of black folks
nikka Tejas has HBCUs. Texas Southern is an HBCU and it is in Houston. Stop making excused for those tanned Cacs. :russ:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m speaking 100% facts on my actual experience. Literally was in the city and no one could tell me where to go other than blanket “we’re all around statements”. So instead of more toothless defensive statements, tell me where y’all are so I can use if I find myself in that predicament? :unimpressed:
If they could not tell you where the colored folks where then they were tourists just like you. Any person from Nashville would have literally :ufdup: to indicate that they are right across the river in East Nashville. If you were really that interested in seeing colored folks you could have literally went 10 blocks south of downtown and you would have been in the jects.

Spade281

Pro
Daps
But nikkas in Houston and Dallas swear it's Wakanda.

Detroit would embarrass y'all in black culture. Every city in the south honestly. Detroit is the most pro black city in the country, BY FAR.
Okay are you aware Houston has almost as many Black people in the city as Detroit has people (white/black/arab/etc.) in its entire city period? Stop it. Besides, Houston received a bunch from Michigan back in the day so there's a small link between both cities. Don't be mad breh, but Houston is Blacker than Detroit now

The population of Houston is 2.3 million. The population of Nashville is 700,000. That is 30%. The OP was about percentage. Black people make up almost 30% of Nashville's population.

Now if you want to go there with population then Chicago has a larger overall population than Houston, yet Black people are a larger percentage of Chicago's population than Houston and that is with Chicago being a Northern city and having a massive decline in Black population. Hell a lot of Chicago is now living in Atlanta.
You do realize, despite having about 2 million less people overall in its metro area, that the Houston metro has a higher percentage of Black people. Meaning a regular Houston area resident is more likely to see a Black people than Chicago, especially when you consider Houston is less segregated. Before you try fighting on that, Houston is a newer city with newer suburbs that never dealt with redlining, so Houston suburbs all across town have a heavy middle class Black population.

Spade281

Pro
Daps
Dallas is the blackest major city in Tejas and that’s not by much
Shout out to Dallas. It has done real well attracting Blacks ans becoming a better magnet. Still has a weird vibe IMO but it has gotten better over the years. Not quite Houston level though (which isn't Atlanta or NYC level)

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Okay are you aware Houston has almost as many Black people in the city as Detroit has people (white/black/arab/etc.) in its entire city period?

Lmao. You do realize, despite having about 2 million less people overall in its metro area, that the Houston metor has a higher percentage of Black people. Meaning a regular Houston area resident is more likely to see a Black people than Chicago, especially when you consider Houston is less segregated. Before you try fighting on that, Houston is a newer city with newer suburbs that never dealt with redlining
Another dude that does not understand basic math and has clearly never been to Chicago.

Spade281

Pro
Daps
Another dude that does not understand basic math and has clearly never been to Chicago.
Basic math? If one metro area has a higher percentage of a certain race, why would that race not be more prevalent on the day to day than a place that might have a higher raw number of a certain group, but there are other groups that drown it out so to speak (in Chicagoland's case, it's the high amount of white people and specifically ethnic whites)

Let me break it down for you. You have a box of 100 crayons and a box of 1000. The box of 100 has 25 Black crayons and the box of 1000 has 150. Yeah the box of 1000 has more in raw numbers but the crayons in the other box have more Black crayons in their "city". I mean it's quite easy

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really ain't want this to turn into city wars:damn:
Too late. I am tired of Houston people trying to pretend that they are a Black city, when they are really just the slight darker country cousin of Los Angeles. Hell at it's current population pace Houston is about to e less than 20% Black. :sas2:

Daps
If they could not tell you where the colored folks where then they were tourists just like you. Any person from Nashville would have literally :ufdup: to indicate that they are right across the river in East Nashville. If you were really that interested in seeing colored folks you could have literally went 10 blocks south of downtown and you would have been in the jects.

No recommendations, just more empty statements and non sequiturs (why would I want to go to the projects?:why:). Just like in that thread, people came

It’s whatever tho, I’m no longer there so idc about this enough to go back and forth with you about it. Think what you want, defend its pride all you want. :yeshrug:

Spade281

Pro
Daps
Too late. I am tired of Houston people trying to pretend that they are a Black city, when they are really just the slight darker country cousin of Los Angeles. Hell at it's current population pace Houston is about to e less than 20% Black. :sas2:
Meanwhile in reality, Los Angeles is less than 8% Black and Salt Lake City is 3% Black, and both of those get worse when you look at their metro areas

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Basic math? If one metro area has a higher percentage of a certain race, why would that race not be more prevalent on the day to day than a place that might have a higher raw number of a certain group, but there are other groups that drown it out so to speak (in Chicagoland's case, it's the high amount of white people and specifically ethnic whites)
Mane I grew up in Chicago and lived there most of my life until about 10 years ago. I still have a sister and a brother that live there. Houston does not have more Black people than Chicago. Houston has around 500,000 colored folk. Chicago still has almost 800,000 colored folk, and that is with a large outflow of colored folks leaving and going south to places like Atlanta. So hush.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Okay are you aware Houston has almost as many Black people in the city as Detroit has people (white/black/arab/etc.) in its entire city period? Stop it. Besides, Houston received a bunch from Michigan back in the day so there's a small link between both cities. Don't be mad breh, but Houston is Blacker than Detroit now

You do realize, despite having about 2 million less people overall in its metro area, that the Houston metro has a higher percentage of Black people. Meaning a regular Houston area resident is more likely to see a Black people than Chicago, especially when you consider Houston is less segregated. Before you try fighting on that, Houston is a newer city with newer suburbs that never dealt with redlining, so Houston suburbs all across town have a heavy middle class Black population.
Definitely not blacker lol, Detroit is somewhere around 89-92% black. You can be in Detroit for days/weeks and not see a single white person outside of people who own stores and g stations, and that's mostly Chaldeans.

I had no idea Houston had 2.3 million people though, Detroit might be similar in size/mileage, but Detroit ain't had over 2 million people since the 60's. Post 68 riot, Detroit has been under 1 million since the 80's.

I've been to Houston, size wise it seemed the same driving from East side to West side or north to south. It was much more people though. Y'all have full blocks, even in the worse hoods.

Detroit got full blocks with no houses on them or all abandoned.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No recommendations, just more empty statements and non sequiturs (why would I want to go to the projects?:why:). Just like in that thread, people came

It’s whatever tho, I’m no longer there so idc about this enough to go back and forth with you about it. Think what you want, defend its pride all you want. :yeshrug:
What do you want to find? Go to Antioch. They have bunches of restaurants down there. I already advised you about the African American museum right in downtown Nashville. North Nashville got Swetts. So I don't know what you are looking for exactly, but there is a lot of Black history here.