House Passes Bill to Raise Minimum Wage to $15, a Victory for Liberals

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Adjust the 1968 minimum wage of $1.60 to today's dollars.... around $12.10/hr, federally. The states can determine their own min wages based on the cost of living in those cities/counties/states.
So you right there in the ballpark. Lets adjust for the fact something like a cell phone is necessarry for a job anf that 12.10 goes up. Why are u arguing over pennies and why do you care so much about how what another person paycheck is?

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
you can tell who here has never worked in a restaurant or fast food cause teenagers ain't as abundant as people think they are being the workforce.

lot of people in they 20's-40's trying to figure shyt out or what's next.

but hey that's too much.

cause god forbid people who cook and work for a living have a little bit of luxury. just a taste.

You may not know this having never worked fast food but its very easy to level up and have a good paying position if u apply yourself.

And these young 15, 16 year olds deserve 15 an hour for ignoring the distractions around them and getting a legitimate job. They deserve to be awarded

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
1.3 - 3.4 million jobs lost :blessed:

Increase the speed of automation :blessed:
Automation is a myth......

At least for the next 30 years. If they had the technology, they would have been implemented it. Well technically they do partially have the technology, but they don't want to open themselves up to lawsuits that can bankrupt them, without fully going over all the kinks. Plus the rollout is a very complex process. It would a lot of businesses time to fully crossover.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
So you right there in the ballpark. Lets adjust for the fact something like a cell phone is necessarry for a job anf that 12.10 goes up. Why are u arguing over pennies and why do you care so much about how what another person paycheck is?

A person making 25,168/yr. A cell phone 1200/yr max. Also an extra $3/hr is not pennies. You pay people accordingly so there's a business left to pay people.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
A person making 25,168/yr. A cell phone 1200/yr max. Also an extra $3/hr is not pennies. You pay people accordingly so there's a business left to pay people.
Ima just break u down on your last sentence. If u cant afford to pay people a decent wage do the the damn job yourself. And i say that as a business owner who guarantees commisions of 20+ hourly if u work for me. If your business doesnt make money or u need to cheapskate your employees shut that shyt down and do something else.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Ima just break u down on your last sentence. If u cant afford to pay people a decent wage do the the damn job yourself. And i say that as a business owner who guarantees commisions of 20+ hourly if u work for me. If your business doesnt make money or u need to cheapskate your employees shut that shyt down and do something else.

You paying 20 plus commission for flipping burgers, washing dishes, or delivering newspapers? Damn. I'm impressed.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You paying 20 plus commission for flipping burgers, washing dishes, or delivering newspapers? Damn. I'm impressed.

Very disgusting and elitist.

Another Bernie bro I'll be adding to my list of anti-labor plants.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
The reason we're discussing a federal min wage increase is because states aren't doing their part.
Those are the states that will be hardest hit by the increase... the job loss isn't going to occur in WA, CA, TX, NY, etc.

You authoritarians need to stop force feeding them your policies. :ufdup:

Last edited: