House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
You’re talking about competency. I’m talking about gravitas. They’re not the same thing. Actors with gravitas can pull you in even with poor writing.
no, I’m talking gravitas as well.

Rhaenyra & Viserys were thee main characters of season 1. I disagree, but I can see how people think Young Rhaenyra lacked gravitas.

But Viserys? I’m surprised to see anyone say that of him. I thought Paddy Condisine owned all of his scenes…and that’s while playing essentially a meeker character.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It lacks the scale of Got. This show can never be as good as GOT
PPl were nitpicking at GOT...
How did Brianne meet with Sansa and Arya in a world this huge :mjtf:
I mean, it's a fantasy show and a tv show, things are supposed to happen otherwise its boring
i rewatched GOT not so long ago
. Ppl made those "GOT writing was falling off after season 4" after season 8 finished. I dont remember anyone shytting on season 5 and 6 when they aired
Because it was a trend to shyt on Got after season 8 and it god clicks on youtube
For some shows with a lot of build up like GOT, a bad ending can in retrospect make past seasons not as enjoyable. It's like we're cool with watching the chess pieces move around as long as it's leading somewhere enjoyable. Then you can go back and rewatch and enjoy the buildup. But when you find out it was all filler for the most part then it's like F it.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
no, I’m talking gravitas as well.

Rhaenyra & Viserys were thee main characters of season 1. I disagree, but I can see how people think Young Rhaenyra lacked gravitas.

But Viserys? I’m surprised to see anyone say that of him. I thought Paddy Condisine owned all of his scenes…and that’s while playing essentially a meeker character.
Paddy was the best thing about season 1, easily. His acting was superb.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's been like damn near 100 years of TOTAL PEACE in the Seven Kingdoms at the time. Two kings, peaceful exchange of power, no one beefing. No one would have expected that level of subterfuge. This was an act that was UNHEARD OF at the time (a thing I think the show should have played up more.) People did NOT get down like that. Not to mention, no one alive has even been in a real war.

Ain't NONE of them battle tested outside of Corlys and Daemon because of their experience in the Stepstones. And even that ain't WAR, that's crushing an insurgency.
Exactly, it’s supposed to illustrate how both sides are in over their heads and are completely unprepared for an actual war and the consequences of it.

Anyway I loved this episode, great dialogue and even though I hate Otto, Rhys killed it. Otto calling Ageon trifling :russ:

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm glad they finally fukking mentioned Alicent and Visery's other son Daeron. That shyt was mad annoying that nobody even mentioned him in season 1.
As a show watcher only, it actually felt way too convenient and annoying that we’ll have another “important” character that we don’t care about. Like other said, the character development on this show has been stifled by the first season, and possibly this one. They chose a plot point focused show - cool, I’m sure the people who wanted nothing but action from GOT are satisfied - but like, even rooting for team black, I don’t feel connected to them and don’t care about any of them being offed.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It lacks the scale of Got. This show can never be as good as GOT
PPl were nitpicking at GOT...
How did Brianne meet with Sansa and Arya in a world this huge :mjtf:
I mean, it's a fantasy show and a tv show, things are supposed to happen otherwise its boring
i rewatched GOT not so long ago
. Ppl made those "GOT writing was falling off after season 4" after season 8 finished. I dont remember anyone shytting on season 5 and 6 when they aired
Because it was a trend to shyt on Got after season 8 and it god clicks on youtube
People definitely shyt on season 5 in real time, the dorne storyline was killed by book readers and came off corny to show watchers. But other than that, the season was still piff

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That was Baela on her dragon Moondancer. Rhaenyra asked her to fly around and keep watch.
No that’s not. That’s driftmark - we literally see that guy talking to the guy who saved corlys earlier in the episode. Last season it was mentioned seasmoke is riderless over in driftmark. Baela was sent to Kings Landing

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Have the writers confirmed which twin actually won?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Aside from the dragon bytch, what major character went nude on GOT? Sure, we got loads of nudity from side characters and extra's but that's about it
But yea, lately hollywood is making erotic thriller movies without nudity. That Kelly rowland movie :mjtf:
Just wait for the next season of euphoria, i guarantee its going to be nothing but dikks in there
First of all, Watch your mouth :birdman:

:ufdup:

But Danny, Massendai, Margaery, Cersei, Rob wife,Osha :noah: etc.

In fact Sansa is the only one that really stuck out not getting naked.