House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ridge Forrester

All Star
Daps
Helaena, that poor girl. :to:

King Aegon destroyed his father's lego set. :picard:

Ser Criston is trash. He's unable to keep his own cloak clean so he berates Ser Arryk and sends him on a dummy mission. :martin:

King Aegon and Ser Criston are going to be a chaotic pair. I wonder what Otto's next move is now that he's no longer Hand.

Aemomd's getting cradled by the whore from last season (who was apparently Ser Criston's acting teacher). So he has monmy issues, his brother has daddy issues, and Helaena has...issues. Maybe Daeron is the most well-adjusted of Queen Alicent's children.

I like that we're seeing the persepctives of the smallfolk on the war and its impact on their lives.

Instead of comforting her grieving son, Queen Alicent goes and fukks Ser Criston. :mjtf:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
So I was right at first in thinking black twin won. This is an interview with black twin. The director/editor just fukked up shooting the scene and mixing up the leg wounds.
With the assassin-brother dead, Erryk steps towards the still wary Queen before proclaiming, "Your grace, forgive me." To the shock and horror of all, the distraught knight impales himself on his sword. The legendary double tragedy is complete.
"The pain Erryk felt when he kills his brother is the most intense feeling he's ever felt," says Elliott(black twin). "When he says, 'Forgive me' he's saying it to Rhyneara because he's about to sacrifice himself in front of her. But it's also directed towards his brother."

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show lacks the complexity of the subplots that the original Game of Thrones had.
Nah, especially since those complex subplots just ended up leading nowhere.

People are just missing a super charming and humorous character like Tyrion. The show gets that and they're good. GoT in general had a more diverse set of character archetypes. These crazy inbreds and their minions can only take us so far.

I don't personally need it tho. I'm enjoying the show for what it is.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
:dead: Came to say this was the best episode of perhaps the entire show because people were actually acting and showing realistic human emotion but instead I see people hating because there wasn’t enough titties and violence :mjlol:

They aren't fit for HBO viewing :scust:

They need to take that shyt over to Network TV :camby:
:childplease: HBO was built on titties and violence

And i never said i didnt like the episode :rudy:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

People are just missing a super charming and humorous character like Tyrion. The show gets that and they're good. GoT in general had a more diverse set of character archetypes. These crazy inbreds and their minions can only take us so far.

Yea, It also probably doesnt help that ppl trying to find that character by comparing them to the GoT counterparts. "Otto aint no Tywin", Varus/Larys etc.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

Speak for yourself.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
None of these actors have any real gravitas. The better actors would have been supporting actors in the early seasons of GoT for the real stars.
Viserys in season one was excellent. One of the better actors / characters in all of GoT.

The actress playing Young Rhaenyra solidified before the time jump.

Daemon’s a bit weird in that, the acting seems fine and a lot of times hits great levels….I think the story arc of him swinging back & forth between despicable and respectable throws off the actor’s aura….and it sometimes come off poorly on screen (to me).

So that’s 3 of the 5 main actors (Alicent & older Rhaenyra being the other two) that are meeting that “gravitas” mark.

I think point of them not being a battle tested so the gravitas doesn’t seem like it’s there is a fair point.

Daemon & Visyers were both tested (in their own ways) and the gravitas is obviously there.

He had an extremely short time on screen but the Stark in Winterfell seemed like he could hold down an entire story line on his own.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Viserys in season one was excellent. One of the better actors / characters in all of GoT.

The actress playing Young Rhaenyra solidified before the time jump.

Daemon’s a bit weird in that, the acting seems fine and a lot of times hits great levels….I think the story arc of him swinging back & forth between despicable and respectable throws off the actor’s aura….and it sometimes come off poorly on screen (to me).

So that’s 3 of the 5 main actors (Alicent & older Rhaenyra being the other two) that are meeting that “gravitas” mark.

I think point of them not being a battle tested so the gravitas doesn’t seem like it’s there is a fair point.

Daemon & Visyers were both tested (in their own ways) and the gravitas is obviously there.

He had an extremely short time on screen but the Stark in Winterfell seemed like he could hold down an entire story line on his own.
You’re talking about competency. I’m talking about gravitas. They’re not the same thing. Actors with gravitas can pull you in even with poor writing. I’m not talking about any of these people being substandard actors. However, almost none of them ever seem to “own” the scene. Please don’t respond wi the what you think are examples to refute what I’m saying. It’s just my opinion on the matter. And it’s meant to speak on the production/casting as a whole, not necessarily individual actors/actresses.