House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If you guys don’t care to read the books, the whole game of thrones lore is on YouTube. I think it’s weird that you guys are trying to prevent spoilers when the story has already been told on the actual show.

Joffrey spoils it at one point in S4 of Game Of Thrones lol. And if you read the GoT books the major plot points are casually discussed in there by multiple characters. Similar to how we'd refer to The Alamo, Gettysburg, or Waterloo.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Joffrey spoils it at one point in S4 of Game Of Thrones lol. And if you read the GoT books the major plot points are casually discussed in there by multiple characters. Similar to how we'd refer to The Alamo, Gettysburg, or Waterloo.
This… like I already know what happens to Rhaenyra thanks for Joffrey.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
If you guys don’t care to read the books, the whole game of thrones lore is on YouTube. I think it’s weird that you guys are trying to prevent spoilers when the story has already been told on the actual show.

The blood and cheese switch up was very anticlimactic. That’s my only complaint
I think it’s weird that you spoiler nikkas won’t just take yall ass to the spoiler thread :why:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I don't think enough people are talking about the little things in scenes from the first episode that may be a sign of things to come. Such as both Alicent and Cole being late to the council meeting at the very beginning and Otto noticing it and giving them both a look, to later on Otto specifically telling Cole to stand guard after he caught him scheming with Aemond, but instead Cole goes and fukks the queen. It'll be interesting to see how things go and what leads to Otto's demise. Really it seems Otto will be deposed soon and watchers can sit back and appreciate his perspective. I wish this show wasn't so much as painting the blacks vs greens, good guy vs bad. It really should be a show that allows you to choose sides, instead of forcing you to side with Rhaenyra. At this point that's too late, because the first season clearly establishes The Greens as the bad guys, but with better writing and direction, they could have really made you cheer and understand both sides.

They focused the show way too much on female liberty and their ability to rule, when really Rhaenyra could have been made to look more despicable and not capable of leading Westeros. They could have also painted Aegon II as a more sympathetic character, instead of styling him after Joffrey. To me he's just a more sociable, less sadistic Joffrey. Very unlikable in his immaturity and childishness. Could have painted him way more human and made him far more complex. I think these writers/directors aren't very creative with the source material. I enjoy the show but it feels like it won't reach the highs that Game of Thrones did, because that show had way more plots going on and had more interesting, better written characters.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People gotta pay attention. She been autistic. She also has visions. She was talking about Aemond’s eye before he got it sliced off. They made it clear she’s not all together upstairs.

Yea she’s always been not all the way there

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah sorry gang but they fumbled this to me. The whole point of the Dance of Dragons is it’s an anti-war tragedy. It’s a House gradually destroying itself through escalating violence. The Sophie’s choice dilemma is George R. R. Martin personified. Putting characters in horrific unwinnable situations to see how they respond and the consequence. He didn’t make Haelena a goofy autistic because you’re supposed to be able identify with her pain. He didn’t have Cole and Alicent clapping cheeks because it would cheapen the focus of the event.

This is how it started in Game of Thrones too. Small changes, book readers complained and we were told it’s no big deal, then big changes, then the story lost all meaning and quality of George’s work.

It just shows how surface level the understanding of George’s work is as well. There’s supposed to be ambiguity around how they even got into the keep. Theres even hints the “rat catcher” is probably Daimon since he knows the tunnels in kings landing. Here they just walk right in to an unlocked and unguarded room during a fukking war lol. Also supposedly they were supposed to kill Aemond. That’s like sending me to prime Mike Tyson’s house. Talking about “take him out”:mjlol:

We will see how it goes. Not hopeful anymore though.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Screenshot-20240619-095728-Reddit

Rhaenyra Targaryen Hotd GIF - Rhaenyra Targaryen Hotd House Of The Dragon GIFs

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I don't think enough people are talking about the little things in scenes from the first episode that may be a sign of things to come. Such as both Alicent and Cole being late to the council meeting at the very beginning and Otto noticing it and giving them both a look, to later on Otto specifically telling Cole to stand guard after he caught him scheming with Aemond, but instead Cole goes and fukks the queen. It'll be interesting to see how things go and what leads to Otto's demise. Really it seems Otto will be deposed soon and watchers can sit back and appreciate his perspective. I wish this show wasn't so much as painting the blacks vs greens, good guy vs bad. It really should be a show that allows you to choose sides, instead of forcing you to side with Rhaenyra. At this point that's too late, because the first season clearly establishes The Greens as the bad guys, but with better writing and direction, they could have really made you cheer and understand both sides.

They focused the show way too much on female liberty and their ability to rule, when really Rhaenyra could have been made to look more despicable and not capable of leading Westeros. They could have also painted Aegon II as a more sympathetic character, instead of styling him after Joffrey. To me he's just a more sociable, less sadistic Joffrey. Very unlikable in his immaturity and childishness. Could have painted him way more human and made him far more complex. I think these writers/directors aren't very creative with the source material. I enjoy the show but it feels like it won't reach the highs that Game of Thrones did, because that show had way more plots going on and had more interesting, better written characters.
Eh, at the root of the plot, its about who has the right claim and who doesn't. Without making Rhaenyra pure evil, it's hard not to side with her because she is the rightful heir. They've made Alicent plenty sympathetic. Daemon and Otto are both the "bad guys" in both camps.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Yeah sorry gang but they fumbled this to me. The whole point of the Dance of Dragons is it’s an anti-war tragedy. It’s a House gradually destroying itself through escalating violence. The Sophie’s choice dilemma is George R. R. Martin personified. Putting characters in horrific unwinnable situations to see how they respond and the consequence. He didn’t make Haelena a goofy autistic because you’re supposed to be able identify with her pain. He didn’t have Cole and Alicent clapping cheeks because it would cheapen the focus of the event.

This is how it started in Game of Thrones too. Small changes, book readers complained and we were told it’s no big deal, then big changes, then the story lost all meaning and quality of George’s work.

It just shows how surface level the understanding of George’s work is as well. There’s supposed to be ambiguity around how they even got into the keep. Theres even hints the “rat catcher” is probably Daimon since he knows the tunnels in kings landing. Here they just walk right in to an unlocked and unguarded room during a fukking war lol. Also supposedly they were supposed to kill Aemond. That’s like sending me to prime Mike Tyson’s house. Talking about “take him out”:mjlol:

We will see how it goes. Not hopeful anymore though.
I could be wrong but I thought one got caught and snitched on the other. I don’t remember anything about Daemon possibly being the rat catcher.

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I could be wrong but I thought one got caught and snitched on the other. I don’t remember anything about Daemon possibly being the rat catcher.
It’s just a fan theory because the hit in the books is too professional and nothing is clear cut in Game of Thrones. It’s like with Varys sneaking around the Red Keep and killing Kevan and leading Tyrion to Tywin many fans thought it was a call back to that.

But it seems the show just wants it to be straight forward unfortunately.