House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The showrunner did an interview where he talked about the limitations of what they can actually do with child actors
The event is requiring heavy use of baby/child actors and violence is usually a no no to expose them to in tv show productions

Its not like they want to white wash the event but I legit think they couldn't film it like that because its not legal to film that type of stuff with children
bytching about the differences of how more cruel/bloodthirsty a character is in the books, compared to how they obviously not going that way in the show is spoiler shyt. They may try to flip that way later in the show etc.
Wouldnt expect a nikka like you to understand. :yeshrug:
Like I said, least you can do is spoiler tag the shyt. Bookreaders gotta let others know they read the books and how unsatisfied they are about the adaption though. Ego shyt.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a nonbookreader I can see why ppl would be upset at her reaction. She didnt scream or shyt while they were killing her child. I think that was probably because she was in shock. Then you got her running down stairs and shyt and not screaming for help at all. It just made no sense. You away from the killers and your in your castle.
I think the show just did a bad job and showing that Haelana is touched/slow or w/e you want to call it though. Seems like that's obviously what they were trying to do for S1. That plus it's been a long gap(season wise) that most ppl probably forgot she slow.

People gotta pay attention. She been autistic. She also has visions. She was talking about Aemond’s eye before he got it sliced off. They made it clear she’s not all together upstairs.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
zwvER9I.gif

prAoQKj.png

nikkas just cant help themselves talking about the book shyt :francis:
You nikkas dont even have the decency to spoiler tag differences and shyt :scust:
Book readers are a bunch of bytchass nikkas when it comes to this shyt. The same fakkit ass nikkas damn near spoiled the red wedding

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The greens are the bad guys though :dwillhuh: this isnt really an opinion piece, they are the antagonist of the story :dwillhuh:

thats the entire plot :dwillhuh:

That the hand of the king backdoored his alleged best friend / king by whoring out his daughter to put his house in position of power on the throne and successfully did this by not honoring the kings own words by submitting the throne to his own (the kings) daughter and strong arming his grand son into king position :dwillhuh: all this leads to war but it starts with the green side being shiesty :dwillhuh:

Technically it’s Viserys fault and Jaehaerys fault before that. Viserys ripped his wife open to get a son and made her death brutal. He felt guilty about doing it so he pushed for their daughter (Rhaenyra) to be Queen when the custom is to have a son eventhough Otto was scheming. That’s the custom….to remarry and have boys. Then you could also argue Jaehaerys could’ve avoided it all and changed the custom by making Rhaenys Queen in the first place and not Viserys. Basically……there’s a lot of grey there. Jaehaerys could’ve avoided everything by picking Rhaenys and Viserys made conflicting decisions that made no sense because he picked Rhaenyra but then started another family and had multiple sons knowing that would cause problems :mjlol:

Then for the Greens….yea Otto and Alicent are self serving but I like what they’re doing with Aegon and Aemond. They aren’t any worse than Daemond is. They’re just on the other side. And Haelena of course is completely innocent.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
How much more graphic yall wanted it to be? It was graphic enough.
I think they're mad because Alicent wasnt getting her back blown out in the books. The assassins caught her and tied her up. They made the mother chose wich one they killed and then killed the other one.(fukked up) Didnt read the book, its what i heard.

You cant stay loyal to these books. I mean Danny was how old when she was getting raped by Khal drogo?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The showrunner did an interview where he talked about the limitations of what they can actually do with child actors
The event is requiring heavy use of baby/child actors and violence is usually a no no to expose them to in tv show productions

Its not like they want to white wash the event but I legit think they couldn't film it like that because its not legal to film that type of stuff with children

Yup, I didn't expect to see a child get beheaded. And while the changes didn't bother me, each one made everything less logical (which is seemingly what people are mad about). From the way the rat catchers handled being in the castle to the lack of a guard to the interaction with Halaena (the son selection stuff), to her leaving the room without screaming. I don't think any of that "ruined" the scene or episode, I just felt like it could have been done better. Overall I thought the ep was great though.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Thats the names we was
are "blood" and "cheese" their nicknames or their codenames or what
given:

Blood was in the Goldcloaks remember he called Daemon Commander.

Cheese was a ratcatcher.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I think they're mad because Alicent wasnt getting her back blown out in the books. The assassins caught her and tied her up. They made the mother chose wich one they killed and then killed the other one.(fukked up) Didnt read the book, its what i heard.

You cant stay loyal to these books. I mean Danny was how old when she was getting raped by Khal drogo?

Not only that, when she picked the other son (Maelor) they told said "your mother wants you dead, boy" to Maelor, and then cut off Jaeharys head instead. So you can probably guess what the psychological and mental consequences of that were, going forward.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Technically it’s Viserys fault and Jaehaerys fault before that. Viserys ripped his wife open to get a son and made her death brutal. He felt guilty about doing it so he pushed for their daughter (Rhaenyra) to be Queen when the custom is to have a son eventhough Otto was scheming.
The queen was going to die giving birth either way. His guilt comes from wondering if she may of survived that small % to be a miracle.

If i remember correctly it was like a low % she would survive even if the baby died or lived

or a high % the baby survives if they cut the baby out

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The queen was going to die giving birth either way. His guilt comes from wondering if she may of survived that small % to be a miracle.

If i remember correctly it was like a low % she would survive even if the baby died or lived

or a high % the baby survives if they cut the baby out

Rewatch the scene. He was very callous to her. Didn’t tell her what was going on. Just treated her like she was an incubator that had outlived her usefulness. That’s why he was guilty.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

Regardless what the reason is, why the fukk would anyone want to watch a toddler get decapitated?

Anyone complaining about them not showing that is sick in the fukking head and needs to be locked up...