House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
If you are still completely team black after this episode where Daemon sanctioned the murder of a baby(yeah two randoms are gonna kill aemond that's a solid plan :sas1: ) and even on season 1 where Rhaenys murdering smallfolk like they are ants
This season is not gonna change minds imo
Showrunner should stop trying to make everything ambiguous

Rhaenyra is not a saint
Aegon is not the most incompetent evil Targaryen king

By putting your thumb on the scale too hard you make the show do a disservice to the source material

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
zwvER9I.gif

prAoQKj.png

nikkas just cant help themselves talking about the book shyt :francis:
You nikkas dont even have the decency to spoiler tag differences and shyt :scust:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
all of a sudden a bunch of game of thrones youtubers are putting out videos defending the episode (paticularly heleana)

people really didnt like it like that?

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Could they? What if he left King's Landing, which he was planning that that. There's a war going on, the comings and goings of dragon riders would be a fluid situation. Daemon wanted that shyt done that night.

Regarding the ending it's worth noting the Kingsguard technically only guards the king unless specifically instructed to guard others. They wouldn't have been with the Queen and her children under most circumstances. I'm not sure why the show changed the circumstances but if I had to guess it was to make it more of a surprise. In the books they target the crown prince because they had information on his whereabouts. Helaena took the children to the Tower Of The Hand at dusk every night to say goodnight to Alicent. So they snuck into the tower via the hidden tunnels. They also had to deal with a guard, unlike in the show.
Joffrey always had the hound with him....the next in line gets to have a bodyguard

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
all of a sudden a bunch of game of thrones youtubers are putting out videos defending the episode (paticularly heleana)

people really didnt like it like that?
As a nonbookreader I can see why ppl would be upset at her reaction. She didnt scream or shyt while they were killing her child. I think that was probably because she was in shock. Then you got her running down stairs and shyt and not screaming for help at all. It just made no sense. You away from the killers and your in your castle.
I think the show just did a bad job and showing that Haelana is touched/slow or w/e you want to call it though. Seems like that's obviously what they were trying to do for S1. That plus it's been a long gap(season wise) that most ppl probably forgot she slow.

Last edited:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
As a nonbookreader I can see why ppl would be upset at her reaction. She didnt scream or shyt while they were killing her child. I think that was probably because she was. Then you got her running down stairs and shyt and not screaming for help at all. It just made no sense. You away from the killers and your in your castle.
I think the show just did a bad job and showing that Haelana is touched/slow or w/e you want to call it though. Seems like that's obviously what they were trying to do for S1. That plus it's been a long gap(season wise) that most ppl probably forgot she slow.

im also a non book reader but I remember how off she was acting last season so i didnt question it at all here. i even thought it was more shock than anything, but the way she ignores them fukking as says "they killed the boy" just further cemented how odd she is

and im the kind of person who thought the way that alicent misunderstood what the king meant about the prophecy and aegon was forced as fukk

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
As a nonbookreader I can see why ppl would be upset at her reaction. She didnt scream or shyt while they were killing her child. I think that was probably because she was. Then you got her running down stairs and shyt and not screaming for help at all. It just made no sense. You away from the killers and your in your castle.

She screams in the book and alerts the guards after Blood and Cheese leave. I think the show is heavily leaning into the idea of her having mental issues and being a dreamer, which of course means modern audiences think she has autism. I've seen other people say she regressed to a child state, resulting in her running into her mother's room and hiding.

Like I said yesterday...the drastic changes to that scene don't bother me since I trust the showrunner. But it was definitely the product of other creative decisions they made starting last season, and everything led to that.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Is the book a entertaining read? I heard he wrote it like a history book. Is the writing dull?

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
zwvER9I.gif

prAoQKj.png

nikkas just cant help themselves talking about the book shyt :francis:
You nikkas dont even have the decency to spoiler tag differences and shyt :scust:
No spoilers in my post nikka
You anti book reading psychos looking for the boogeyman everywhere
Me pointing out how something is being done in the show(pertaining to the episode that just aired and episodes that have aired in season 1) is not a spoiler. You aren't even seeing plot details in my post
I'm talking about the production of the show

crying about spoilers like a lil kid
pathetic

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
She screams in the book and alerts the guards after Blood and Cheese leave. I think the show is heavily leaning into the idea of her having mental issues and being a dreamer, which of course means modern audiences think she has autism. I've seen other people say she regressed to a child state, resulting in her running into her mother's room and hiding.

Like I said yesterday...the drastic changes to that scene don't bother me since I trust the showrunner. But it was definitely the product of other creative decisions they made starting last season, and everything led to that.
The showrunner did an interview where he talked about the limitations of what they can actually do with child actors
The event is requiring heavy use of baby/child actors and violence is usually a no no to expose them to in tv show productions

Its not like they want to white wash the event but I legit think they couldn't film it like that because its not legal to film that type of stuff with children

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Is the book a entertaining read? I heard he wrote it like a history book. Is the writing dull?

It's basically a history book told from different perspectives. There are "official" portions written by the maesters, who document a lot of the stuff seen in the show like you'd document Napoleon or Shaka Zulu in a real history book. Then there are parts written by a court jester who focuses on the rumors and fukkery lol. So it's a back and forth between a guy being all serious saying "Alicent was a cunning queen who had a formidable mind" and then the jester's part is like "she was having orgies yall, she loved dikk."
:mjlol: