House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Don't read the responses to the tweet.

Confirms HBO is butchering the show, wow.

The Mad Greedy CEO has gone too far. It's time for a rebellion for the good of the realm.

Cutting two episodes on your flagship property while bleeding billions is counting coppers as Robert Baretheon would say.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I knew shyt was going to get fukked up when I saw my beloved HBO shows next to My 400 pound life.

It’s like selling Gucci in Walmart. :scust:
The quality HBO shows put out these years please don't decline like this :mjcry:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
There’s no way Larys has Otto imprisoned. It’s most likely the Beesbury’s since they’re beefing with the Hightowers after their lord was slain in Kings Landing. Otto was headed to Oldtown and likely got caught up.

I hope Otto got stung by the Killa Beezburies for his treason :ufdup:

What hasn’t been discussed enough by us and the show is the constant fury and pain House Beesbury has been putting on the Hightowers and other houses in the region. They never stop putting in work ever since that p*ssy whipped fool Cole slammed Lord Beesbury head into the table. And in the ending montage with ol clever Otto in the dungeon, I think that’s house Beesbury putting in major work to avenge their lord. And I think Dearon (however you spell it) and his dragon is flying to save him. Shout out to House Beesbury
@Mr Hate Coffee @Urbanmiracle y’all see it :youngsabo:
House Beesbury
puttin in work
:salute:
Harm one, get stung and buried by KillaBeez:demonic:

Daps
Reppin
#LWO

HBO is over correcting for GOT ending. They do not want the criticism to ever be that this show rushed its ending. And there’s also the pressure of delivering a timely product :jbhmm:. It’s high key outrageous there’s a two year wait between seasons .

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
HBO is over correcting for GOT ending. They do not want the criticism to ever be that this show rushed its ending. And there’s also the pressure of delivering a timely product :jbhmm:. It’s high key outrageous there’s a two year wait between seasons .
Has nothing to do with HBO, that's Zaslav/Discovery fukkery. If this was above the ending of GoT, they wouldve kept it to 10 epi. One of the main complaints of the last couple season of GoT were the shortened seasons.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:mjtf: Sheepstealer look RAGGEDY as hell. Like the crackhead in the family they don't talk about.
how you know that dragon name ? Its been a few random dragon names dropped in here (cannibal and something else) how you know it aint one of those dragons ?how does everyone know 100% that dragon is sheepstealer ?

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
The other thing that's bothering me about the show compared to GoT is the constant lack of action. I can understand why there aren't a lot of big battles. Hell there weren't a lot of big battles in GoT. But how many sword fights were there in GoT, often between a small handful of people? Multiple episodes each season had some type of violent conflict or action scene. The first season of GoT had the smallest budget of any subsequent season yet damn near every episode had a sword drawn.

The showrunner can think of 100 different iterations of the same dialogue scenes - Rhae contemplating war amongst her small council, Rhae contemplating war with her son, Rhae contemplating war with her spy master, etc - yet nobody said uhhh....we've got Criston Cole leading an army and Daemon building an army...maybe both can have some small scale action scenes? Maybe Cole's army runs across some scouts and has to take them out. Maybe Cole and Gwayne Hightower, who clearly had a rivalry throughout the season, should have a scene where they spar/practice against each other while the army camps. Maybe an assassin is sent to kill Daemon in Harrenhall. Maybe Cregen Stark leads a wildling ranging beyond the wall while contemplating what it means to send the north to war for the Targaryens. All of this is small shyt but could have broken up the nonstop string of dialogue scenes.
Season 1 not having a lot of action makes sense since they were in a period of long peace during Visyers' reign & Rhaenyra's early childhood.

Compared to the first couple of seasons of GoT, even tho Robert Baratheon had a decent rule....still felt like a cold war going on in between the houses.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
how you know that dragon name ? Its been a few random dragon names dropped in here (cannibal and something else) how you know it aint one of those dragons ?how does everyone know 100% that dragon is sheepstealer ?
:why: he was eating sheep in the wild

either way that nikka was raggedy as hell :manny:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
This season fell below expectations but I still liked it even with the glaring issues with pacing & repetitive story beats

That being said, GOT has probably cultivated one of the most childish fandoms out rn. People complaining about filler scenes, which do exist, but then turn around and ask for empty action scenes between characters that we barely know like the blackwoods, brackens, the towns & forts that criston & aemond sacked, etc. Some fans get mad when this gets said but It’s clear a lot of y’all just want fire & blood every week which begs the question of how y’all even came to like this series in the first place? The original GOT had it’s 1st full-scale battle after almost two full seasons with plenty of offscreen skirmishes & dialogue ‘filler’ heavy scenes beforehand

Y’all really in here saying this is worse than season 7 & 8, c’mon now
I agree with you for the most part....but The Long Night alone makes GoT season 8 better than this season of HoD.

putting the Dothraki on the front line, the red woman trotting up dolo on horseback to ignite them flames :wow:

only for them nikkas to get sent into the darkness and be extinguished immediately :mjlol:

all classic show opening, all time classic show battle too. nikkas was hyped when that episode dropped and were not disappointed

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County

I fukking knew it.

The Discovery merger was terrible. HBO is pretty much synonymous with "quality", Discovery is gonna kill the brand of "it's HBO, so I'll give it a watch/chance" just so they squeeze out a couple of more bucks.