House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Rhaena. She was desperate for a dragon. Now why she would do that and not take any provisions with her is another story :yeshrug:
For her to be drinking stream water she had to be out there for days :scust:
Which is why they could’ve at least showed us a quick shot of her flying back to Dragonstone on the back of a dragon. Instead they just have her standing on the stop of a hill looking musty with her mouth wide open. These muhfukkas ain’t shyt.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@itsyoung!! in here peeping out all yall spoiler nikkaz!! Thought he forgot about yall spoiler leakin b*stards. :ufdup:

file.php

e60b005959b0cd2b411746681f85e0b42578458c.gif

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Shogun had worse issues with pacing, reused sets, and a lack of action but everyone was on that show's dikk
sYHpT4m.gif

1. most of that is cap. No real pacing issues. sets is a nonissue, shogun wasnt about action, shogun was great and deserves the praise.
2. The writing and characters are 1k times better on shogun. Shoguns also wasnt billed/marketed as action being the main thing. Torizzy made it clear he couldnt go to war because it would be too risky and he would be overwhelmed. He said that within the first 2 eps iirc
It's called shogun and Torizzy became shogun at the end and showed how he played the politics game to make it happen.
3. Dont try and throw dirt on Shogun because everyone doesnt like how HotDS2 handled things, especially the finally.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
This season definetly reminded me of season 4 of The Boys. A lot of filler and pointless meandering to pad time. However The Boys ended the finale on a higher note than this. Seeing they have so much IP tied to this universe im surprised they would ok this season they way it was presented.

Lohar :camby:
Eye Bucking :camby:
Jace pouting about commoners :camby:

Alicent and Rhaenra trying to talk it out…again:camby:

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
sYHpT4m.gif

1. most of that is cap. No real pacing issues. sets is a nonissue, shogun wasnt about action, shogun was great and deserves the praise.
2. The writing and characters are 1k times better on shogun. Shoguns also wasnt billed/marketed as action being the main thing. Torizzy made it clear he couldnt go to war because it would be too risky and he would be overwhelmed. He said that within the first 2 eps iirc
It's called shogun and Torizzy became shogun at the end and showed how he played the politics game to make it happen.
3. Dont try and throw dirt on Shogun because everyone doesnt like how HotDS2 handled things, especially the finally.

This is the main promo art for Shogun on streaming services, imdb, & wikipedia

Sh%C5%8Dgun_%282024_miniseries%29_poster.jpg

This is also the trailer

"war is coming" with sword fights & epic music blaring in the background

:mjlol:

It was definitely marketed with action especially since it was compared to GOT which people expect constant set pieces from now

And I'm not throwing dirt on the show for this dry ass season lol, I thought Shogun was ok, I'm just pointing the weird hypocrisy in the overlapping audiences between it & HOTD

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
This is the main promo art for Shogun on streaming services, imdb, & wikipedia

This is also the trailer

"war is coming" with sword fights & epic music blaring in the background

It was definitely marketed with action especially since it was compared to GOT which people expect constant set pieces from now

And I'm not throwing dirt on the show for this dry ass season lol, I thought Shogun was ok, I'm just pointing the weird hypocrisy in the overlapping audiences between it & HOTD

You just wrong and reaching when it comes to shogun and them promising action. That poster means nothing and you tooka 5s clip of a random person saying "war is coming" :yeshrug:

You have done nothing to refute me saying "Shoguns also wasnt billed/marketed as action being the main thing" Pay attention to the main thing part.

Seems the action part is the only thing you tried to refute in my post :yeshrug:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Someone needs to help me understand why Helaena is giving visions to her uncle that murdered her son. Visions that are supposed to help him rejoin Rhaenyra and overthrow her brother/husband. Yet, she’s pissed at Aemond for burning that same brother/husband. “I saw it!!!” You didn’t see your uncle scheming to kill your kid?? This ho wasn’t autistic in this episode. What she was is a traitor just like her momma. And why give away how it ends instead of just unraveling it during the show???

Terrible writing.
She clearly says that Aegon is gonna be king again, how do you know she isn't doing what needs to be done for that to happen?

Not to mention that she is clearly touched in the head in case you haven't noticed.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
A lot of y'all don't know good or great writing. I know for a fact anybody praising Shogun doesn't know a damn thing about writing.

That entire series was all talk episodes and the little action we did have was minute in the grand scheme of things.

They wrapped it up on Mary sue shyt..."I know how the wind blows".

Its 2024 and you have to show this shyt play out and stop off screening things. This isn't a book. It's a tv show. You are suppose to show things...not talk and talk. Goddamn my Japanese improved watching that show they talked so fukking much.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
A lot of y'all don't know good or great writing. I know for a fact anybody praising Shogun doesn't know a damn thing about writing.

That entire series was all talk episodes and the little action we did have was minute in the grand scheme of things.

They wrapped it up on Mary sue shyt..."I know how the wind blows".
So you think the writing in season 2 of HotD is better than shogun? :jbhmm:
If you say yes, that tells me you are the one that "doesnt know a damn thing about writing".
The fact that ou think it was mary sue shyt at the end says shyt went over your head.

Last edited:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
So you think the writing in season 2 of HotD is better than shogun? :jbhmm:
If you say yes, that tells me you are the one that "doesnt know a damn thing about writing".
The fact that ou think it was mary sue shyt at the end says shyt went over your head.
Not by far. The writing was fine in shogun..except there was 0 action in the grand scheme of things.

They talked our heads off. We never saw a single battlefield and that was the purpose of the cannons.

We got 0 samurai battles and I never once thought ol boy life was ever in danger. Yes we got politics and seen how they run shyt. But we never saw action. It was a glorified soap opera

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The writing was fine in shogun
Ok, so we agree the writing was fine then. From the posts you made it seem like it was trash or some BMF level writing.

Expectations about samurai battles seems like a personal issue :yeshrug: .

But we never saw action. It was a glorified soap opera
Also to say we never saw action is big cap.
Miriku doing the crimson sky/tryin to leave.

Action/Bodies dropped when Tori tried to sneak out

Mariko's husband went out fighting -2nd part of the above fight scene when they got to the harbor iirc

Toranaga son tried to assasinate his uncle and died
Action/Bodies dropped in the assasination attempt when the assasins went to the wrong room(Anjun switched rooms)
Action/Bodies dropped when Yaku betrayed Toranaga and let the assassins in
Action/Bodies dropped when the leader of the military council killed the other member of the council that tried to escape.

Im probably forgetting a few scenes.

That is what you call "never seeing action"?
krsDI2I.png

Last edited:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Ok, so we agree the writing was fine then. From the posts you made it seem like it was trash or some BMF level writing.

Expectations about samurai battles seems like a personal issue :yeshrug: .

Also to say we never saw action is big cap.
Miriku doing the crimson sky/tryin to leave.

Action/Bodies dropped when Tori tried to sneak out

Mariko's husband went out fighting -2nd part of the above fight scene when they got to the harbor iirc

Toranaga son tried to assasinate his uncle and died
Action/Bodies dropped in the assasination attempt when the assasins went to the wrong room(Anjun switched rooms)
Action/Bodies dropped when Yaku betrayed Toranaga and let the assassins in
Action/Bodies dropped when the leader of the military council killed the other member of the council that tried to escape.

Im probably forgetting a few scenes.

That is what you call "never seeing action"?
krsDI2I.png

I pointed out battlefield action and you ass pull closed location scene action.

=/= that's not action. That's glorified fight scene.

I know for a fact you a "black panther" lover and that's why this convoy has to end.

Y'all accept any and every bullshyt and champion it as if it is something to behold. This is why Hollywood is failing

• Haha
Reactions: 907