House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This episode is so wierd man. Some parts seem to be written by some teenager who watched xena the warrior princess or something.. then some parts seem like CW and then you have 1 or 2 scens that were solid but were completely out of place.

I think this season was supposed to end with Aegon's fall. This finale was supposed to be the premiere for next season and some loose cut scenes.

The Rhaenyra and Alicent scene was retarded.

The whole essos scene is out of place.

Aemond talking to Halaena was retarded.

The tone and behaviour Ulf and the reaction of everyone around him is not right.

Daemon seeing the night king and changing his mind is stupid.

Homegirl running around freezing and drinking river water is just so stupid. People don't behave like that.

Like it is obvious what they are trying to do but it is sooo amateur. Every idea could be executed so much better.

Where the fukk are they finding these writers?

.. and this isn't some book versus tv rant. book is book. tv is tv. garbage is garbage.
Yea that’s where I am with it. The writing is horrid.

People are still quoting GOTs years later. They set the standard. GOT is literally, undoubtedly, one of the best shows EVER, and it’s a tough act to follow, but HoTD is falling short.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Does Rhaenyra have Otto because when Alicent was walking away, it looked like they where in the same place, with the way the lighting was moving

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I don't even mind them not ending it with the battle.....but the whole thing felt nothing like a HBO product. shyt put together like it as Xena the Princess Warrior and belongs on TBS or some shyt. And I say this as someone who though episdoes 6 & 7 were great and served their purpose.

the forced trans / Tywin shyt......why? Terrible acing, weird non interesting plot line,

Aemond's actor breaking character and not even doing the voice correctly

Halena all of sudden speaking like she isn't on the specturm

the drunk b*stard tagaryan scenes......:why: it was damn near General Hospital type quality

For as non-sensical as the last season of Game of Thrones was, it was still a high quality production and felt like some HBO shyt.

This here? 2 packs of ass........Discover gotta bring back HBO's quality assurance department. The merger has been stepping on the product way too much
You hit the nail on the head.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@Trav Causing civil wars in here with all that sneak dapping :smh:

stallipiano.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The other thing that's bothering me about the show compared to GoT is the constant lack of action. I can understand why there aren't a lot of big battles. Hell there weren't a lot of big battles in GoT. But how many sword fights were there in GoT, often between a small handful of people? Multiple episodes each season had some type of violent conflict or action scene. The first season of GoT had the smallest budget of any subsequent season yet damn near every episode had a sword drawn.

The showrunner can think of 100 different iterations of the same dialogue scenes - Rhae contemplating war amongst her small council, Rhae contemplating war with her son, Rhae contemplating war with her spy master, etc - yet nobody said uhhh....we've got Criston Cole leading an army and Daemon building an army...maybe both can have some small scale action scenes? Maybe Cole's army runs across some scouts and has to take them out. Maybe Cole and Gwayne Hightower, who clearly had a rivalry throughout the season, should have a scene where they spar/practice against each other while the army camps. Maybe an assassin is sent to kill Daemon in Harrenhall. Maybe Cregen Stark leads a wildling ranging beyond the wall while contemplating what it means to send the north to war for the Targaryens. All of this is small shyt but could have broken up the nonstop string of dialogue scenes.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
What hasn’t been discussed enough by us and the show is the constant fury and pain House Beesbury has been putting on the Hightowers and other houses in the region. They never stop putting in work ever since that p*ssy whipped fool Cole slammed Lord Beesbury head into the table. And in the ending montage with ol clever Otto in the dungeon, I think that’s house Beesbury putting in major work to avenge their lord. And I think Dearon (however you spell it) and his dragon is flying to save him. Shout out to House Beesbury

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
:skip::why:

Nikka the literal spoiler was in GOT. Even if you didn’t read the books, we all watched it :deadrose:
Joffrey said that shyt in passing, and at the time it had no significance to show watchers, so the majority of people wouldn't have remembered it. I know I didn't. And I rewatched that season more than once. But people have to continue to bring this up as an excuse for spoilers. :unimpressed:

That nikka @klientel posted a clear spoiler in a no spoiler thread and tagged it :dead:.

I'm regards to Otto the writing is so poor it could be the Beesbury's or it could be Larys who the fukk knows at this point. But why didn't Daeron send word to somebody, anybody, that Otto had been captured?

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Joffrey said that shyt in passing, and at the time it had no significance to show watchers, so the majority of people wouldn't have remembered it. I know I didn't. And I rewatched that season more than once. But people have to continue to bring this up as an excuse for spoilers. :unimpressed:

That nikka @klientel posted a clear spoiler in a no spoiler thread and tagged it :dead:.

I'm regards to Otto the writing is so poor it could be the Beesbury's or it could be Larys who the fukk knows at this point. But why didn't Daeron send word to somebody, anybody, that Otto had been captured?

There's a few things that were said in passing on GOT that hold a bit of significance on this show.

For example when Tywin was talking to Arya he pretty much said that Harrenhal was trash. Come to find out, Harrenhal been some shyt for 200 years and it all started when Larys killed his family and took the money.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...

Interesting read.
I've been contemplating reading the book seeing as we have a potential 6 year wait to a season 4 conclusion :skip:

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
This season fell below expectations but I still liked it even with the glaring issues with pacing & repetitive story beats

That being said, GOT has probably cultivated one of the most childish fandoms out rn. People complaining about filler scenes, which do exist, but then turn around and ask for empty action scenes between characters that we barely know like the blackwoods, brackens, the towns & forts that criston & aemond sacked, etc. Some fans get mad when this gets said but It’s clear a lot of y’all just want fire & blood every week which begs the question of how y’all even came to like this series in the first place? The original GOT had it’s 1st full-scale battle after almost two full seasons with plenty of offscreen skirmishes & dialogue ‘filler’ heavy scenes beforehand

Y’all really in here saying this is worse than season 7 & 8, c’mon now