House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Looking back...the entire season was a prelude to war...as was this episode. All sides are set, the armies are approaching, the dragons are live. In that context, it was a good season. They could've shuffled things around to make it a better buildup to this 'climax' to make it feel more like a cliffhanger...like have the scenes in Dorne like 2 episodes ago, and Rhaena running thru the world map on some Final Fantasy shyt...that could've been episode 5 or 6...etc...

Next season should be WAR, very action based.
shyt if they could have shuffled other things and had EP 7 be EP 8 I think most would have been satisfied. Aemond falling back and the final shot of Syrax/Vermithor/Silverwing was :banderas:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
This thread got more violent and chaotic in my absence. :mjlol:

Just watched the season finale. Way better HBO adaptation than what they did with thrones! :umad:

Don’t mind me, keep banging on each other. :mjlol:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
52MIdD6.gif

It only takes like 5s to put someone on ignore.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
i just ended up reading the book synopsis online. fukk waiting 4 years to find out how it ends :pacspit:
I had the story spoiled on Facebook when the first season dropped. Then little by little.more spoilers for certain deaths. I gave up on not knowing how it turns out. I'd say I know 65% of the story. Not really that big of a deal to me, I still enjoy the show.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I didn't have a problem with them ending the season on a "moving the chess pieces in position" note, but the Alicent conversation was so devoid of logic it hurt my head :francis:

How does Rhaenyra dare bring up a "son for a son" and Alicent not remind her about the grandson being butchered ? How is the woman who was ready to die over her son losing an eye reduced to this shell of herself sacrificing her blood to cut a deal ?

flavor-of-love-new-york.gif
Her son just burned thousands of innocent people to death on his dragon because his pride got hurt. I think that's enough to make you reconsider some things.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Man people really be ready to crash out over this spoiler shyt. Ive never spoiled anything in my life afaik and if I have been its whatever…its not something to get insanely upset over. If i was super concerned about spoilers Id consume the source material, or atay off the internet because nikkas are a$$holes and will spoil shyt for you without even trying to. Either read them books or attempt to avoid what happens for the next 5 years. Its popular media I still dont know the ending to cuz I literally dont post in them threads cuz I know how people be and will inadvertently spoil shyt. I still have no idea how gta5 ends so if I can dodge that Im sure you can figure out a way to not get spoiled for this show:manny:

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Someone needs to help me understand why Helaena is giving visions to her uncle that murdered her son. Visions that are supposed to help him rejoin Rhaenyra and overthrow her brother/husband. Yet, she’s pissed at Aemond for burning that same brother/husband. “I saw it!!!” You didn’t see your uncle scheming to kill your kid?? This ho wasn’t autistic in this episode. What she was is a traitor just like her momma. And why give away how it ends instead of just unraveling it during the show???

Terrible writing.

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
This episode is so wierd man. Some parts seem to be written by some teenager who watched xena the warrior princess or something.. then some parts seem like CW and then you have 1 or 2 scens that were solid but were completely out of place.

I think this season was supposed to end with Aegon's fall. This finale was supposed to be the premiere for next season and some loose cut scenes.

The Rhaenyra and Alicent scene was retarded.

The whole essos scene is out of place.

Aemond talking to Halaena was retarded.

The tone and behaviour Ulf and the reaction of everyone around him is not right.

Daemon seeing the night king and changing his mind is stupid.

Homegirl running around freezing and drinking river water is just so stupid. People don't behave like that.

Like it is obvious what they are trying to do but it is sooo amateur. Every idea could be executed so much better.

Where the fukk are they finding these writers?

.. and this isn't some book versus tv rant. book is book. tv is tv. garbage is garbage.