House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
I have to say it’s hilarious that they did a whole posing scene at the end, which was beautifully shot, and had the best music of the season, and didn’t include Jace, and Aemond, who posed the entire season. What were they doing? They could have had Aemond on some balcony with the hair blowing as usual, or Jace looking at something, posing, which is his face under any circumstances.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
They really gave Alicent's traitorous ass a moment with that walkout montage. WHY? nobody gives a fukk. Then the shyt was slow as hell. Alicent walking the halls of the sept. Cut to army march. Alicent still in the hallway, cut to aegon fleeing, now we see alicent finally out of the hallway and at the door, cut to otto prisoner, now alicent takes 5 more steps and looks over the night sky. You better off showing where the more prominent ppl like Aemond are.

After sleeping on it and thinking I think the ending of this puts the season below season 8 this was truly horrific Especially the Rhaenyra Alicent shyt where Alicent just decided she’s gonna sacrifice her whole family for rhaenyra.

This shyt was truly horrific
The son for a son and Aegon must die shyt doesnt even make sense.
1. You got your lick back already by killing Aegon's son.
2. We just saw Rhae earlier sneak into king's landing and try to peace it up with Alicent. She was cool with letting Aegon live them so why not now?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Did Alicent know Aegon was going into hiding when she went to talk to Rhae?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Worst part about this show…

I think last night may have been the first time Aemond/Haelana have interacted.

I don’t recall ever seeing Rhaenyra even so much as have a convo with her three hightower siblings.

Meanwhile GOT had a deep complex background for numerous characters that tied them all together.

One of the dopest moments of S8 and it’s all because of the character relationships:

They can't even say "we didn't have time" either. The show has had plenty of time, in both seasons, to create compelling dialogue moments between different characters and has instead chosen over and over to repeat the same interactions to an exhausting level. How many different scenes have their been with someone preaching caution? Or all the Harrenhall scenes, or Alicent at the Grand Maester (whose name no one remembers), etc etc. Very sloppy decisions. And it's unfortunate because so much of the dialogue is good, and each ep has really good dialogue scenes. But I don't understand why they just kept sidelining characters. Haelana's son was killed in the first ep and we barely saw her afterwards.

Even the thing with Rhaela in the finale. She basically runs around for 20 seconds here or there throughout the episode, and it's stretched until the very end when she finds the dragon. How the fukk did anyone edit that and say yea, this is good television. You left a Targaryen prince to run around looking for a dragon...oh and the Arynns kicked you out their castle for no logical reason, oh and you've barely had any scenes this season. Just insane...