House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I imagine people will hate on the scene (it is fukkking dumb how they just keep sneaking into enemy territory) but I like the scene with Rhae and Alicent, Rhaenyra actually showed some fukking personality in it and like the little heel turn, that was what I was expecting this season after her looking ready to burn down the world in the last shot of season 1, instead all we got was "do we REALLYYYY have to fight?"
This would of been a great 9/10 episode if it was episode 8 out of 10 for a season

For a finale this shyt was straight trash

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Between HOTD, The Boys and The Bear all 3 new seasons felt like interludes to their next season with a bunch of filler that could’ve been trimmed out

Like I legit feel like this entire season could’ve been consolidated to 3 or 4 episodes and nothing of consequence would’ve been lost

What a bummer :francis:

I haven't watch The Bear S3 yet. It hit us with filler bullshyt too? Man... :beli:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
No...it is not...terrible storytelling is putting every single thing on screen as soon as it "happens" when the implications are clearly in front of you.
There was no implication that otto was going to be imprisoned

But then again you one of the 4-5 posters here who posts a lot of “hunches” so im sure you knew Otto predicament long before this episode aired

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I dont know how to explain this but maybe thisll make sense

The way this episode was filmed, with the corny dialogue, the horrible visions, the bloom/glare, the 5-10 second filler wasted scenes , etc

Reminded me of DC justice league movie - especially before snyder cut

Whoever shot / directed this episode i hope they never shoot another GoT episode

Felt very unGoT like and more comic book movie like

If that makes sense

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I was so upset I almost spoiled the show for myself. Now I gotta wait like half a decade for a conclusion :francis:

Daps
Not gonna lie, I did see that final scene in the spoilers they posted on TikTok, but didn’t watch any others, had no context, and I thought that treh standing next to Tyland on the ship was going to be Daeron. I thought they chose a very feminine looking boy to play him, and that would be the reveal. When I watched the episode, and they introduced that character, I’d forgotten that’s who it was, and heard the voice, and saw the bone structure, but didn’t want to assume it was a man, like those people did with the female boxer at the Olympics.

:francis:

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
No it isn't...lol.

It's been clear since Aemond's word to bring him back went unanswered. And you see Larys attaching himself to Aegon...

What my nikka? Otto is a major character you don't have him imprisoned off screen. That's terrible storytelling.

There’s no way Larys has Otto imprisoned. It’s most likely the Beesbury’s since they’re beefing with the Hightowers after their lord was slain in Kings Landing. Otto was headed to Oldtown and likely got caught up.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
the thing that is throwing me here, they are preparing for the long night (winter 200 years from now), but they executed it so poorly in season 8 of GoT, that honestly who the fukk cares. the dragons (and targs being on the throne) didnt even end up factoring into the fight. the battle lasted one night and fukking Ayra knocked off the Night King. I realize the story is the story, but with how poorly GoT ended, its just a big whatever

On one hand I like the heavy addition of prophesy into this show, whereas it was largely missing from GoT (besides the one about Cersei's children). On the other hand I just find it weird there's so much of an attempt to tie the show to the worst aspect of GoT, ie the final season(s). It was botched so poorly, in such an egregious manner that I'm baffled they keep yelling to the audience "hey remember the finale that nobody likes? It was important!" Also the fact that they erased the Starks from this season (besides one scene) is wild given the role they play in prophecies. There were so many choices available to expand the show beyond two locations, diversify the scenes beyond nonstop Alicent/Rhae back and forth shyt and they said nah fukk all that.

How much better would this season be if they further established Cregan Stark and also gave Otto Hightower scenes in Oldtown, where he would continue negotiating with the Triarchy. Those changes alone would have added new locations to shake up the monotony of King's Landing-to-Dragonstone shyt. And all you'd have to do is cut some of the repetitive Harrenhall shyt. Or cut a couple of the dozen "I must show restraint and not march to war" scenes Rhae had.

I'm still blown away they spent 10-15 minutes of that episode on a Lannister and pirate chick. Who thought that was a good idea?

Kooze4524

Pro
Daps
Why did they spoil everything with Helena’s visions? Lol they forgot to be cryptic?