House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly all this shyt would have been avoided if Viserys did the right thing and just named Aegon his heir once he was born. Then marry Aegon and Rhaenyra and call it a day, it’s not like that wasn’t common amongst the Targs. I think Otto even suggested it at some point.

Trying to threaten the kingdom into accepting Rhaenyra as the first queen ever was silly. These old men who run those houses weren’t ready to have a queen rule them, it was never gonna work.

Daemon would still be a problem but atleast they avoid all this bullshyt.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly all this shyt would have been avoided if Viserys did the right thing and just named Aegon his heir once he was born. Then marry Aegon and Rhaenyra and call it a day, it’s not like that wasn’t common amongst the Targs. I think Otto even suggested it at some point.

Trying to threaten the kingdom into accepting Rhaenyra as the first queen ever was silly. These old men who run those houses weren’t ready to have a queen rule them, it was never gonna work.

That's cool and all but Aegon is a clown which is why Viserys looked elsewhere.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This second season is missing Otto and his scheming, badly. And they neutered my nikka Corlys' story. He was bossed up in season 1.

The show has far too many characters. That issue isn't really the fault of the writers/producers but it is an issue they have been saddled with.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
She was like 8 :what:

They should’ve married Halaena to Jace

Silkk

Daps

He did. But they’re close to like 16-20 years apart in age in the show.

Silkk

Daps
This is where people are wrong because Daemon was definitely loyal to Viserys. Now when he feels slighted, he will go and do fukk shyt but that’s to his character and need to go against the grain.

The first season showed moments where we see their true relationship and these scenes from Harrenhall reinforce them. Even when he pulls stunts that seem treasonous by nature, because Viserys and Rhae know how he is, it just isn’t treated as such by them. They get more mad the audacity and inconvenience of it instead of how it seems.

When Daemon named himself King of Dragonstone, his brother did not treat it like he would had someone else rebelled against the crown. He really only bothered with it after he stole the egg Viserys had in his son’s crib. Had it been anyone else, he’s wiping them out. Rhae knew this as well and that scene where Daemon was about to kill Otto, she said if you really want the crown you know you have to kill me so just do it or knock this bullshyt off. To which made the games Daemon plays no longer fun so he fell back. Had he truly wanted to, he could’ve killed her.

Viserys knew his brother very well and just like he told Otto and the council, despite Daemons antics, he knew Daemon was loyal and was offended that they thought Daemon would try to kill him. He’s an impetuous child in that way. He does shyt because he knows he can get away with it but he was always loyal to Viserys. He just wanted him to name him his Hand and acted out because he never did.
All of this. I also think it’s why he didn’t go through with taking Rhaenyra’s virginity.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tf? The original series had WAY more characters than HOTD and did a great job showcasing them all the first few seasons

I totally agree with this. All of the main and supporting cast stood out in the OG Game of Thrones. That's the problem with this series, most of the characters are bland, and aren't intriguing.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The best episodes of House of Dragon were with the younger cast from season 1, episodes 1-5. And the best episode of the series is in season 1, when Aemond got his eye cut out.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He did. But they’re close to like 16-20 years apart in age in the show.
yeah looks like they are estimated to be 14-15 years apart

I don't think thats super uncommon in that world. Either way it would have united the Targs, and avoided this obvious civil war from happening. Yeah Aegon is a dikk, but most rulers are it seems.

It just seems like such the obvious answer to all their problems. And Aegon isn't like a Joffrey, Rhaenyra could have basically controlled him...he didn't wanna rule anyway.

Silkk

Daps
yeah looks like they are estimated to be 14-15 years apart

I don't think thats super uncommon in that world. Either way it would have united the Targs, and avoided this obvious civil war from happening. Yeah Aegon is a dikk, but most rulers are it seems.

It just seems like such the obvious answer to all their problems. And Aegon isn't like a Joffrey, Rhaenyra could have basically controlled him...he didn't wanna rule anyway.
Rhaeneyra would’ve been close to 30 by the time her and Aegon were able to have kids.

Her best breeding years would have passed her by word to Tywin