House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Or they could have gotten a bunch of CATS to kill the rats, as in nature.

:sas2:

Would the dogs have killed the rats?

:jbhmm:
They actually do this years later, I believe. There is a theory that the cats Arya chase in season 1 of GOT in Kings Landing are descendants of the cats that were brought in to kill the rats.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Easily the weakest GOT season

This finale sunday gotta be on some Infinite War type shyt to save it

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Easily the weakest GOT season

This finale sunday gotta be on some Infinite War type shyt to save it
:whoa: its not that great of a season, but its not a bad season either. Its entertaining at the very least despite the writing being extremely poor.

ive never been so disappointed in a tv show than season 8. I legit almost threw my phone and tv remote at how bad it was. It made me real life angry and was yelling at the tv "WHAT THE fukk IS THIS STUPID shyt :damn: " . The rage season 8 gave me watching that stupid shyt :wow: I hope I never experience it ever again :wow: Ive never ever felt emotions like that at a tv, even during sports games

and im a 49er fan thats lost now 3 super bowls in a row :damn:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:whoa: its not that great of a season, but its not a bad season either. Its entertaining at the very least despite the writing being extremely poor.

ive never been so disappointed in a tv show than season 8. I legit almost threw my phone and tv remote at how bad it was. It made me real life angry and was yelling at the tv "WHAT THE fukk IS THIS STUPID shyt :damn: " . The rage season 8 gave me watching that stupid shyt :wow: I hope I never experience it ever again :wow: Ive never ever felt emotions like that at a tv, even during sports games

and im a 49er fan thats lost now 3 super bowls in a row :damn:
The problem with S8 was how much shyt they crammed into those 6 episodes. The Long Knight being one episode and all that instant teleportation still has me like :snoop:

But too much shyt happening > Nothing happening. Aside from Rhaenys dying this season been nothing but talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk :unimpressed:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Why not just film a bunch of episodes then call it different seasons

Waiting two-three years for a show is stupid plus we were supposed to get ten episodes

MATT SMITH BEEN IN THAT CASTLE A VERY LONG TIME

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Why not just film a bunch of episodes then call it different seasons

Waiting two-three years for a show is stupid plus we were supposed to get ten episodes

MATT SMITH BEEN IN THAT CASTLE A VERY LONG TIME
I always wondered why shows dont do that. I think it's few reasons. First, they dont know if they gonna keep the show running. So why film 2 seasons back to back if you dont know if you gonna want the other seaons. Second, that would require a shytload of money upfront. You gonna have to pay actors and the whole crew. I think the first season on HotD was like 100M. S2 probably close to that. Finally, logistics. They said it took 7 months to film season 2. That mean if they did back to back then it would be almost a year and a half of filming. Scheduling that could be a problem. Then there's the fact that the writers gotta have the scripts ready for 2 seasons. That may take them months to do.

Cheap shows that quick to shoot like The Bear can do that. They filmed their last two seasons back to back. S3 just got done airing so S4 can be released at anytime.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I gotta say, this season has to be fukked because of the strike. I feel like half the dialog is a placeholder for some other shyt they didnt come up with yet.

Most the scenes are actors chewing scenery while saying the same stuff over and over. Somwtimes one word and just making faces.

The entire alyn/corlys story is repeated like 5x and dont go nowhere. I get its because the both the silent type but i mean add some variation jesus. He has 7 seperate scenes staring at his sons “hows the boat”

Rhanyra asked what shall i do like 10x

Hugh and the come on

Larys even

Idk it feels like 75% finished. Almost as if noone read the script thinking it was done before the union called a strike and then was like “whoops” when they realized writer didnt do shyt but repeat the same scenes over and over as if meant to expane just never got to it. Even the plot points. How much sneaking around gets done out here. Every plot point involves sneaking into the other side lmao

Whole shyt feels like a first draft lmao. Theres just no depth to the writing and has so many gaps between it its like they only got to finish half the scenes.

Nothing like karl fookin tanner spitting in jons eye , talking wild shyt, teaching him not to fight honorably almost killing him and then jon doing the move to the thenn and ramsay to win. Little character developments like this are just gone. As bad as the end of GOT was it wasnt this bad like this has been past few eps.

First season was waaaaay better. Even paddy considine couldnt save this.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yea. He basically started the war himself and alienated damon from viserys. Damon should have been named heir. Done with it. Until viserys found a proper wife. Otto sellin his daughter off and running back telling shyt to viserys.. Damon wasnt loyal but to pretend otto was more so is crazy.

When ottos son and alicient talk in previous ep, he talks of how he was mad otto didny take him. Otto used his daughter as meat from day 1.
This is where people are wrong because Daemon was definitely loyal to Viserys. Now when he feels slighted, he will go and do fukk shyt but that’s to his character and need to go against the grain.

The first season showed moments where we see their true relationship and these scenes from Harrenhall reinforce them. Even when he pulls stunts that seem treasonous by nature, because Viserys and Rhae know how he is, it just isn’t treated as such by them. They get more mad the audacity and inconvenience of it instead of how it seems.

When Daemon named himself King of Dragonstone, his brother did not treat it like he would had someone else rebelled against the crown. He really only bothered with it after he stole the egg Viserys had in his son’s crib. Had it been anyone else, he’s wiping them out. Rhae knew this as well and that scene where Daemon was about to kill Otto, she said if you really want the crown you know you have to kill me so just do it or knock this bullshyt off. To which made the games Daemon plays no longer fun so he fell back. Had he truly wanted to, he could’ve killed her.

Viserys knew his brother very well and just like he told Otto and the council, despite Daemons antics, he knew Daemon was loyal and was offended that they thought Daemon would try to kill him. He’s an impetuous child in that way. He does shyt because he knows he can get away with it but he was always loyal to Viserys. He just wanted him to name him his Hand and acted out because he never did.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I gotta say, this season has to be fukked because of the strike. I feel like half the dialog is a placeholder for some other shyt they didnt come up with yet.

Most the scenes are actors chewing scenery while saying the same stuff over and over. Somwtimes one word and just making faces.

The entire alyn/corlys story is repeated like 5x and dont go nowhere. I get its because the both the silent type but i mean add some variation jesus.

Rhanyra asked what shall i do like 10x

Hugh and the come on

Larys even

Idk it feels like 75% finished. Even the plot points. How much sneaking around gets done out here. Every plot point involves sneaking into the other side lmao.

What would you have me do? :troll:

giphy.gif