House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
When you really think about it, team black has done some fukked up shyt....but its not really framed that way for some reason

like...Daemon really had a child decapitated....Rhaenerya just had 50 people burned and eaten by a dragon....Rhaeneys killed a bunch of civilians with that stunt she pulled at Aegon's coronation...Daemon murked his og wife for nothing.....he killed an innocent guard so they could fake the death of their cousins son..Corlys working as this broad hand and dont know his heir is alive ...Daemon gave the green light for women and children to be kidnapped, beheaded and god knows what else...AND he behead Corlys brother because he aint want Driftmark to pass to these kids that obviously wasnt fam

but they've managed to write in a way to where nobody give a shyt about all that
:patrice:

Yeah the writing favors the Blacks too much. And the show is worse off for it imo. I've heard Rhaenyra's portrayal on the show is much kinder than she is in the source material.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure what you think I'm trying to say but since this is canon and there are no highborn Westori black families in GoT, we have to assume they got wiped out since GoT is all cacs. And like I said, we never hear of the Velaryon house in GoT either.
Im trying to say there are no black highborn westori families in GoT because those specific cacs(D&D/ Casting directors) over it didnt think about diversity. There is no reason littlefinger or other highborn westorosi families couldnt have been black or had black ppl in it.

If the showrunners/casting directors of HotD were over GoT you would see more diversity.

Also I wasnt speaking specifically about highborn ppl either. I didnt see too many black faces as commonfolk in KL etc either.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I was annoyed that Rhae Rhae just up and left to get on her drag to see who was riding seasmoke. Listening to a pod they said she probably did that because she thought Laenor was back and on Seasmoke. That actually makes sense :ehh:
It really does. Should've conveyed that better on TV cause if that actually is the case cause I believe everybody knew it was a new rider.

If she knew it was a new rider then yeah she's just fuccking stupid.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
When you really think about it, team black has done some fukked up shyt....but its not really framed that way for some reason

like...Daemon really had a child decapitated....Rhaenerya just had 50 people burned and eaten by a dragon....Rhaeneys killed a bunch of civilians with that stunt she pulled at Aegon's coronation...Daemon murked his og wife for nothing.....he killed an innocent guard so they could fake the death of their cousins son..Corlys working as this broad hand and dont know his heir is alive ...Daemon gave the green light for women and children to be kidnapped, beheaded and god knows what else...AND he behead Corlys brother because he aint want Driftmark to pass to these kids that obviously wasnt fam

but they've managed to write in a way to where nobody give a shyt about all that
Remember when shows make one root for pieces of shyt because of the way the show frames itself in opposition to the adversary? Like how mfs were rooting for walter white even though hes a piece of shyt because Gus was dangerous?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

None of this would of happened if alicent wasnt a dumb bytch and otto wasnt a backstabbing friend of viserys

So fukk green side

All that you said is just a reaction to green side fukking up

Otto was the first domino of the downfall of Westeros that hoe ass bytch

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Can we get this fukkin site fixed? Was just typing something and it automatically refreshed and just lost everything i typed. And the usual method of fixing it didnt work

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Im still pretty pissed this sunday is the finale already. 2 years gap between seasons and we still cant get a full 10 weeks?

All I know is if I don't get even a taste of war, I'ma be heated. They marketed war their whole promotional run, and the whole pick sides ish, and like @Silkk said, they keep pressing ⏩ on all of the battles :martin:

Last edited:

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
- this 8 episode season every 2 years shyt is not gonna cut it anymore....

- Writers misused Daemon this season.. They had mans warming the bench like..

iu

rather not have him in the episode at all than watch that shyt..

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
- this 8 episode season every 2 years shyt is not gonna cut it anymore....

- Writers misused Daemon this season.. They had mans warming the bench like..

iu

rather not have him in the episode at all than watch that shyt..

Is there confirmation it's always gonna be every two years, or was the delay largely due to the writers strike? I see no reason it won't be back at some point in 2025, or super early 2026.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Is there confirmation it's always gonna be every two years, or was the delay largely due to the writers strike? I see no reason it won't be back at some point in 2025, or super early 2026.
Strikes really didnt cause a delay to HotD i dont think. Thye just couldnt do rewrites while shooting.

Here's all I could find so far on s3, grain of salt and all that
According to contract info obtained by Game of Thrones franchise insiders Redanian Intelligence, filming on Season 3 is set to commence in early 2025 in Caceres, Spain, meaning HBO will seemingly keep the HOTD ball rolling coming off the momentum of Season 2.

Based on this production update, fans can predict when Season 3 will eventually be released on HBO and Max.

Season 2 was filmed from April 11, 2023 to September 29, 2023 (a roughly five-month turnaround). It would then debut nine months later in June 2024.

If Season 3 production can start in early 2025, as reports seem to indicate, then one can expect it to wrap sometime in late summer 2025.

Following a similar production pipeline to Season 2, a potential Season 3 release date would be sometime in early/mid-2026.