House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im still pretty pissed this sunday is the finale already. 2 years gap between seasons and we still cant get a full 10 weeks?
That two year wait is killer

I’m really hoping they nail the finale. I was hype after season one because i was pumped for the war. We have one episode left and still waiting on a major war to pop off not these skirmishes.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I was annoyed that Rhae Rhae just up and left to get on her drag to see who was riding seasmoke. Listening to a pod they said she probably did that because she thought Laenor was back and on Seasmoke. That actually makes sense :ehh:
damn good point. :ohhh:

Rhae Rhae was like "I know dat dikk in the booty ass fool didn't leave the Castro!!!! :damn: "

@itsyoung!! :pachaha:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Im still pretty pissed this sunday is the finale already. 2 years gap between seasons and we still cant get a full 10 weeks?

Producers like "THIS ALL WE GET TO MAKE SEASON 2???? Z, THIS AIN'T ENOUGH!!!! WE NEED 10 EPS, NOT 8 MAN!! :what: "

Zaslav like

make-it-enough-friday.gif

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
I do agree with the post saying they should've made the sides more grey. Would've made things far more nuanced and interesting :hubie:
When you really think about it, team black has done some fukked up shyt....but its not really framed that way for some reason

like...Daemon really had a child decapitated....Rhaenerya just had 50 people burned and eaten by a dragon....Rhaeneys killed a bunch of civilians with that stunt she pulled at Aegon's coronation...Daemon murked his og wife for nothing.....he killed an innocent guard so they could fake the death of their cousins son..Corlys working as this broad hand and dont know his heir is alive ...Daemon gave the green light for women and children to be kidnapped, beheaded and god knows what else...AND he behead Corlys brother because he aint want Driftmark to pass to these kids that obviously wasnt fam

but they've managed to write in a way to where nobody give a shyt about all that
:patrice:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Hold up. This is rods show? Rodimus prime rod?
Not the one you posted, but him and his wife Karen's (the one you sent them ducks to on Xbox 360 :mjlol: ) podcast. Their shyt is REALLY good. Been doing it since GOT. You should peep, won't be disappointed.

The Black Guy Who Tips Podcast. They do the GOT recaps every Wednesday.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When you really think about it, team black has done some fukked up shyt....but its not really framed that way for some reason

like...Daemon really had a child decapitated....Rhaenerya just had 50 people burned and eaten by a dragon....Rhaeneys killed a bunch of civilians with that stunt she pulled at Aegon's coronation...Daemon murked his og wife for nothing.....he killed an innocent guard so they could fake the death of their cousins son..Corlys working as this broad hand and dont know his heir is alive ...Daemon gave the green light for women and children to be kidnapped, beheaded and god knows what else...AND he behead Corlys brother because he aint want Driftmark to pass to these kids that obviously wasnt fam

but they've managed to write in a way to where nobody give a shyt about all that
first impression bias

They made the greens SOOOOO unlikable in season 1, that the blacks can do almost anything and you're kinda like.... :manny:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Probably cause a lot of that shyt is on Daemon:francis:We knew from day one he was a piece of shyt and he's never ran from that. Rhaenyra and him pretty much beefing lead to more sympathy to her and it really shouldn't have. She just had multiple bodies on her head trying to find riders and killed how many innocents?? Allicents grand kid was fukking decapitated and it really just got brushed over:gucci:Writers showed too much bias to try to channel OG GOT:hubie:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
No it doesnt. apparently in the book Velaryons werent black. Cacs were mad they made them black when this show was first announced.
Plus Velaryons wouldnt be the only Black ppl. You think all them ppl on driftmark are velaryions? They can legit make anyyone black since it's a fantasy book.
Stop trying to make excuses for GoT Casting director/ D&D :ufdup:

I'm not sure what you think I'm trying to say but since this is canon and there are no highborn Westori black families in GoT, we have to assume they got wiped out since GoT is all cacs. And like I said, we never hear of the Velaryon house in GoT either.

Most of the black people in GoT are from the Basilisk Isles, Naath and Summer Isles. Now the D&D mistake was making them all slaves when there are actually black advanced societies in the Summer Isles in the books.