House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
They in here talking LOOSE :picard:

images

"those...are...SPOILERS!" big breh with the 9ers icon is about to catch a few bodies when he pulls up :russ:
just got back to my computer.. im scared to read past 2 pages :francis:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
We clearly see that Alicent was a victim of Patriarchy through Otto as a little girl, being molded to be a judgemental sexually repressed woman in a highly religious family.
That's another thing about alicent getting shyt in the show. She had Otto pimping her out and molding her til she like 16 or w/e.
Otto gets sent away by Vizzy T for like a decade.
Cole and Larys are then the ones molding her and shyt during that time. Before the time jump we see Alicent save Cole from killing himself. Larys also starts to move in on her. Aint not telling how screwed up they made her since she legit had no one else to turn to.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I know a couple of guys that have watched the leaks. They tell me that I will hate it. Probably because I know how the story is “supposed” to go…like they do…and it went off the rails. Told them I don’t want to know…. I’ll see Sunday.
yall stupid fukks understand, if its supposed to go one way, and it goes another way, its still spoiling it? stupid fukk

how bout yall just shut the fukk up about some leaks and shyt

if I say Daemon is supposed to post up Aemond on the basketball court in Kings Landing and yall say "nah hes supposed to, but they went the other way than how it you would think" then that means he didnt post up Aemond :snoop: stupid fukk

my mind legit cant comprehend why yall cant just shut the fukk up :dahell:

tumblr_m69bbtbBRA1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
yall stupid fukks understand, if its supposed to go one way, and it goes another way, its still spoiling it? stupid fukk

how bout yall just shut the fukk up about some leaks and shyt

if I say Daemon is supposed to post up Aemond on the basketball court in Kings Landing and yall say "nah hes supposed to, but they went the other way than how it you would think" then that means he didnt post up Aemond stupid fukk

my mind legit cant comprehend why yall cant just shut the fukk up
Some dude was bytching and made a giant post about how shyt was pose to go and how two characters are different a few posts up
Good luck
xQ0FAW3.gif

ReasonableMatic

Daps
That's another thing about alicent getting shyt in the show. She had Otto pimping her out and molding her til she like 16 or w/e.
Otto gets sent away by Vizzy T for like a decade.
Cole and Larys are then the ones molding her and shyt during that time. Before the time jump we see Alicent save Cole from killing himself. Larys also starts to move in on her. Aint not telling how screwed up they made her since she legit had no one else to turn to.
Exactly.
That’s why the scene of the council meeting at the table was so powerful.

• Otto pimped Alicent out as a child, he used her..
She slept with a corpse most of her life out of duty and dedication.

• Larys had a foot fetish and used her..
She went along with it to try to gain some power.

But he betrayed her at the table with Aemond when it mattered..

• Cristen Cole was the first time she had sex with agency over her own body as a sexually repressed woman.

But he betrayed her at the table with Aemond when it mattered..

She had lived her WHOLE life in service of men, tryna please men.
Only for everything to get thrown in the bushes like trash by men she pleased to gain power.

That moment was eye opening for Alicent (02:43),
she disassociated and had a whole panick attack when it hit her.

Rhaenys being the Queen That Never Was had went through it first-hand and put Alicent on game, but she didn’t listen to the jewel she dropped on her..

Rhaenys told Alicent to her face:

..yet you toil still in service to men.
Your father, your husband, your son..
You desire not to be free,

but to make a window in the wall of your prison.."

- Rhaenys (5 Mic quotable:wow::wow::wow:)
makes-sense-rhaenys-v0-gdu3ld311iwa1.jpg

Deep as hell.. as it summarized Patriarchy,
but also the issue with enforcing oppressive systems in general
that we as Black ppl must understand to progress as a people.

Even episode 7 right after juxtaposed Alicent losing faith after realizing the systems were a scam and going into the woods to reevaluate her whole identity.

Opposed to Rhaenyra gettin more religious and seeing the deaths of the dragon seed to get a dragon as part of the prophecy,
poetic intentional writing.

To reduce ALL THAT, to
“The show is saying just listen to women”
Is being really lazy and out of touch with reality

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have a very biased superficial manosphere like perspective on this.

The stories in the book are recounts of stories and supposed to have inaccuracies compared to the show. As the show is supposed to show differences between what was written and what “actually happened” that those that wrote it either didn’t know or wrote because of various reasons.

Like Rhaenyra meeting Alicent in the crypt not being known,
so it wasn’t written as a recount.
LMAO wow

This is weapons grade copium. like please pull the GRRM quote that states this show is the real canon of the story.

Yes, Fire & Blood is told from the perspective of maesters historical writings bias included but this shyt? This shyt here my nikka? You literally just made this crap up
Patriarchy is a real thing, a confident Black man can acknowledge that and see its flaws without resorting to feeling personally attacked and reducing Patriarchy’s issues to “just listen to women”

It’s very much like racist white ppl reducing valid critiques by us Black ppl to “woke agendas” lazy.

We clearly see that Alicent was a victim of Patriarchy through Otto as a little girl, being molded to be a judgemental sexually repressed woman in a highly religious family.

Only to do the same sexual behavior she condemned Rhaenyra for, like countless Pastor’s daughters.

We see her enforcing and weaponizing Patriarchy towards Rhaenyra, only to lose all her power to it and realize she was misled to believe in oppressive systems and having to reevaluate her whole identity as a result.

To reduce ALL OF THAT from just 1 character, to the show saying
“the tragedy coulda been avoided if men listened to women”
is just lazy, and shows lack of range.
Obviously you're the sort of Tumblr nikka these writers were looking to reach with this drivel.

Lost in the white girl babble is the realization that practically everyone in this feudal show/world are thrust into roles that they aren't particularly fond of or ready for. Some step up, some don't that's how it always is. Feudalism in all it's iterations always sucks for everyone not on the very top

Aegon didn't want to be king, thrust into power anyway. Daemon wanted power and is realizing he really ain't built for it. Cole is in a position where he took an oath of chastity yet folded and wanted to kill himself. Jamie Lannister had to live with being forced to choose his family or his oath to the king and suffered the consequence of that choice the rest of his life etc. nikka that's life

This patriarchy bullshyt is not part of the commentary of Fire And Blood, nor is it a theme. These are all things the show runners added on their own, which is fine if it wasn't at the expense of the story. Because of this most of season 2 is filled with useless scenes of Rhaenyra and Alicent being exasperated with the men at council meetings.

Book Alicent was about her family and fell back once Aegon was in power as she wanted. Why would she be complaining, as queen regent she was literally the most privileged woman in the world at most points. The show makes her way more important than she really is which is why she spent so much of the season doing nothing after the decision to focus on her. The scene of her wandering around the forest and swimming is WOAT pointless screentime.
Even episode 7 right after juxtaposed Alicent losing faith after realizing the systems were a scam and going into the woods to reevaluate her whole identity.

Opposed to Rhaenyra gettin more religious and seeing the deaths of the dragon seed to get a dragon as part of the prophecy,
poetic intentional writing.
76d.gif

This is the target audience of GOT season 8

Last edited:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
This is weapons grade copium. like please pull the GRRM quote that states this show is the real canon of the story.
Yeah this 100%. If anything, George was lowkey warning us about this not too long ago. He dropped a blog post about how tv-showrunners adapting books all end up thinking "they know better than the source material", and how 999 out of 1000 times they end up exposing that they don't.

He also said that even though he doesn't have all the answers for the dragons, the S2 treatment of them goes against the lore. And that he advised them to start the story with Viserys father, and Viseryes/Rhaenys/Daemon as kids.

This show is absolutely not supposed to be canon events. I'm treating it like one of those retellings as well, somebody trying to ducktale the women's roles in Westerosi history:yeshrug:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was nothing to theorize about in the books really as it relates to the show. By the time any theoretical stances could be taken in the show, it was not something readers could “be slick” about because the show was well beyond the books at that point. I always thought R+L=J and nothing has been confirmed in the books to act like I was presenting proof as theory. when it came to fruition in the show, it was just that, my personal theory come true.

I also thought Bran was the Night King and that went nowhere. :yeshrug:
You’re right

What I was remembering was people who read the leaks for the last two seasons and were basing their “theories” off that and tryna be slick.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
They're trying to Mary Sue Rhaenyra and ruining plot points in the process.

Lowkey the showrunners are starting to D&D this show with their headcannon and agendas. There is a thinly veiled "Man bad, woman good! We would be in utopia if it weren't for those powerhungry warmongering men!" theme they're pushing hard and they bent over backwards to change Alicent to make her less culpable while trying to make Rhae the good guy protagonist. Most of the Black factions dirt gets put on Daemon and the Green factions dirt on Otto/Aemond/Aegon.

From what I've gathered from the books The Dance of Dragons is essentially a tragedy of everyone in house Targ crashing out. Once the Rhae's kid dies & Alicent's grandkid dies both sides become coldhearted and vengeful . Rhae becomes cruel and Alicent becomes bitter & fiercely protective of her remaining kids like a less egotistical Cersei.

However in this version Rhae shows no desire for vengeance and frames her part in this war as "trying to bring peace to the realm", she spends 1 episode mourning then immediately sneaks into Kings Landing somehow to broker peace. Every other council scene just keeps beating the drum of the men being unfair to her.

Alicent's changes are worse. She is one of the main schemers for getting Aegon on the throne in the book, now they made it all Otto's idea and Alicent was only on board due to a tragic misunderstanding :rolleyes: Now that the story was changed to make her seem pure, they had to disassociate Alicent from her children who are put in the role of antagonists to Rhae, destroying her good/fierce mother characterization. They made her cold to Aegon's depression after losing his grandchild, fearing Aemond while having no way to reign him in cause misogy. Then decision to have her fukking Cole while her grandchild is murdered. :snoop: They wrote her into a corner so bad the bytch has done nothing all season but pout about the men not listening to her.

I would not be surprised at all to learn that the showrunners are former Disney nikkas or something. They did a remarkable job at turning a interesting conflict full of grey morality into something black & white to a corny degree
I've been saying this since the start of the show. Making both factions gray was the way to go, to truly make the audience choose sides or watch the whole thing unfold. I watch the show and enjoy it week to week, but there is a lot wrong with the writing in this show. I think the casting was off too. Either that or the writers have done such a shytty job of making the minor/side characters so uninteresting that they feel like they don't belong. Baela, Rhaena, Jace and Criston Cole are all very uninteresting characters. Corlys and Otto were interesting characters in the first season but the writers have made both extremely uninteresting in the second season. Daemon, Larys, Aemond and Aegon carry this show, imo, and honestly Aegon and Aemond seem badly casted.

Daps
I've been saying this since the start of the show. Making both factions gray was the way to go, to truly make the audience choose sides or watch the whole thing unfold. I watch the show and enjoy it week to week, but there is a lot wrong with the writing in this show. I think the casting was off too. Either that or the writers have done such a shytty job of making the minor/side characters so uninteresting that they feel like they don't belong. Baela, Rhaena, Jace and Criston Cole are all very uninteresting characters. Corlys and Otto were interesting characters in the first season but the writers have made both extremely uninteresting in the second season. Daemon, Larys, Aemond and Aegon carry this show, imo, and honestly Aegon and Aemond seem badly casted.
Aemond is perfectly casted. With a chin like that, he was born to play a villain.