House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Screenshot-20240731-153825.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Indeed we are 😏

Awww shyt,
#Starkset Old nikka Gang about to come through :gladbron:

Earf, Wind and Fire
Gap Band
Parliament
Isleys
Commodores
Ohio Players
Kool and Gang
OJays
Stylistics
SOS Band
Rose Royce

It's on Aemond!!!

J Prince said:
You wanna goto war, I'll take you to war!

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
so team black got

the riverlands
starkset
7-8 dragons
the sea
the general public
the vale

team green got
...themselves.. and lannisters? Who else they have ? I cant think of any other houses in those council meetings off top of my head

Team Black can go take that shyt tomorrow :dwillhuh:
yeah, seems too convenient. wonder what happens with Rhaena when she finds that dat Wild Vale Dragon. :lupe:

with potentially Daemon coming back, Team Black got 7 dragons confirmed

Daemon
Rhaenyra
Baela
Alan
Jace
Hugh
Ulf

something ain't right here

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
shyt was fire, I've replayed it too many times now. Syrax screaming, Vermithor then starts roaring and Silverwing joins in the far back ground, I think. The audio for the Dragons has been nothing short of :banderas:

They've done a great job differentiating the dragons in this show too. With GOT we didn't get to know much about Viserion or Rhaegal (other than their colour, nothing about temperament really) , was basically just Drogon focused.
Vhagar better start doing windsprints from now until the finale, Team Black gonna run her ass thru all types of baseline screens this Sunday :wow:

Last edited:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Vhagar better start doing windsprints from now until the finale, Team Green gonna run her ass thru all types of baseline screens this Sunday :wow:
Oh yeah no doubt. Shoutout and RIP to Richard Simmons because Grandmama Vhagar could use a Sweatin' to the Oldies VHS right now :wow:

She gonna be working OT. :damn:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is this leak quality worth looking for/watching early?

Nvm I see it’s just clips. Weak ass nikkas might as well just put the episode out; this is the worst of both worlds :stopitslime:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Is this leak quality worth looking for/watching early?

Nvm I see it’s just clips. Weak ass nikkas might as well just put the episode out; this is the worst of both worlds :stopitslime:
From what I saw it was someone record their tv screen with their phone. But this was a leak from HBO so I'm sure someone got an hd rip somewhere.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
From what I saw it was someone record their tv screen with their phone. But this was a leak from HBO so I'm sure someone got an hd rip somewhere.
I know a couple of guys that have watched the leaks. They tell me that I will hate it. Probably because I know how the story is “supposed” to go…like they do…and it went off the rails. Told them I don’t want to know…. I’ll see Sunday.

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the most authentic acting I’ve seen from Emma Darcy so far in the series. The fear mixed in with delusional belief that she’s the chosen one . I feel like the writers want the audience to love her too much . Which sets the actress up for failure .

I think at the end of the day the writers need to accept that both sides are pieces of shyt . Let the audience decide who to root for . David Chase didn’t want his audience to root for Tony in fact he actively wrote him to be more monstrous as seasons went on but people still rooted for him. When you try to force the audience to sympathize with a piece of shyt it just seems unearned and forced and maybe that’s why Emma’s performance always comes off as stiff wooden and inauthentic .

The whole last act of the episode is who Rhaenyra is and always was .

They're trying to Mary Sue Rhaenyra and ruining plot points in the process.

Lowkey the showrunners are starting to D&D this show with their headcannon and agendas. There is a thinly veiled "Man bad, woman good! We would be in utopia if it weren't for those powerhungry warmongering men!" theme they're pushing hard and they bent over backwards to change Alicent to make her less culpable while trying to make Rhae the good guy protagonist. Most of the Black factions dirt gets put on Daemon and the Green factions dirt on Otto/Aemond/Aegon.

From what I've gathered from the books The Dance of Dragons is essentially a tragedy of everyone in house Targ crashing out. Once the Rhae's kid dies & Alicent's grandkid dies both sides become coldhearted and vengeful . Rhae becomes cruel and Alicent becomes bitter & fiercely protective of her remaining kids like a less egotistical Cersei.

However in this version Rhae shows no desire for vengeance and frames her part in this war as "trying to bring peace to the realm", she spends 1 episode mourning then immediately sneaks into Kings Landing somehow to broker peace. Every other council scene just keeps beating the drum of the men being unfair to her.

Alicent's changes are worse. She is one of the main schemers for getting Aegon on the throne in the book, now they made it all Otto's idea and Alicent was only on board due to a tragic misunderstanding :rolleyes: Now that the story was changed to make her seem pure, they had to disassociate Alicent from her children who are put in the role of antagonists to Rhae, destroying her good/fierce mother characterization. They made her cold to Aegon's depression after losing his grandchild, fearing Aemond while having no way to reign him in cause misogy. Then decision to have her fukking Cole while her grandchild is murdered. :snoop: They wrote her into a corner so bad the bytch has done nothing all season but pout about the men not listening to her.

I would not be surprised at all to learn that the showrunners are former Disney nikkas or something. They did a remarkable job at turning a interesting conflict full of grey morality into something black & white to a corny degree