House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kinda feel bad for Aemond and Vhagar

I know he’s desperate as hell right now. Him now leaning on Helaena and Dreamfyre had to literally be his last option…he never once brought her crazy ass up all season :russ:

He stressin right now. And Vhagar be looking tired as hell every time they show her.

Helaena is scared to leave the castle. Aemond's crazy if he think she's ready to take the battlefield :mjlol:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Alicent's changes are worse. She is one of the main schemers for getting Aegon on the throne in the book, now they made it all Otto's idea and Alicent was only on board due to a tragic misunderstanding :rolleyes: Now that the story was changed to make her seem pure, they had to disassociate Alicent from her children who are put in the role of antagonists to Rhae, destroying her good/fierce mother characterization. They made her cold to Aegon's depression after losing his grandchild, fearing Aemond while having no way to reign him in cause misogy. Then decision to have her fukking Cole while her grandchild is murdered. :snoop: They wrote her into a corner so bad the bytch has done nothing all season but pout about the men not listening to her.
less culpable?

They all but said she got what she wished for.

Aegon told her he didn’t want it and she forced it on him. Never prepared him for rule and now look at things.

She pushed Rhaenyra out solely on the fact she didn’t behave like a lady should and now she thinks she should be allowed to rule? Aemond gave her the:stopitslime:

Viserys wanted her to rule for the same reason he wanted Rhaenyra to rule. To maintain peace but her goofy behind was too blinded to realize it now she’s looking at the council from the outside

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
actually nvm, if you want to whine about book differences take that shyt to another thread. This the no spoilers thread. idgaf about the characterizations of the the ppl in the book compared to the show.
ibXqRaS.gif

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*sassy babble*
I listened to it on audiobook on a road trip years ago. NGL it was boring

Very sassy post to write all this and never actually make a point.
less culpable?

They all but said she got what she wished for.

Aegon told her he didn’t want it and she forced it on him. Never prepared him for rule and now look at things.

She pushed Rhaenyra out solely on the fact she didn’t behave like a lady should and now she thinks she should be allowed to rule? Aemond gave her the:stopitslime:

Viserys wanted her to rule for the same reason he wanted Rhaenyra to rule. To maintain peace but her goofy behind was too blinded to realize it now she’s looking at the council from the outside
Yes less culpable, in the book the she was much more involved in Aegon taking the throne. Her appeal to get pasts Aegon's protests is pretty much "You either take this throne or they'll kill you".

Lamenting over not ruling wasn't a thing in the books because she was onboard. And it's consistent with her character that has dutifully done everything asked of her. Which made her dislike for Rhaenyra make sense as she watched Rhae pretty much doing whatever she wanted.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Nothing sassy about my post. My point was it sounds like you didnt actually read it, like you were unsure of shyt.
Either way check out the edit. Stop bytching and going into details about book differences in the thread.
ibXqRaS.gif

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing sassy about my post. My point was it sounds like you didnt actually read it, like you were unsure of shyt.
Either way check out the edit. Stop bytching and going into details about book differences in the thread.
ibXqRaS.gif
If you had a point to make you would have straight up called inaccuracies out instead of p*ssyfooting with some passage aggressive "did you read it" shyt.
fukk you and your edit

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
If you had a point to make you would have straight up called inaccuracies out instead of p*ssyfooting with some passage aggressive "did you read it" shyt.
fukk you and your edit
Eat a dikk nikka. I didnt go into detail because I didnt want to spoil shyt for other ppl unlike ur trash ass.
4oS09Wv.gif

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yes less culpable, in the book the she was much more involved in Aegon taking the throne. Her appeal to get pasts Aegon's protests is pretty much "You either take this throne or they'll kill you".

Lamenting over not ruling wasn't a thing in the books because she was onboard. And it's consistent with her character that has dutifully done everything asked of her. Which made her dislike for Rhaenyra make sense as she watched Rhae pretty much doing whatever she wanted.
she’s not simply lamenting over not ruling though.

She thought she had control over Aegon. She literally out raced Otto to get to Aegon first to steer his leadership.

Her realizing how little control she had builds on what you said. She was onboard but echoing Dameon’s arc at Harrenhall, without the visions, she sees how heavy the crown truly is in a time of war vs peace under Viserys.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eat a dikk nikka. I didnt go into detail because I didnt want to spoil shyt for other ppl unlike ur trash ass.
Except I didn't mention any events the show hasn't covered yet. :umad: Now you trying invoke the mods on some "he's spoiling!"

To get your panties in a bunch to this degree over someone's opinion on a show you not collecting checks for is crazy. Touch grass

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I dunno, I never read the book but based on the description you just gave I kinda like the TV version more. I don’t wanna see another Cersei, i feel like the Greens already have enough “villain” characters over there

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she’s not simply lamenting over not ruling though.

She thought she had control over Aegon. She literally out raced Otto to get to Aegon first to steer his leadership.

Her realizing how little control she had builds on what you said. She was onboard but echoing Dameon’s arc at Harrenhall, without the visions, she sees how heavy the crown truly is in a time of war vs peace under Viserys.
"Lamenting over not ruling" was a poor choice of words on my part, more like lamenting being a woman/lack of influence over men. My point is they cleaned the dirtier parts of Alicent & Rhae's characters to make them seem more thoughtful and wise. As if this whole tragedy would have been avoided if someone just listened to the wimmins. Which is unlike their book counterparts who were as vengeful & bloodthirsty as any of the men

To the bolded, why would her instructions be so at odds with Otto's that she would need to try & get Aegon's ear over him? She has gone along with everything Otto has ever asked of her and trusts her father's direction. Tbh though, this is not how I remember it happening on the show anyway. Everyone wanted Aegon to listen to Otto, Otto had told Alicent to get in his ear after Aegon was already starting to spiral & removed Otto as Hand.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno, I never read the book but based on the description you just gave I kinda like the TV version more. I don’t wanna see another Cersei, i feel like the Greens already have enough “villain” characters over there
All she and Cersei have in common is that they're fierce mothers who will ride for their family. That is the same as Rhaenyra if they didn't warp her character to make people sympathize with her being driven by "restoring peace" instead of vengeance like in the book.

The impression you get of the Greens being villains (and conversely the Black's having the Hero side) is precisely what's wrong here imo. The whole conflict should be grey. Everybody involved is an a$$hole that caused thousands of small folk deaths as collateral damage for their family feud.

The show only feels comfortable with making Daemon, Aemond and Aegon own that though.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
actually nvm, if you want to whine about book differences take that shyt to another thread. This the no spoilers thread. idgaf about the characterizations of the the ppl in the book compared to the show.
ibXqRaS.gif
They in here talking LOOSE :picard:

images

"those...are...SPOILERS!" big breh with the 9ers icon is about to catch a few bodies when he pulls up :russ:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
"Lamenting over not ruling" was a poor choice of words on my part, more like lamenting being a woman/lack of influence over men. My point is they cleaned the dirtier parts of Alicent & Rhae's characters to make them seem more thoughtful and wise. As if this whole tragedy would have been avoided if someone just listened to the wimmins. Which is unlike their book counterparts who were as vengeful & bloodthirsty as any of the men

To the bolded, why would her instructions be so at odds with Otto's that she would need to try & get Aegon's ear over him? She has gone along with everything Otto has ever asked of her and trusts her father's direction. Tbh though, this is not how I remember it happening on the show anyway. Everyone wanted Aegon to listen to Otto, Otto had told Alicent to get in his ear after Aegon was already starting to spiral & removed Otto as Hand.
You have a very biased superficial manosphere like perspective on this.

The stories in the book are recounts of stories and supposed to have inaccuracies compared to the show. As the show is supposed to show differences between what was written and what “actually happened” that those that wrote it either didn’t know or wrote because of various reasons.

Like Rhaenyra meeting Alicent in the crypt not being known,
so it wasn’t written as a recount.

Patriarchy is a real thing, a confident Black man can acknowledge that and see its flaws without resorting to feeling personally attacked and reducing Patriarchy’s issues to “just listen to women”

It’s very much like racist white ppl reducing valid critiques by us Black ppl to “woke agendas” lazy.

We clearly see that Alicent was a victim of Patriarchy through Otto as a little girl, being molded to be a judgemental sexually repressed woman in a highly religious family.

Only to do the same sexual behavior she condemned Rhaenyra for, like countless Pastor’s daughters.

We see her enforcing and weaponizing Patriarchy towards Rhaenyra, only to lose all her power to it and realize she was misled to believe in oppressive systems and having to reevaluate her whole identity as a result.

To reduce ALL OF THAT from just 1 character, to the show saying
“the tragedy coulda been avoided if men listened to women”
is just lazy, and shows lack of range.

Last edited: