House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
So all yall "this shyt trash filler" brehs aint complaining about this episode? :childplease:
Looks like some of yall just wanted dragons on screen cuz story wise didnt much happen this episode(especially compared to the last 2) other than Rhae getting 2 more dragons and Daemon putting a stamp on the tully/blackwood/bracken shyt. Hell I wouldnt even say the latter was that much progress since we knew the tully boy would side with Rhae/Daemon when his grandpa died.

Why yall aint keeping that same energy about this being filler
4uoOED6.png

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Perception is reality tho. The facts don’t really matter if everyone and their momma is talking behind your back (and sometimes to your face).
I don't disagree...and Jace doesn't disagree either, he's aware of it. But there's a gap between his upbringing and sons and grandsons from hoes and sailors coming out the woodwork claiming dragons.

His legitimacy is already seen as a farce.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I pains me to say this, but I think this is the weakest season ever of GOT/HOTD. Say what you will about the final season of GOT, it was still compelling television. This season was just compelling to me. We have two back to back episodes where nothing really happened. I think they could have wrapped up this story in Two seasons.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
…thats not what that scene was about
That scene was very unclear honestly...

The fact that Rhae and Hugh were waiting for Aemond by the coast suggests it COULD have been a planned trap.

But we have also seen where everybody hops on their dragons when an unknown rider pops up. It could have been that Ulf took silverwing on his first ride and Rhaenyra and Hugh mounted up to deal with it and then realized what was going on when they saw Aemond chasing him. Honestly it didnt even look like he was steering the dragon, looks like it might have instinctively just went to KL since thats where its last riders were. And he was just basically along for the ride.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I think it was to show Aemond they have more dragons in hope this nudges team green to surrender. If it was meant to be a true trap they wouldve hid. There are big ass hills on that island. Rhae is even that close to her dragon. So if Aemond went ham he coudlve easily took her out. I doubt Rhae would be reckless enough to put the 3 dudes she just got into battle with no training.

Her whole thing for doing the b*stards trial was going "they have to surrender if we have more riders".

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
…thats not what that scene was about

we dont know what that scene was yet tbh

i thought he was straight up betraying rhaenyra and delivering his dragon in a mirror of what happened with the breh at the start. I was fukking excited as fukk for that level of scheming.

Then it looked like an out of control joy ride

then towards the end it might have been bait but maybe not

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
:what: he literally risked his life flying over kings landing to bait aemond

If thats not loyalty to rhaenya then i dont know what is
Loyalty? At best, that's complying with an order given by the people who just elevated your mangy ass out of obscurity and can just as easily take it away. That's like saying someone that's forcibly drafted shows loyalty by fighting, no, they're doing what they have to. Like I said, Ulf is a liar who basically got ran out of KL by his own squad.

High the blacksmith is an example of actual courage and trustworthy traits. His motivations are made crystal clear throughout, he left to get revenge voluntarily, even against his wife's wishes and then volunteered his life to save someone else and was chosen.

If you can't tell the difference, I don't know what to tell you. :yeshrug:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
we dont know what that scene was yet tbh

i thought he was straight up betraying rhaenyra and delivering his dragon in a mirror of what happened with the breh at the start. I was fukking excited as fukk for that level of scheming.

Then it looked like an out of control joy ride

then towards the end it might have been bait but maybe not
The more I think about it, it definitely wasn't a trap

Rhaenyra asked Addam if he could even make it back to Dragonstone with Seasmoke. So clearly new riders have basically no control over dragons initially.

I doubt she would think its smart to risk her new dragons in a fight against the biggest dragon in the world and the riders cant even control them yet. That would have been beyond stupid, Vhagar probably washes them. I think they were just standing on the coast trying to figure out wtf was going on.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I pains me to say this, but I think this is the weakest season ever of GOT/HOTD. Say what you will about the final season of GOT, it was still compelling television. This season was just compelling to me. We have two back to back episodes where nothing really happened. I think they could have wrapped up this story in Two seasons.
Probabbly right. Its funny this and the boys, arguablly the most popular shows rn. Both kind of had filler... lets not call them filler, more like "set up seasons".
Idk if the strike was to blame or what. They need to put more effort into season 3 because views will drop and their "Got universe" will go to shyt

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
That scene was very unclear honestly...

The fact that Rhae and Hugh were waiting for Aemond by the coast suggests it COULD have been a planned trap.

But we have also seen where everybody hops on their dragons when an unknown rider pops up. It could have been that Ulf took silverwing on his first ride and Rhaenyra and Hugh mounted up to deal with it and then realized what was going on when they saw Aemond chasing him. Honestly it didnt even look like he was steering the dragon, looks like it might have instinctively just went to KL since thats where its last riders were. And he was just basically along for the ride.
:gucci: how did ulf get out of the dragon pit to even do all that? With off screen assistance obviously

You think silverwing just has a rider carriage tied to her 24/7 with no previous rider? They had to add that on her for ulf to even ride in first place

Yall on bullshyt in here today

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
:gucci: how did ulf get out of the dragon pit to even do all that? With off screen assistance obviously

You think silverwing just has a rider carriage tied to her 24/7 with no previous rider? They had to add that on her for ulf to even ride in first place

Yall on bullshyt in here today
The dragon pit is basically a cave. You don’t need assistance. They literally said last week that after the failed attempt to claim Seasmoke the dragon just randomly left the dragon pit.

And Silverwing has a previous rider. She and Vermithor are not the “wild” dragons that have never been claimed.