House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What do you mean cooking up terrible plans? Getting new riders for the Dragons was not a terrible plan.
She got what she wanted in the end but the way she handled that situation was a disaster. She made a call for b*stards and then just threw them into the fire (literally). Why not have them approach the dragon one by one instead of having her guards keep them all locked in the dragon pit together? It’s just sloppy and that should backfire on her if word spreads among the smallfolk.

Not to mention her scooby doo excursion into King’s Landing dressed as a nun was comical. The convo with her and Alicent was great but that doesn’t make up for the absurdity of that plan either.

Meanwhile she’s getting irritated at Jace and complaining when he’s the one who locked in the North, the Vale, and the Freys.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Another thing with the "Jace is a b*stard too" argument...

He's only a b*stard due to adultery...his blood father is still a nobleman.
Perception is reality tho. The facts don’t really matter if everyone and their momma is talking behind your back (and sometimes to your face).

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
what if team black kills team green dragonriders...can te black then claim their dragons? :lupe:

#Teamnodragoncasualties
If the dragons allow it, yes. Technically, dragons can only be claimed if their rider is dead. Which leaves a lot of people confused about whether Laenor died off screen or not. (Seasmoke was his dragon)

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best episode of the season. Maybe even the whole show
She’s turned into such a terrible leader; just complaining nonstop and cooking up ridiculous plans. I can’t tell if it’s intentional or not but she is really unlikable for me this season, while Alicent is much more interesting.
It's the opposite for me. I came into this season Team Green. I liked how Alicent was dutiful and graceful. Shawty did what she had to do, even when her father pressed her to marry a old ass king and sire kids from him even though he was practically a corpse. She served as a good Queen Regent all the while watching Rhae do whatever tf wanted all their lives.

Rhae (pre time skip) on the other hand was just entitled and annoying. She treated being named heir like being promised a pony. They showed very little of her preparing to rule, learning wisdom or some greater ambition to wield her power for like Dany had with breaking the wheel. They just showed her stamping her feet and pouting in between fukkery. She spent part 1 focusing on her hot girl summers and playing in the faces of the entire realm forcing them to accept that farce with her b*stard kids. Then to top it off with marrying her uncle. :hhh: She was wholly unserious.

This season however they seemed to commit to giving her good guy protagonist energy instead of both sides being grey. Framing her fight for the claim as a fight for peace and exemplifying her struggles as a woman in her position and her overcoming it.

Meanwhile Alicent now has been made unimportant by both her sons. Shown carelessly fukking around with Cole while her grandchild is getting murdered. She's now just drifting around watching shyt falling apart

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
So stop watching.
Y'all gon stop this shiit, I told y'all last week about the other MF. He lost his remote and they hacked his TV so it's stuck on MAX

He has no choice!:damn:
No. Dude doesn't seem trustworthy to me either :hubie:
Big facts, dude is squirrely AF and was more than happy to sit back and tell what he thought were lies for decades to his friends and acquaintances for clout. Shiit the only reason he even went is because of peer pressure and then fled and literally stumbled into claiming a dragon. NOTHING about this guy screams trustworthy and if there's a weak link with the newbies, it's him.

Some people are justly called out for these Negrodamus ass predictions, this ain't one of them because anyone can see this guy is a possible snake.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
EDIT: Quoted the wrong post

This show falls short in the character development department, and this is a great example. The Riverlands element hasn't really hit for me because they only mention their importance, but we don't care about any of the houses or characters because we don't know them like that.

They should have used an episode to build up that storyline. We've only seen a few scenes and mostly everything else has been off camera.

What Daemon ended up doing to dude was messed up, but the weight of it felt lite compared to other pivotal decision points made throughout the Game of Thrones arc.

Last edited:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree the actress that plays Rhaenyra is not good. The character is compelling though. On episodes where there isn’t much plot movement we don’t have a Charles Dance or Peter Dinklage to carry.

I feel like she was compelling last season, but this season not so much.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
She got what she wanted in the end but the way she handled that situation was a disaster. She made a call for b*stards and then just threw them into the fire (literally). Why not have them approach the dragon one by one instead of having her guards keep them all locked in the dragon pit together? It’s just sloppy and that should backfire on her if word spreads among the smallfolk.

Not to mention her scooby doo excursion into King’s Landing dressed as a nun was comical. The convo with her and Alicent was great but that doesn’t make up for the absurdity of that plan either.

Meanwhile she’s getting irritated at Jace and complaining when he’s the one who locked in the North, the Vale, and the Freys.
She did let them know about the claiming the dragon situation was life and death. it should not be easy to get such an elevation to be a Dragon rider.
The conversation with Alicent was extremely important even though the way she did it wasnt the best but her reasoning for it was 100% sound imo.

And she only had an issue with Jace for 2 things. About sending Jace to fight which she was never going to do after losing Lucerys and the Army of the b*stards which she again had no choice but to do. Jace only disagreed because he thought it would put his own position in jeopardy.

She's not faultless but she's doing what his necesssary to stay up imo. it was never going to be smooth or easy to navigate these times.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Still cant believe how they did my guy :snoop:

Didn’t get to see him fight not one time :why:

See, if I didn't come in here I wouldn't have even realized this kid is the same dude that Daemon betrayed and killed.

They could have easily refreshed the audiences memories on this with a quick scene or even in a previously on House of the Dragon segment before an episode

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
It implies that all them Velaryon nikkas got wiped out. You don’t even hear that house name in GoT.
No it doesnt. apparently in the book Velaryons werent black. Cacs were mad they made them black when this show was first announced.
Plus Velaryons wouldnt be the only Black ppl. You think all them ppl on driftmark are velaryions? They can legit make anyyone black since it's a fantasy book.
Stop trying to make excuses for GoT Casting director/ D&D :ufdup: