House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
the last guy who was riding his dragon above KL is gonna join the greens isnt he?
Nah, he was bait/trolling for Aemond to come outside. Aemond saw them dragons and dipped on some....

giphy.gif

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
@ciubaca

I just realized I responded to you twice. You need to just watch the explainers at the end of each episode, damn breh

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Eh, he didn’t forget. He feels like the only thing that made him different from any other b*stard was that he had a dragon. And now he’s literally no different from Ulf and Hugh.
Jacaerys is being an insecure spoiled brat.

He knows he’s a b*stard and forged his whole identity and confidence around being royalty and having a dragon in a classist and patriarchal system that’s designed to benefit him.

“Low Borns” getting dragons confronts him with being a victim at the intersection of Patriarchy and Classism, as a b*stard in a royal family.

That intersection is making Jacaerys think he now doesn’t have much else to offer, so he’s lashing out and blaming Rhaenyra.

Because he doesn’t understand the systems and circumstances she was put in that even created him in the first place.
(The deal Laenor and Rhaenyra had to make so she could be with Harwin Strong, and Laenor could live his life as a gay man)

He doesn’t understand she is a victim and doesn’t recognize her teachings as highly valuable, because they are non-physical.
(She doesn’t understand it deeply yet either, I’ll get to that)

Jacaerys was never forced to interrogate and navigate those systems.
As he was born a man of the ruling class with privileges.
A b*stard, but of status and protected by King Viserys nonetheless.

Rhaenyra is doing that navigation work now, as she too is a victim of Patriarchy and only saw physical strength as a threat at first.

She didn’t see the true value in Viserys’ teachings at first bc of internalized Patriarchy, as they were non-physical skills.

So she didn’t see the true value of Mysaria and her skills at first either,
as she didn’t view the mind as a serious threat.

Mysaria: You have me..
Rhaenyra: You have my thanks…. Truly..🙄😒

Meanwhile, Mysaria’s mind is the sole reason Rhaenyra gained
NOT ONE, but TWO dragons this episode.
That’s ON TOP of harm done at King’s Landing from within :wow:

This is why Viserys was a good King and a good father,
as he prepared Rhaenyra early on.

Having her attend council meetings with big dogs as a little girl,
to train her in other ways that would set her apart.

Viserys never did this for Aegon or anyone else,
as he realized he lost his wife bc of his pursuit to enforce Patriarchy when he chose to save the baby, instead of the wife he loved.

He only saw Rhaenyra as his true heir after that
and never steered away from preparing her for The Throne.

(Aegon tried to emulate Viserys by having Jaehaerys at council meetings too, that’s why he was so devastated by his death)

Rhaenyra needs to channel the wisdom while at war.
which Viserys never had to do, as he was able to maintain peace,
but couldn’t overthrow the system of Patriarchy.

Which is why when Viserys died, chaos and power grabs followed.

Alicent weaponizing Patriarchy on Rhaenyra to get Aegon on the throne, only to lose all her power to men by the same system she enforced as a woman was brilliant and poetic writing.

She realized that at the table and had a panick attack (02:45)

The reason why Alicant went into the woods is because she needs to reevaluate her whole identity and everything she learned as a little girl under the system of patriarchy in a Royal family,
as she realized she was a victim that was misled. (by Otto)

Viserys molded Rhaenyra with the deep wisdom he acquired as a historian, the wisdom she is molding Jacaerys with.

Jacaerys needs to do the work to unpack and navigate Patriarchy and Classism as a royal, to understand how to set himself apart with qualities that will gain him respect and make him irreplaceable.

He does have the qualities, that’s what the end scene of Ep6 was about

King Viserys passed his wisdom down to Rhaenyra,
who passed it down to Jacaerys.

They just need to access it,
while navigating these systems in real-time.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
#LWO
The dragons are cool and all but these characters are unlikable as fukk. This show is teetering on bad in my opinion. I’m hate watching this shyt at this point.
I agree the actress that plays Rhaenyra is not good. The character is compelling though. On episodes where there isn’t much plot movement we don’t have a Charles Dance or Peter Dinklage to carry.