House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
So just to be clear, Valaryians and Targs can both ride dragons, right? So it doesn't matter if you have Targ blood?
From a pod I was listening to, There were like 40 dragonrider families in High Valariya. Targs were the lowest of them(as in they werent shyt and seen as bottom of the barrel). So maybe Corlys has some other blood in him from the other riders that he didnt know about.
When the doom or w/e happened. Targs were like the only family/dragon riders that escaped.
There are supposed to be three living Valaryian families: The Targaryens, The Celtigars and the Valaryians.
The Targaryens have told us that they are the only living bloodline that can ride dragons.
This could be just targ propaganda to stop other ppl from trying to ride dragons to consolidate power.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That lesbian scene makes absolutely no sense and wasn't needed. Season has been a waste except episode 4.
I'm honestly tired of this type of shyt and they literally did it because the actress is gay. I feel the first shorty did a better job in the role as well. I don't understand why Hollywood feels like 2 women can't be close without being gay.

Daps
That knight trying to claim Seasmoke was basically a Star Trek extra :pachaha:

d32df3b0fc1d1224443f989791d913b4.jpg

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I'm honestly tired of this type of shyt and they literally did it because the actress is gay. I feel the first shorty did a better job in the role as well. I don't understand why Hollywood feels like 2 women can't be close without being gay.
No, rhae and alicent's relationship had gay undertones in s1 :yeshrug:
Also bookreaders said Rhae was bi in there too so has nothing to do with the actress.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
No, rhae and alicent's relationship had gay undertones in s1 :yeshrug:
Also bookreaders said Rhae was bi in there too so has nothing to do with the actress.

In the book it is insinuated her and Laena Velaryon were lovers but never overtly confirmed. As a reader I didn't have an issue with the idea of the scene, I just thought it was bad given how weak much of the rest of the episode was. She's doing next to nothing on Dragonstone except reading scrolls and kissing her spymaster? Ehh...

KamikazePilot

Superstar
Daps
Yes. Someone touched on this last week with a theory that specifying dragon riding to Targaryens was possible/probable royal propaganda.
Targaryens are Valyrians from old Valyria they have Valyrian blood the targs were a Minor House in old Valyria. Any Person with a decent chunk of Valyrian Blood should (Theoretically) Be able to ride a dragon.

It’s the Valyrian Blood that allows Targs to be dragon riders not them being Targaryen themselves.