House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Leaving meant the abandonment of sworn supporters and bannermen in the castle. She was too honorable to subject the entire castle to ruin by fleeing, honor compelled her to fight on.

One thing I like about this show compared to GoT is there's more focus on the ideologies and customs. There have been multiple scenes with knights discussing honor and what it demands. And while Rhaenys obviously wasn't a knight, she was raised as a princess/lady and understood treating bannermen like her children. She was never gonna run away, it would devastate Rhaenyra's cause.
The edible was going crazy for most of the episode so I must've missed the part where they said it was her subjects. I thought they were some nobody small castle.

And I thought she was jealous at her husband for fukking that dark negro who saved him. :mjlol:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Stannis at Blackwater
Jon Snow at Hardhome
Danny, Jon Snow beyond the wall
Daemon vs Mr.Crabs
Etc.
Those were massacres or battles that were lost.

Meleys actually took Vhagar to the ground in the tussle so even if she wasn’t favored she stood a chance for round 2. And the defense of the castle was still holding up. It didn’t fall until Meleys fell (literally on top of the castle lol)

She got taken out from a stealth attack too, so we’ll never know how that round 2 would have played out.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Can't respect it but that's just me
full

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Those were massacres or battles that were lost.

Meleys actually took Vhagar to the ground in the tussle so even if she wasn’t favored she stood a chance for round 2. And the defense of the castle was still holding up. It didn’t fall until Meleys fell (literally on top of the castle lol)

She got taken out from a stealth attack too, so we’ll never know how that round 2 would have played out.
We saw how it played out :heh:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I missed out on the OG Thrones threads at the time but I see what you mean. I’m sitting here confused why people think Rhaenys committed suicide or didn’t flee when she had an opening.

Do brehs think you can just dip out of a battle and maintain your honor? Even if it was a losing battle, no honorable warrior would just… leave. That would go against her entire character arc. How would she explain that after volunteering for this mission?

Not only that, her dragon was clearly holding her own with Vhagar until the end.
:mjpls:"Run? I didn't. After I kilt the king, I dropped his brother. The last I saw, them nikkas was running".

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Are you retarded for real? There's always a preview and producer/cast talk at the end of episodes ..... On Max. nikka do you just close the app after credit rolls?
No bytch i wait for the recap / previous episodes to pop up. It hasnt shown a preview that ive seen as an option. I used to see the previews for Game of Thrones, but it hasnt been the same for House of Dragons. Ill look more after next episode. I just looked at the preview for next week on youtube this time.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
my boy crying spoiler over a preview that plays immediately after the episode and gets uploaded on every platform :russ:

lebron-james-laughing.gif
I watched the preview.. said nothing about him being crippled in it. The only scene hes even in, is Alicent asking if hes alive. Which I guess implies he may be alive. Yall got it though.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was a great episode of TV.

I’m riding with Rhaenyra but mannnn felt bad for Aegon. He’s trying his best to rule and keeps getting shytted on and then has his own brother first not have his back and then try to kill him. Brutal.

People asking why Rhaena circled back…she took vhagar down the first go round. She prob felt like she saw what Aemond had and was confident she could take him. If she takes him down again, and this time for good, the wars over.