House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
How do you yall know Aegon crippled and not dead ? I don’t understand how yall can conclude that based on the episode . Is it mentioned in the after the episode recap ?
I think it was strongly hinted he wasn't dead when Aemond sheathed his sword when he heard and saw Cole.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
We are talking about the show not the books. In the show they made her fireproof and eluded to it many times. She even said out loud that her brother wasn't blood of the dragon because he burned.

Ya'll can't jump back and forth when it suits you. They have different storylines.

I haven't seen the showrunners explicitly say that, but I could be wrong. You're right she isn't fire proof in the books. I also haven't seen the showrunners say "blood of the dragon" has a different meaning in the show than the books. My impression in both is that it simply means they trace their bloodline to Old Valyria.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
That's NOT true in the TV show. Remember how Dany was in that SCOLDING HOT bath in episode 1. They made a big deal of that in the show, as they wanted to lay the bread crumbs about her, being immune to fire.

I do remember George saying that was a TV show thing, and not true in his books, tho.
Exactly.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
We are talking about the show not the books. In the show they made her fireproof and eluded to it many times. She even said out loud that her brother wasn't blood of the dragon because he burned.

Ya'll can't jump back and forth when it suits you. They have different storylines.
This is why I don't argue TV with people...you got book readers and TV readers.

TV Adaptions always add new shyt that ain't in the books and you gotta set them books aside. I'm glad I.forgot what happened in Fire & Blood. I can enjoy the show outside the episode Son for a Son

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I haven't seen the showrunners explicitly say that, but I could be wrong. You're right she isn't fire proof in the books. I also haven't seen the showrunners say "blood of the dragon" has a different meaning in the show than the books. My impression in both is that it simply means they trace their bloodline to Old Valyria.
The show writers didn't need to say it. Daeny said it specifically.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
This is why I don't argue TV with people...you got book readers and TV readers.

TV Adaptions always add new shyt that ain't in the books and you gotta set them books aside. I'm glad I.forgot what happened in Fire & Blood. I can enjoy the show outside the episode Son for a Son
Yeah I enjoy both and watch a lot of breakdowns of the books. I follow 3 channels that go in detail about. I'm a dork.