House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tyrion is low-key a GOAT level Hand and Strategist. Tywin's biggest mistake is not realizing that Tyrion is the only one of his kids that coulda filled his boots.

And Balerion, The Black Dread was even bigger.

Tyrion was not a wartime consigliere. Dany should have listened to lady Olenna.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Dany was special for some reason.

All of the other Targaryens can be burned. We saw Viserys die from molten gold and Jon burned his hand in season 1 of Game of Thrones.
Noooooo if you are Blood of the Dragon you can not be burnt. There are plenty Targaryen's that aren't BotD but not all of them. I would say it's 50/50. That's why they inbred to keep it from dying out.

It we are going by the show, Daeny wasn't even the Princess Who was Promised. That was Arya.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
The loss of a dragon and a old lady vs. crippled of a dragon and the king being crippled.

That's kind of a push, breh.
Rhaenys and Maelys were the black's best dragon and rider.

Daemond unreliable ass can't even be considered.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great episode. You can really see how confident the writers are, they don't really give a shyt about spicing up dialogue scenes. Obviously the ending was a massive scale battle with action but most of that episode was largely more of what we've seen: long deliberations, heavy dialogue scenes (often between two people), and politicking. My only complaint is the impression of the queen dithering/doing nothing. The show has created so much new shyt for the greens yet seems to have trouble finding things for Rhaenyra to do.

I thought the battle was dope. So far I just like how the show's battles feel more medieval than the latter GoT ones which felt very hero based. The scene with the arrows hitting the siege forces, before the dragons arrived, just felt like a proper battle display.

I'm confused by this statement. I would say the dialogue is WAYYYY STRONGER in the OG GAME OF THRONES. Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, Ned, Tywin, etc had legendary dialogue or monologues.

We get none of that in this series. So, why would you think the writers are confident? I'm seriously asking. I'm curious about your POV. I think writers are confident when they can have a scene between two characters, sharply sniping each other like Varys and Littlefinger, did in season 1. I've seen none of that in House of Dragons.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Targaryens are not immune to fire, they simply have more tolerance for it. Dany being unburnt was a magical event that required blood sacrifice.

That's NOT true in the TV show. Remember how Dany was in that SCOLDING HOT bath in episode 1. They made a big deal of that in the show, as they wanted to lay the bread crumbs about her, being immune to fire.

I do remember George saying that was a TV show thing, and not true in his books, tho.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm confused by this statement. I would say the dialogue is WAYYYY STRONGER in the OG GAME OF THRONES. Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, Ned, Tywin, etc had legendary dialogue or monologues.

We get none of that in this series. So, why would you think the writers are confident? I'm seriously asking. I'm curious about your POV. I think writers are confident when they can have a scene between two characters, sharply sniping each other like Varys and Littlefinger, did in season 1. I've seen none of that in House of Dragons.
By confident I think he means the writers are confident to have long scenes of dialogue with no dikk jokes or other theatrics and still maintain audience engagement. D&D made it known that they felt the pressure to write not just for the political intrigue audience, but soccer moms and frat boys too.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
That's NOT true in the TV show. Remember how Dany was in that SCOLDING HOT bath in episode 1. They made a big deal of that in the show, as they wanted to lay the bread crumbs about her, being immune to fire.

I do remember George saying that was a TV show thing, and not true in his books, tho.
Jon burned his hand.

Viserys died by being burned.

In the tv show.

Targaryens can be burned. Only Dany was fireproof.