House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I'm confused by this statement. I would say the dialogue is WAYYYY STRONGER in the OG GAME OF THRONES. Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, Ned, Tywin, etc had legendary dialogue or monologues.

We get none of that in this series. So, why would you think the writers are confident? I'm seriously asking. I'm curious about your POV. I think writers are confident when they can have a scene between two characters, sharply sniping each other like Varys and Littlefinger, did in season 1. I've seen none of that in House of Dragons.
Yeah I wish the dialogue was as strong as the OG thrones …I will say it has been better this season.

Next episode would be a perfect time for a dialogue heavy scheming and plotting episode…if it is that would show me that they are confident..because that’s what prime thrones would do ,… if it’s another speed run + heavy action episode that would be a red flag to me that they are trying to rely on violence to sell the show ..that’s not what made thrones,thrones

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
92aoterwxzad1.jpeg
Dats My bytch

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Fuck it, i’m not mad at Aegon. All episode long we’ve seen how he’s ignored by his small council and called incompetent by his mother.

I have more respect for him going out and fighting for his claim in person rather than sulking around. And his downfall (don’t axe me how) was due to betrayal.

EastByrd

Pro
Daps
Excellent episode, Alan Taylor did his thing again (he wrote GOT 1x09 where Ned gets deleted). Daemon Harrenhal visions are coming like some medieval LSD trip. :dead: great seeing Laena beautiful self again

Jace publicly talking back to his mama was crazy. That Black Council respect Corlys more than Rhaenyra even, prob because they're all Crownlanders and and the Velaryons are the top dawgs of the Crownland houses.

Aegon not knowing High Valyrian made a lot of sense, I'm certain pulling up to the battle drunk was a reason why Sunfyre got clapped so fast

Daemon telling Rhaenys they could have taken Aemond and Vhagar together 2x1 rings true after this ep. Meleys got Sunfyre out of there quick, I imagine Caraxes and Meleys would've bodied Vhagar together. RIP to the queen who never was :wow: Team Black are fukked.

Rhaenyra won't allow Jace to go anywhere near the Greens, realistically all she got now is Syrax (hasn't seen battle or flown in a minute) and Baela's Moondancer as well as Daemon and Caraxes.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Targaryens are not immune to fire, they simply have more tolerance for it. Dany being unburnt was a magical event that required blood sacrifice.
The blood magic helped the dragons but she was already immune to fire.

That's why she would talk those damn near boiling baths in the first season. That's a characteristic of someone who is Blood of the Dragon. The same reason Aemond didn't get burned when Maelys was flaming his ass up. He's BofD too.

Not everyone who is Targaryen is BotD. That's why they inbreed because it is hard to maintain.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Fuck it, i’m not mad at Aegon. All episode long we’ve seen how he’s ignored by his small council and called incompetent by his mother.

I have more respect for him going out and fighting for his claim in person rather than sulking around. And his downfall (don’t axe me how) was due to betrayal.

Better to sulk around and be thought an incompetent fool than to hop on your dragon, half-cocked and remove all doubt :umad:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Per author GRRM, Daeny walking through fire was supposed to a magical once and a lifetime event. Hatching dragons eggs after magic has been dormant for roughly 150+ Yrs. He said Targaryens are not immune to flames, and Daeny walking through Khal Drogos funeral pyre was magic prophecy, sacrifice(via Khal Drogos death and her son who perished via birth), all mixed into one. Remember that comment was flying through the sky while she did it. Heralding the return of magic to the world. Or being a harbinger for the death to come.
We are talking about the show not the books. In the show they made her fireproof and eluded to it many times. She even said out loud that her brother wasn't blood of the dragon because he burned.

Ya'll can't jump back and forth when it suits you. They have different storylines.