House of Cards - Season 4 (Official Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Started off slow but ended up being the 2nd best season of the series, easily, after season 1.

Has Claire been aware of us as the audience the whole time? shyt was :demonic: when she finally looked into the camera along with Frank in the last scene.

I read a post on reddit how she's been aware the whole time but has never spoken, and that she merely "tolerates us" peering in to watch. The post had some good evidence and raised some good points. I'll try to find it and link it here.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Real surprised at so much dislike for this season. I liked season 1. Thought season 2 was cool. Didn't really care for season 3. To the point where I didn't even start watching this new season until it had been on for a bit already. I didn't even really care. I feel like once
he got shot
that things picked up. I will say I missed the lack of more
Remy and Jackie

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I mean.....the show is owning it's absurdity at least. I enjoyed this season more than the last 2, probably because I've given up the hope of it being any better :yeshrug:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
If a story came out that all but proved the president had murdered people, manipulated their way (with multiple instances of proof) into the White House, and was actively lying/deceiving the public it wouldn't play well at all. Add to that that the president would be under fire for their big program "America Works" shytting the bed. Then that same president who just got exposed is just going to start a "war" overnight?

Wouldn't play.

Good season. Entertaining show. But I'm not going to give the writers credit.

The real media would be lined up, human centipede style, to leach anything they could off of that story the broke at the end of the season. "President Underwood killed a third man tonight when he refused to release a terrorist who talked circles around him in backdoor negotiations."

I was actually looking forward to the backlash from the story breaking. I'm kind of disappointed that the writers are attempting to dismiss the entire plot point by "waging a war!" - which is really just a continuance of the war on terror. It doesn't really have the same "oh shyt, a war" impact that going to war with a superpower, or declaring war for the first time in x amount of years would have.

I digress. I hope they aren't attempting to introduce and immediately dismiss the reckoning article though.
They are just using war to buy them time to come up with a way to get around that story.. But it does seem far fetched to have that all go away in 3 weeks just cause we saw a live execution on tv.. Like that wasn't even a bold move, we've seen that before..
shyt reminded me of bobby bacala at the cabin when tony finally pushed his last button. every man has their limit and that rib request in that southern drawl sent freddy over his. only thing he didnt do was beat the shyt outta frank which he woulda got murdered for, but alas...

I don't remember them having a falling out, why did Freddy hate him? I thought Frank was respectful to him, unless I'm forgetting something

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
season was good. i give it a B.

since when do people in witness protection have parole officers?

the writers showed little effort on several parts, like the reaction of jackie's huband being he was happy for her when she told him she had an affair :martin:.

no evil plotting to get cathy to give up her VP or Prez nomination, just a simple threat. that does no go inline with the show. it's about betrayal and calculated revenge. a threat is too simple.

there was no ring knocking the table this season either, so i know the writers were being sloppy losing sight of the characters.

and one of the sloppiest areas to me was no revenge against Claire on Frank's part. while he was in the hospital she was willing to ruin his plan & let him die and he merely apologizes and awards her with the VP slot. i'd expect for frank to play into her ego, give her what she wanted and then snatch it from her at the very end.

remy's a simp. in 4 seasons the only time jackie has "risked it all" for him was at the very end meanwhile remy pretty much gave up his career to be the side-dikk to a married woman.

the inflated egos of the writers allowed them to dedicate 15-20% of the season to a plot about writers that should have been killed off by season 2 & Underwood hushed up the incident with fear mongering in like 3 minutes. it was a huge build up and ended with a whimper.

the good parts outnumbered the bad tho. i agree with others it feels incomplete like it should've been longer.
This season feels like they were like Hmmn how can we get frank out of this ?? Hmmn idk fukkery ? When before he managed to at least make the fukkery seem somewhat believable