House of Cards - Season 4 (Official Thread)

Superstar
Daps
season was good. i give it a B.

since when do people in witness protection have parole officers?

the writers showed little effort on several parts, like the reaction of jackie's huband being he was happy for her when she told him she had an affair :martin:.

no evil plotting to get cathy to give up her VP or Prez nomination, just a simple threat. that does no go inline with the show. it's about betrayal and calculated revenge. a threat is too simple.

there was no ring knocking the table this season either, so i know the writers were being sloppy losing sight of the characters.

and one of the sloppiest areas to me was no revenge against Claire on Frank's part. while he was in the hospital she was willing to ruin his plan & let him die and he merely apologizes and awards her with the VP slot. i'd expect for frank to play into her ego, give her what she wanted and then snatch it from her at the very end.

remy's a simp. in 4 seasons the only time jackie has "risked it all" for him was at the very end meanwhile remy pretty much gave up his career to be the side-dikk to a married woman.

the inflated egos of the writers allowed them to dedicate 15-20% of the season to a plot about writers that should have been killed off by season 2 & Underwood hushed up the incident with fear mongering in like 3 minutes. it was a huge build up and ended with a whimper.

the good parts outnumbered the bad tho. i agree with others it feels incomplete like it should've been longer.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
So did anyone figure out why Clair hates Underwood yet?
Claire needs to lead as much as frank. In seasons 1 & 2 she led a non-profit organization. season 3 leaves her with a leadership void to fill, so tensions rise cuz she's unfulfilled.

after Frank's done with his presidencies, there will be nothing left for him to do. she wants to start working on her political resume ASAP so it'll be easier for them to work on her career after his presidency is over. Frank tells her to wait. This upsets her because it was her money, her dad's connections etc that helped them get where they are. She feels like Frank is selfish. she begins to think that although he tells her it's '[them] against the world" that he really views it as him against the world while seeing her as a tool.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I am not gonna lie I didn't really like this season. :ld:
I am not up on my knowledge of politics to even know that could happen.

The president threatening the secretary of state :comeon:

The cuckolding. :comeon:

How did ol'boy get a gun? :comeon:

ETA: Why the fukk would Doug suddenly grow a conscience? It is completely out of character. Doug's existence is to serve the President. Who gives a fukk if he bumped the President up on the donor list.

Last edited:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Every time there's a scene with Frank and Meechum I try to prepare myself to witness some gay shyt :whoa: :whoa:

Claire talking about divorce :whoa: Frank about to orchestrate that assassination of Claire... those sympathy votes would ensure he wins :banderas:

LUCAS bussin his gun :ooh::ooh::ooh:

Charles Gibson looking real :flabbynsick: Haven't seen him in a while

"Claire... I hope he dies" :demonic: Mother is COLD :damn:

"As far as threats go, we've been far more occupied with you lately." :ufdup:

"That wasn't part of the President's plan." :aicmon:
"It's part of the Acting President's plan." :umad:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Shyt is real at those gas stations :whoa: I gotta get an electric vehicle soon :whoa: :whoa:

This dude Blythe being a Claire puppet :mjlol: Dude has no idea what he's doing :mjlol:

"No, no, no. You're not visualizing, Mr. Vice President." Petrov is the GOAT :wow:

Petrov really is like the perfect fictional version of Putin.

"Nothing you can prove. Don't threaten me again." :demonic:

Is Remy Haitian?

Checkmate on that Attorney General. :wow:

Kim dikkens (Kate) and Neve Campbell (Leann) look very similar :ohhh: Would bang them both :shaq:

Heather :wow: It's over hun :francis:

"You seem to have forgotten your place, Douglas." :ooh:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Every time there's a scene with Frank and Meechum I try to prepare myself to witness some gay shyt :whoa: :whoa:

Claire talking about divorce :whoa: Frank about to orchestrate that assassination of Claire... those sympathy votes would ensure he wins :banderas:

LUCAS bussin his gun :ooh::ooh::ooh:

Charles Gibson looking real :flabbynsick: Haven't seen him in a while

"Claire... I hope he dies" :demonic: Mother is COLD :damn:

"As far as threats go, we've been far more occupied with you lately." :ufdup:

"That wasn't part of the President's plan." :aicmon:
"It's part of the Acting President's plan." :umad:
Man you're in for a ride once you get to last couple episodes :heh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Let's see if Petrov puts the moves on Claire like he did last season :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

"Viktor. Take the deal, get your dignity back." :whoo:

Looks like Claire will be VP... can't imagine some fukkery like that happening in real life
shyt, hilary became a senator of a state she never lived in, never partciapted in thier politics, never held electedd office...like mcdonald's used to say "hey, it can happen"