House of Cards - Season 4 (Official Thread)

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Just finished the season :whew:

Finale felt rushed with the terrorism plot, Frank getting his dirty laundry aired out, the Hayden Christensen looking politician getting called out for lying in the media, etc. Still a damn good season

Gotta wait a whole year for season 5 :sadcam:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
its funny...
i was texting my pops last night and i told him
when season one dropped i was watching it like, "damn! is this how it really goes down in the White House?":dwillhuh:
now after 3 more seasons im like, "DAMN!! is this how it REALLY goes down in the White House?!?!?!?":merchant:

some of this shyt is borderline cartoonish
1st lady as the Presidents running mate :martin:

Yeah, it's like some of it is so unbelievable that it destroys the voyeuristic aspect of watching a show, and you're constantly reminded you're watching a "show." This show jumped the shark in season 2, and from there it's been one progressively wholly unbelievable act usurping another. And instead of these huge events having significant ramifications in the future, they are just mentioned in passing. Frank ended entitlement programs last year as a fukking democrat and next to no mention of "America works," this year.

But, I digress. I hope next season is the last.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
About Doug...

Even though Doug has always been demonic as fukk. He has always struggled with his job and shyt he has to do to keep Underwood in power. Dude is very sentimental when he lets his guard down.

But still, this season wasn't as much as him being really worried about the Moretti family. Sure, dude wasn't proud of what he did so he checked what happened to the family. But once he saw who the widow was he went straight to :demonic: Doug again. He's always searching for someone to lean on and the only way he finds them is by being a creep after he did a job for Underwood. The same thing happened with Rachel.

This a good post. I don't really think Doug is looking for someone to lean on. More so than anything, he's looking for situations and people he can dominate. The majority of his life is lived under the whims of an megalomaniac, murderous president. He's an addict (alcoholic). He's an underlying - an acolyte. As a byproduct he tries to impose his will or dominate everyone that he can: Seth, Leann, Rachel, he's even tried to do it to Claire before. The Rachel situation appealed to him because he could tell her when and what to do, and when to do it. When she started to become too autonomous such as getting a girlfriend, he was ready to kill her at that point. He could no longer dominate her.

The thing about the Moretti family is that he seems to be doing it just to do it, and that hasn't been his M.O. I guess she's kinda cute, but Doug been in that :demonic: realm for the entirety of the show. Even with the physical therapist last season, he was at her mercy for most of their involvement. This Moretti thing is something he's doing on his own accord, and it's a huge deviation from his regular character.

Just my thoughts.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yeah, it's like some of it is so unbelievable that it destroys the voyeuristic aspect of watching a show, and you're constantly reminded you're watching a "show." This show jumped the shark in season 2, and from there it's been one progressively wholly unbelievable act usurping another. And instead of these huge events having significant ramifications in the future, they are just mentioned in passing. Frank ended entitlement programs last year as a fukking democrat and next to no mention of "America works," this year.

But, I digress. I hope next season is the last.
got Frank and Claire lookin like some kinda new wave mob couple
Im guessin theyre literally going to have to be SEEN robbin, beating, and killing someone before theyre finally dealt with
:deadmanny:
i dont know, i dont hate this season
and i for damn sure aint naive to the wickedness of AmeriKKKan politics
the fukkery levels may just be a lil too high for me this time around :mjcry:

Abdi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Horn of Africa.
Just got done, 1 question tho

why did Doug leave after Frank told him "you do what you have to do and be back when it's over"? i don't get that part.

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
*Doug is a goddamn weirdo. But, besides that, why would Doug be concerned with a widow from what we know of his character? This is a character that turned a truck around, killed the woman he loved after she thought she was home free, and left her decaying body in unmarked grave :wow:. Doug is a super savage :damn:. Him being concerned for the deceased family, donating, etc. after he bumped dude to save the president, which we know he has unwavering loyalty to is extremely out of context with his history. Doug has only shown empathy ever towards the president.

*This show works best when there's an inside force (within the White House and not Claire) opposing the president's machinations. The episodes where the secretary of state was pulling Frank's card were the best.

*I wanted Freddy to beat Frank's ass. :demonic:

* Neve Campbell was a nice addition. :ehh:

*I hope this show ends next season. The story lines literally become more outlandish with each passing season.

I'll finish episode 12 and 13 later today. :jbhmm:

It's not hard to understand.

Doug has a soul. He's able to compartmentalize all the evil foul shyt he does and do it without blinking but, he knows its wrong and that he has a first class ticket to Hell. Like last season, he didn't want to kill that girl. Under any other circumstance he would have let her go. But he knows the rules of the job. And letting her go means she would be future liability that could ruin Frank. So she had to go regardless of how he felt. Doug strikes me as the kind of person who does the demonic shyt but, when he's alone drinking in his apartment he feels remorse about it. That's why he does silly shyt like contacting the widow eventhough he condemned her husband to die.

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
its funny...
i was texting my pops last night and i told him
when season one dropped i was watching it like, "damn! is this how it really goes down in the White House?":dwillhuh:
now after 3 more seasons im like, "DAMN!! is this how it REALLY goes down in the White House?!?!?!?":merchant:

some of this shyt is borderline cartoonish
1st lady as the Presidents running mate :martin:
We're about a few months from electing a bigoted loud talking reality television personality who's never held political office in his life to be President of the United States. Can you really discount anything that happens in this show with real life politics being as ridiculous?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
We're about a few months from electing a bigoted loud talking reality television personality who's never held political office in his life to be President of the United States. Can you really discount anything that happens in this show?
I really dont think I can:mjcry:

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo :dead:

Did they really stop in the middle of the episode to play Agar.io :russ:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
So much fukkery this season :wow:
I thought the first half was better than the second half. Claire and franks game of chess was like watching magic vs bird :blessed:
The best dagger was when frank opened up that safe deposit box and saw his ma's earings which was claire basically :pacspit:was :whew:
The russian president needs to be on every episode next season. The way he shytted on the vp on that phone call :russ: was vicious.

freddy hitting the pres with the :pacspit: than giving that reporter the fade might be the goat exit for a tv character:lolbron:
The fake isis plot and the kidnapped family plot was a little :russell:
I kinda wished they finished off the story with conway and the article. But i guess they wanted to make sure they had enough for season 5.