Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg gets exposed AGAIN for not knowing the Teddy Riley and Babyface songs

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yeah people going over the top. Especially since I know a LOT of black people who aren't into R&B. A lot of these generation Z kids and even millenials don't know or care for it. They only know who's current.
This isn't true at all.

The R&B they know might still have started in 2005, but they KNOW the songs.

Trey Songz, Chris Brown, Jeremih, Ty Dolla, Bryson Tiller, Omarion, Ella Mai, Sza, etc. Doesn't matter. Theres STILL black R&B artists with black followings.

Even this new R&B they still follow.

You're wrong about this.

Every generation of black listener has their own R&B preferences, but they still love R&B.

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
That make it last forever and in effect mode playing through some souped up system:wow: riding around in a Suzuki Sidekick listening to only you can make me happy :wow::wow: I miss those days man even though I was a little dude.
To keep it all a way buck, Hip Hop albums wasn't getting played full throttle in the whip like that til like 93/94ish. It was all R&B and blend tapes. Only time Hip Hop was getting played in the cars during that era was through Ron G and S&S tapes that we use to go Uptown to cop. Other then that, Rap albums stuck to walkman and boombox status.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Yeah people going over the top. Especially since I know a LOT of black people who aren't into R&B. A lot of these generation Z kids and even millenials don't know or care for it. They only know who's current.
This is so not true lmao:mjlol:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
he don't goota know everything but c'mon man...not fuvking with R&B or soul...

But he’s a self proclaimed old school hip hop expert. R&b and soul is the foundation for 98% of that shyt. Everything from sampled beats to random lyrics get flipped into hip hop. How you gonna refer to yourself as an authority or gatekeeper and not know where shyt comes from. And this dude has the nerve to get paid to speak so passionately and rank everything when he doesn’t even know what he’s ranking against. It makes me sick.

He's white though y'all lol. Also he should never be taken that serious as some kind of expert in the first place imo. I'm just glad he like lyrical rap and has tried to given lyrical rappers a chance with his juan ep shyt. Other then that I don't care too much about his opinions like that.
these were the biggest songs of the fukking decades of 80s and 90s. :rudy:

These aren't goddamn B-Sides :gucci:

no biggie :duck:

Are you a cac? :leostare:

See comment above.

No I'm not white.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
Kinda on topic, early 2000s my man who I had not seen in awhile because he moved deep into Jersey was in Harlem and wanted to link up, get something to eat. I lived around the corner from Amy Ruth's (soul food spot) at the time and told him to come around. We meet up and he has this white girl with him, and he introduced me and shortly after we sat down he mentioned she just got a job being an A & R rep at Def Jam. I was like, "Wow, Ok." but didn't think much about it because we are catching up with each other.
Anyway, while we are talking and eating Lord Finesse walks in and sits at the table next to us. I'm like, "Oh shyt, Lord Finesse!". The girl he brought says, "Who's that?!" My friend runs down his resume and then says, "Wow, you're an A & R rep for Def Jam and I had to tell you all that?!" He was disgusted and embarrassed. :mjlol:
i mean i'm not shocked reading this...but damn. it's just...disgusting. :why:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You're wrong about this.

Every generation of black listener has their own R&B preferences, but they still love R&B.

There are plenty of people who don't like r&b and certainly don't like the modern iterations. Black people are not a monolith. There are more black people who can't stand Teddy Riley/Babyface/New Jack/etc r&b than those who love it. Go ask a 60 year old black woman if she likes that shyt and she'll probably laugh in your face and tell you Motown/MJ/Luther/Anita/etc are real r&b, not that raunchy shyt from people who can't sing.
:yeshrug:

Back to Peter tho. I'm starting to get tired of these conversations because I sense that Rosenberg thrives on this shyt. Not just the attention, but the idea that people hate on him. It's that little man syndrome shyt. A bald, overweight, short dude who was NEVER apart of the cool club, yet loves trying to shyt on the cool club with his pure "real hip hop yall" opinions. And when he goes too far (Chuck D, Combat Jack, etc) he gets to pull the "I'm just a dumb white guy, I don't know these things sorry" card and gets away with it. I'm tired of it man.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
There are plenty of people who don't like r&b and certainly don't like the modern iterations. Black people are not a monolith. There are more black people who can't stand Teddy Riley/Babyface/New Jack/etc r&b than those who love it. Go ask a 60 year old black woman if she likes that shyt and she'll probably laugh in your face and tell you Motown/MJ/Luther/Anita/etc are real r&b, not that raunchy shyt from people who can't sing.
:yeshrug:

Back to Peter tho. I'm starting to get tired of these conversations because I sense that Rosenberg thrives on this shyt. Not just the attention, but the idea that people hate on him. It's that little man syndrome shyt. A bald, overweight, short dude who was NEVER apart of the cool club, yet loves trying to shyt on the cool club with his pure "real hip hop yall" opinions. And when he goes too far (Chuck D, Combat Jack, etc) he gets to pull the "I'm just a dumb white guy, I don't know these things sorry" card and gets away with it. I'm tired of it man.
doesn't disprove my point. she has a preference of R&B, not ANY r&b

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
dude looked like he was being tortured half the time listening to these soulful classics.. talking about "I missed the mark culturally on this one because I was in 3rd grade when it came out" in regards to Guy's "I like" not resonating with him

..nikka im 15 years younger than you and know this song :stopitslime:
That nikka didn't fukk with guy's "I like"??? I was just playing that like two days ago.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
He's white though y'all lol. Also he should never be taken that serious as some kind of expert in the first place imo. I'm just glad he like lyrical rap and has tried to given lyrical rappers a chance with his juan ep shyt. Other then that I don't care too much about his opinions like that.

I never took his uninformed goofy ass seriously to begin with, but there are people who do, and that's the problem. him being a moron and being a voice spreads his stupidity to others.