Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: you literally play as Karen in Horizon. Besides graphics, horizon don't really have much going for it. Combat only gets good towards the end of the game, farming ammo and materials makes the game boring af. Physics are trash, can't climb shyt without it having some retarded yellow paint on it, absolutely zero environment interaction & If we talking about gameplay, BOTW does shyt in open world games that yet to be done or replicated and probably never will. You don't have to like the story or graphics but the amount of detail they put into BOTW is light years ahead of Horizon. AI in horizon is also dumb af

man this might seem like a small complaint but it’s such a huge one for a game that’s supposed to be largely open-world...I can live with the “only climb here” clues they use in god of war and TLOU/uncharted since those are meant to be wide linear games even tho it’s still frustrating...but it’s unacceptable and cumbersome in a game like this that offers large exploratory areas...this is legit the first open-world game I have played that I have absolutely no interest in exploring...I’m not gonna force it...third time trying to get into this game and I just can’t...if forbidden west is gonna offer mostly the same shyt with just better graphics/higher framerate then it’s gonna be an easy pass for me

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Got my ps5 setup and was able to get back in this game. Currently stuck battling some seeker shyt. This thing is intense. I remember trying to battle it back when I had my PS4 with me and never got thru. Hopefully I can defeat it this time. This shyt firing some one shot kill laser and going invisible. :damn:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Don't know if I fukked around and skipped to the final boss or what. I start exploring some cave and now I'm in this huge factory with the damn thing that shoots fire and a bunch of the tiny Raptors all in my ass with just twenty arrows, some fire arrows and the electrocution rope trap thing. They killing me out here. :damn:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Got my ps5 setup and was able to get back in this game. Currently stuck battling some seeker shyt. This thing is intense. I remember trying to battle it back when I had my PS4 with me and never got thru. Hopefully I can defeat it this time. This shyt firing some one shot kill laser and going invisible. :damn:

Don't know if I fukked around and skipped to the final boss or what. I start exploring some cave and now I'm in this huge factory with the damn thing that shoots fire and a bunch of the tiny Raptors all in my ass with just twenty arrows, some fire arrows and the electrocution rope trap thing. They killing me out here. :damn:

shyt is dope huh

:youngsabo:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
shyt is dope huh

:youngsabo:

yeah definitely a dope game. finally beat that part just earlier. had to setup a bunch of electrical traps around the room to kill the raptors and slow down the blowback or whatever the thing is called. gave me some ability to override more of the robots.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
DaNC8LPX4AAt4dj.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
One of my favorite lores in gaming.

The lore is awesome, they need better character arch’s and sub plots in the second.

I wish Aloy underwent some kind of emotional/mental/spiritual transformation throughout. You start off as an outcast/loner and get treated like shyt, then suddenly everyone needs your help and your happy to do it.

It could have been her natural instincts as a clone of elisabet sobeck to want to help people. They could have presented a cool philosophical nature vs nurture aspect. Aloy could have started off as a wild ass hot headed anti-hero person and slowly transformed into a rational well meaning actual hero. They made Her a bit too neutral.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The lore is awesome, they need better character arch’s and sub plots in the second.

I wish Aloy underwent some kind of emotional/mental/spiritual transformation throughout. You start off as an outcast/loner and get treated like shyt, then suddenly everyone needs your help and your happy to do it.

It could have been her natural instincts as a clone of elisabet sobeck to want to help people. They could have presented a cool philosophical nature vs nurture aspect. Aloy could have started off as a wild ass hot headed anti-hero person and slowly transformed into a rational well meaning actual hero. They made Her a bit too neutral.

Yeah my head canon is that she didn't turn out to be more of a weirdo because of her being a Sobeck clone (even though that's really science fantasy) and using the focus device for more examples of human interaction. They made her a bit infallible but I was just thankful that she wasn't like Rey from Star Wars.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah my head canon is that she didn't turn out to be more of a weirdo because of her being a Sobeck clone (even though that's really science fantasy) and using the focus device for more examples of human interaction. They made her a bit infallible but I was just thankful that she wasn't like Rey from Star Wars.

Also, i guess she had a good mentor that was all mr Miyagi with it. Still I’d wish she were a bit more fallible. Thats my problem with the new Lara Croft, they come off too heroic and i feel like its because developers dont want to alienate people away from playing as a female. I think thats also why they never give them love interest.

If they make Aloy too emotional then people will say this is why they hate playing as women because they don’t think rationally. Then you cut off all emotion from them and they end up as this wooden character.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also, i guess she had a good mentor that was all mr Miyagi with it. Still I’d wish she were a bit more fallible. Thats my problem with the new Lara Croft, they come off too heroic and i feel like its because developers dont want to alienate people away from playing as a female. I think thats also why they never give them love interest.

If they make Aloy too emotional then people will say this is why they hate playing as women because they don’t think rationally. Then you cut off all emotion from them and they end up as this wooden character.

bytch was every bit as bland as the environment...shyt all the fukking characters were stale as hell...the machine monsters were more “personable”

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Rost was too rigid, I'm sure she didn't learn much about socializing from him but he was a certified Nora goon. Left his tribe to murk 12 dudes in foreign country and survived.

Aloy got to train with that for about 12 years on top of having a device that would make a lot of tasks easy as shyt to do in a primitive setting.