Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I had to go ahead and mainline it to make sure I got through, but I finally beat this shyt, 4 yrs, 3 different starts, and a PC port later :wow: it finally clicked when I stopped playing it like an adventure game, running around exploring, and just stuck to the objectives. The machines, cauldrons, tallnecks etc. just came naturally along the way.

The machine combat is :wow: only thing they have to figure out is how to manage essentially everything better :russ: way too much time micromanaging weapons and resources in the menu. The story wasn’t hard to stay ahead of, but it was way better than the first impression I got. I didn’t do much of the side content, but I figure I’ll go some side quests and play the DLC when FW is close to release.

Definitely a unique game. Not one of my favorites overall, but the combat was. shyt can really feel like hunting when you figure out the fastest way to take em out, and when other random machines jump in

R8167f4cf470b4c13bf978e4b1661ac2a

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis:This game looks beautiful but plays miserable. The mechanics are like a crap shoot from targeting enemies, dodging, and even fukking climbing mountains. No point in getting a horse because that bytch disappears the moment you get off of it. The characters are so forgettable, it felt like I was talking to air. Saving in this game is so weird, like the game pick and choose checkpoints during certain missions. Once you beat the game and go for the DLC, the last mission is still fukking there :why:. Some of the machines are damn near frustrating to try to destroy. Upgrading gear is wild pointless with such a retarded interface and crafting system.

Holy hell, I think I am going to just say fukk it and delete the game because it is such a pain in the ass to get through the game without wanting to swing a sword at real life air:camby:.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:francis:This game looks beautiful but plays miserable. The mechanics are like a crap shoot from targeting enemies, dodging, and even fukking climbing mountains. No point in getting a horse because that bytch disappears the moment you get off of it. The characters are so forgettable, it felt like I was talking to air. Saving in this game is so weird, like the game pick and choose checkpoints during certain missions. Once you beat the game and go for the DLC, the last mission is still fukking there :why:. Some of the machines are damn near frustrating to try to destroy. Upgrading gear is wild pointless with such a retarded interface and crafting system.

Holy hell, I think I am going to just say fukk it and delete the game because it is such a pain in the ass to get through the game without wanting to swing a sword at real life air:camby:.

Game has a lot of rough edges. The worst thing about it in my opinion were the characters. I honestly didn’t like even ONE character.

I really hope they give Aloy an actual personality in the next game.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Game has a lot of rough edges. The worst thing about it in my opinion were the characters. I honestly didn’t like even ONE character.

I really hope they give Aloy an actual personality in the next game.

Forreal:snoop:. Like it just seems like the entire game plays like a job from hell from shytty co workers, hard grueling work with no good pay, and the WOAT boss of all time. Yet, it has a beautiful building:ld:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
The only part I hate about this game is is old dude and his kid staying in the same spot the whole game.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Ya'll nikkas must suck,try playing on hard:russ: specially the dlc :francis:hell on earth

But yea i agree on one thing ,the characters in this game are forgettable..but yet again i didnt play this game for the story so:yeshrug: the main plot is interesting honestly and the ending does make wanna see more withe syles and what he's gonna do

I need a ngplus soon, but too many games

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Damn breh, don't tell me you fukking suck at playing video games :picard: :russ:

Most of the fun in the game is roaming around and trying to survive those demonic ass robots in Ultra Hard and giving them that work in different ways because a lot of them require different strategies.

You do have a point about the characters but the overall story of why we got the world we get to play in is dope as fukk to me :manny:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will say, I wouldn't mind them trading fast travel for being able to override a stormbird or some shyt. Or having both. I used fast travel a lot, but I would have probably flown everywhere if I could/if I had to travel everywhere. Especially if they add more flying types so the skies are dangerous just like the ground, but I can't speak on what they should add until I beat the DLC and see all the machines :russ:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Damn breh, don't tell me you fukking suck at playing video games :picard: :russ:

Most of the fun in the game is roaming around and trying to survive those demonic ass robots in Ultra Hard and giving them that work in different ways because a lot of them require different strategies.

You do have a point about the characters but the overall story of why we got the world we get to play in is dope as fukk to me :manny:

My only issues were how wonky camera could get which got me violated a few times and those fetch quests that didn't amount to much. Next game should let me fleece these NPCs like Witcher 3 cause this Hawk life ain't easy. :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I will say, I wouldn't mind them trading fast travel for being able to override a stormbird or some shyt. Or having both. I used fast travel a lot, but I would have probably flown everywhere if I could/if I had to travel everywhere. Especially if they add more flying types so the skies are dangerous just like the ground, but I can't speak on what they should add until I beat the DLC and see all the machines :russ:

They should make it so you can tree surf like Tarzan and glide to the next. Give it spider-man type traversal thats actually fun instead of the same old boring mounts

tumblr_inline_mrfbxfrLHW1qz4rgp.gif

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They should make it so you can tree surf like Tarzan and glide to the next. Give it spider-man type traversal thats actually fun instead of the same old boring mounts

tumblr_inline_mrfbxfrLHW1qz4rgp.gif

For sure something faster and more involved. I didn't really use the mounts unless I was patrolling an area I was familiar with for some parts

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
For sure something faster and more involved. I didn't really use the mounts unless I was patrolling an area I was familiar with for some parts

Same, and that applies to BOTW also. I think I used a horse maybe twice and not for very long. No point in having a horse when you see something and want to climb a random mountain or go down some cliff somewhere.

If they don’t at least give Aloy a glider i’m not interested

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same, and that applies to BOTW also. I think I used a horse maybe twice and not for very long. No point in having a horse when you see something and want to climb a random mountain or go down some cliff somewhere.

If they don’t at least give Aloy a glider i’m not interested

I used a horse less than 10 times between one and a half playthroughs. And most of that was in the half playthrough :mjlol:

Now that I'm thinking about it, the movement was a big detriment to this game in hindsight, for as great as the combat was. I stopped comparing to BOTW because there was no way I was gonna be able to give it a fair shake that way, and I think it was part of what was fukking me up playing it. Now that I have a more solid base for comparison, the movement and exploration were the biggest differences in the games to me. The combat was honestly a wash for me, in that BOTW had MUCH more simple base combat, but the possibilities outside of pushing Y were damn near endless. But the BOTW movement was leagues ahead, and it was built to get lost exploring and still have fun, where I feel HZD was built to get you where you're going for the most part. The machines were the real draw vs. the world itself, even though that shyt was still beautiful.

I can't remember the intricacies of the BOTW story, but it is interesting that so much of both stories is about what has already happened. Difference is a lot of new shyt that matters is still happening in this, since it was more traditionally structured :russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I used a horse less than 10 times between one and a half playthroughs. And most of that was in the half playthrough :mjlol:

Now that I'm thinking about it, the movement was a big detriment to this game in hindsight, for as great as the combat was. I stopped comparing to BOTW because there was no way I was gonna be able to give it a fair shake that way, and I think it was part of what was fukking me up playing it. Now that I have a more solid base for comparison, the movement and exploration were the biggest differences in the games to me. The combat was honestly a wash for me, in that BOTW had MUCH more simple base combat, but the possibilities outside of pushing Y were damn near endless. But the BOTW movement was leagues ahead, and it was built to get lost exploring and still have fun, where I feel HZD was built to get you where you're going for the most part. The machines were the real draw vs. the world itself, even though that shyt was still beautiful.

I can't remember the intricacies of the BOTW story, but it is interesting that so much of both stories is about what has already happened. Difference is a lot of new shyt that matters is still happening in this, since it was more traditionally structured :russ:

More games, (HZD 2, Elden Ring, Elder Scrools) really need to make it a point of jacking BoTW’s traversal systems. Climbing, swimming, gliding need to be staples in these games from this point on. If they are all gonna copy everything else from each other copy THIS.