Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...can't climb shyt without it having some retarded yellow paint on it, absolutely zero environment interaction...

damn I hate shyt like this...I was planning on getting into it today too...I’m still try to be objective but shyt like this is why I get bored w/ a lot of games so easily...gonna go off on a very minor tangent but that was one thing about uncharted 4 that annoyed me...this dude can jump climb and swing from shyt for hours @ a time but if I tried to jump or get on top of a rock that’s barely a foot high so that I can survey an area then dude starts taking these baby jumps and can’t get on top the rock...why? cuz video games lol...I can’t say it enough but that is why I love playing BOTW so much...virtually no limitations which allows for multiple solutions to kill an opponent...solve a puzzle...reach a location etc.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We've even got one dude in here WHO HASN'T EVEN PLAYED THE GAME writing hater paragraphs. :gucci:

One dude said the combat wasn't good until the end????!?:mjtf:

The game has excellent gameplay/combat, a pretty good story, good RPG elements, great enemy design, great graphics, a shyt ton of lore etc. But its trash because you can't climb everything like every RPG not named BOTW. :comeon:

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:mjlol: you literally play as Karen in Horizon. Besides graphics, horizon don't really have much going for it. Combat only gets good towards the end of the game, farming ammo and materials makes the game boring af. Physics are trash, can't climb shyt without it having some retarded yellow paint on it, absolutely zero environment interaction & If we talking about gameplay, BOTW does shyt in open world games that yet to be done or replicated and probably never will. You don't have to like the story or graphics but the amount of detail they put into BOTW is light years ahead of Horizon. AI in horizon is also dumb af
like what?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We've even got one dude in here WHO HASN'T EVEN PLAYED THE GAME writing hater paragraphs.

who?

bcuz I’ve played a few hours of the game but put it on back-burner a minute ago...and the paragraph (singular) was directed @ an element that’s present in multiple games...maybe I’m being self-conscious tho cuz what you’re saying definitely doesn’t apply to me

gonna play this next...bought it a hot minute ago and started playing it...idk why I stopped tho...maybe another game drop that diverted my attention

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
who?

bcuz I’ve played a few hours of the game but put it on the back burner a minute ago...and the paragraph (singular) was directed @ an element that’s present in multiple games...maybe I’m being self-conscious tho cuz what you’re saying definitely doesn’t apply to me
I think there's still wild hyperbole (for both games) lingering from some of the GOTY debates.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: you literally play as Karen in Horizon. Besides graphics, horizon don't really have much going for it. Combat only gets good towards the end of the game, farming ammo and materials makes the game boring af. Physics are trash, can't climb shyt without it having some retarded yellow paint on it, absolutely zero environment interaction & If we talking about gameplay, BOTW does shyt in open world games that yet to be done or replicated and probably never will. You don't have to like the story or graphics but the amount of detail they put into BOTW is light years ahead of Horizon. AI in horizon is also dumb af
:russ:

What is the stuff never done before and never will be?

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn I hate shyt like this...I was planning on getting into it today too...I’m still try to be objective but shyt like this is why I get bored w/ a lot of games so easily...gonna go off on a very minor tangent but that was one thing about uncharted 4 that annoyed me...this dude can jump climb and swing from shyt for hours @ a time but if I tried to jump or get on top of a rock that’s barely a foot high so that I can survey an area then dude starts taking these baby jumps and can’t get on top the rock...why? cuz video games lol...I can’t say it enough but that is why I love playing BOTW so much...virtually no limitations which allows for multiple solutions to kill an opponent...solve a puzzle...reach a location etc.

Horizon is a chore to play if you remotely enjoyed BOTW, i normally wouldn't even make the comparison but the mechanics kinda similar having to farm materials and use bow and arrows n such but the difference in detail is too vast. I couldn't even finish Horizon because of the lack of freedom, if Horizon 2 comes out the same way it will be criminal.
:russ:

What is the stuff never done before and never will be?

skim through these

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I mean, if you don't enjoy hunting and trying to survive being hunted by amazing looking dino robots that MUST be defeated in different ways depending on enviroment and robot... :hubie:

Only way I could see gameplay being boring is playing in Normal or Easy. But if you are doing that you are not about gameplay and more about story imo, and then the discussions is how compelling HZD story is. I think it's dope as fukk but to each it's own I guess :patrice:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm not watching a 40 minute video :mjlol:

then just watch the 6 minute one :yeshrug:

sometimes it’s the little things done right that take it from being a good video game to a great one or in the absence of them from a good video game to an average one

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
then just watch the 6 minute one :yeshrug:

sometimes it’s the little things done right that take it from being a good video game to a great one or in the absence of them from a good video game to an average one
the 6 minute once is art design choices and technical limitations being built around in optimal ways. zelda simply cannot work at the ranges that most of the gameplay that HZD lives in. and the scale of the encounters/interactions is vastly different as well.

a melee focused game obviously should not play or be designed like a ranged one. that's not anything crazy imo

generally, melee is discouraged or presented as a high risk option in HZD. everything from the approach to the execution to the animation should reflect that. BOTW? You do your work there. it should absolutely feel and be presented differently - in and out of combat.

a casual glance at the 40 minute one is just hyperbolic. BOTW's fast travel isn't worth an entire segment on when dragon's dogma let players create and install their own custom network. environmental conditions affecting traversal aren't anything new either.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^ ya no disrespect to the poster but I didn’t watch the 40 minute clip

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Copped this game last night off of the strength of Killzone/Guerrilla Games.

I say...I say.... Got Damn!

Y’all PS4 brehs been eating lovely this generation.

Me and my sons was in awe the whole time.

I got this game to hold me over into Ghost of Tsushima comes out and give me a break from COD modern warfare.

Oh, Oh...I found the right game alright.

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
BOTW was a great game BUT:

1. The bosses were way too easy.
2. The combat was not challenging enough and too repetitive.
3. There are only 3/4 kinds of main enemies (the mid level ones are few and far in between.)
4. The weapons’ durability got silly after a while.
5. You can easily become overpowered too Early which can ruin the rest of the game.
6. The landscape is too bland at times.
7. There weren’t any true Zelda style “dungeons” (temple, mid level boss, get unique item/weapon after mid level boss, get big key to fight main boss.) That was sorely missing.

That said, it was an amazing game, but too much of a huge departure from Zelda and it felt like it was missing a lot. Hopefully BOTW 2 rectifies that.

I’m a life long Zelda fan but HZD was a lot more fun and kept me on my toes more. The plethora of weapons and enemies to kill/manipulate (except the humans) was sensational. And the level design was much more interesting (including the rewards for completing each one.)

Last edited: