Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Started playing "Frozen Wilds". It's cool but this late in the game (I think they suggest you level 30-40) they need to introduce more game play elements. They got a few new things but this plays waaaaaaaaaaaay too similar to the rest of the game. Not sure I'll even finish it at this rate.

Fred.
There's some really interesting areas later on, but its not that drastic of a departure at all.

Regenerating monster fields and this factory area in particular stood out to me.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's some really interesting areas later on, but its not that drastic of a departure at all.

Regenerating monster fields and this factory area in particular stood out to me.

Yeah I think part of that is me being over leveled. Because I ran up on a couple of those tower things and wrecked them.

Oh well I'm cool. "Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition" drops next week anyway.

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah I think part of that is me being over leveled. Because I ran up on a couple of those tower things and wrecked them.

Oh well I'm cool. "Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition" drops next week anyway.

Fred.
..... :russ:

This is what I mean by Ultra Hard is the only way too man. I was max level, but all that meant was that I wouldn't die instantly (most of the time) and that you had to actually respect everything you fought. Felt like the survival game it was supposed to be.

With the material crunch too, you end having to really plan out everything and that was a whole aspect of the game that I felt was pushed aside. Having to actually rely on traps as well was great.

Too late for a NG+ now but I definitely get it.

And yeah, I'm just bullshytting til XB too

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
im apart of the elite gaming alpha unit
ill be fine
Its worth it imo

one of the most common comments you'll see about the game is how overpowered you get relatively early in the game. somehow someway - HZD is balanced really well (outside of all human enemies. but they're the worst part of the game no matter what) for it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I'll just wait until the PC version drops to finish this. I only played this for a few hours, wasn't really into the story and just stopped after a while. Last place I remember I was at was Meridian upon googling for locations.

Last edited:

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Horizon ruined BOTW for me. BOTW is one of the blandest, non seasoned gluten free karen approved factory produced games I've played in 2017. I beat BOTW but I'd take Horizon over BOTW anyday.

:mjlol: you literally play as Karen in Horizon. Besides graphics, horizon don't really have much going for it. Combat only gets good towards the end of the game, farming ammo and materials makes the game boring af. Physics are trash, can't climb shyt without it having some retarded yellow paint on it, absolutely zero environment interaction & If we talking about gameplay, BOTW does shyt in open world games that yet to be done or replicated and probably never will. You don't have to like the story or graphics but the amount of detail they put into BOTW is light years ahead of Horizon. AI in horizon is also dumb af

Code

Banned
Daps
Two things the sequel MUST have: the ability to climb anything, the ability to ride any robot