Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Anyone else believe that Faro is still alive in some way, shape or form?

Wouldn't be surprised. He did have his own bunker and had damn near limitless resources. Dude could have perfected cyro freezing .

but they just might end up making him a villain you won't get to ever run the fade with :francis:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Wouldn't be surprised. He did have his own bunker and had damn near limitless resources. Dude could have perfected cyro freezing .

but they just might end up making him a villain you won't get to ever run the fade with :francis:

That’s another question I have about the future of the game.

The lead producer passed away last year so I wonder how much is/will the game change going forward from his original vision? When we seen what happens to franchises when they lose the original producer/head person in charge (Assassins Creed and the modern day story.)

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

The lead producer passed away last year so I wonder how much is/will the game change going forward from his original vision? When we seen what happens to franchises when they lose the original producer/head person in charge (Assassins Creed and the modern day story.)

Damn.

yeah....that Creed modern day story got dropped so damn fast :wow:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I thought Aloy's character development was good. Obviously, they didn't give too much away with Lieutenant Daniels character, but I expect that to be heavily expound upon in the sequel.

And yes, the combat system was incredible as well.
With Aloy, I dont think it was character development per se. I think they just failed to make us give a damn about Aloy. She wasnt personable. Like Rost, they did an okay job with making us care about him but her...:unimpressed:

Maybe it was just me.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

he was a senior producer on HZD, but not the lead producer or director.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
With Aloy, I dont think it was character development per se. I think they just failed to make us give a damn about Aloy. She wasnt personable. Like Rost, they did an okay job with making us care about him but her...:unimpressed:

Maybe it was just me.

What was interesting to me was learning of Dr Sobeck thru her. That whole journey to learn about her and of course the reveal about her and Aloy's "relationship"

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How much of a difference would/should that make for the game going forward?

since he wasn't the lead producer or director according to the game's credits, then I'm okay. It doesn't look like it will be critical

but that situation isn't always bad, look at how well Cory Barlog handled God Of War after Jaffe left :yeshrug:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Damn.

They finished the Desmond/Juno storyline just in the comics with no mention of it past Syndicate which is rather fukked up. They seem to be going somewhere with Layla based on the FOA ending, but I have no faith that they’ll actually follow through on it.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Damn.

Nah, they'll be straight for Horizon 2 because the lead producer for HZD was actually Lambert Wolterbeek Muller and executive producer was Angie Smets. Munnik's name is in the credits with many other producers that pitched in the game but he wasn't lead.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
since he wasn't the lead producer or director according to the game's credits, then I'm okay. It doesn't look like it will be critical

but that situation isn't always bad, look at how well Cory Barlog handled God Of War after Jaffe left :yeshrug:

I actually never played a GOW game before the one on PS4. I did purchase GOW 3 a few weeks back and it was mehh and rather short of a game. Maybe it’s because the experience is difference now since it’s a console generation later.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
They finished the Desmond/Juno storyline just in the comics with no mention of it past Syndicate which is rather fukked up. They seem to be going somewhere with Layla based on the FOA ending, but I have no faith that they’ll actually follow through on it.

Yeah I know. big plot point.... and it gets wrapped up in some shyt most will never read

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

Layla is literally the worst protagonist in the Assassin's Creed series. I can't believe ______ showed up and gave this nobody the keys to the kingdom :scust: Desmond's dad should be modern day main so at least it makes sense.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
The story for the game was great but they failed at character development. The combat system was underappreciated in my opinion. After I beat GoW, I went back to HZD and it just was, better. The story from GoW was underwhelming af but the character development is what really made it great. If either of these couldve did what the other did great...:wow:

The variety of enemies and combat in this game is what makes it stand out. They really took their time to make it as interesting as possible. I know I said this already but this is truly the Zelda of Sony. 9.5/10. Can’t wait for the sequel.