Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was stellar. It introduces a beautiful new location and provides the best weapons & equipment in the game. The story also coincides directly with the main campaign. It's an easy purchase imo. I'd recommend it only after beating the base game, though. It was made for players fairly adept at combat and can be unforgiving if you're either not prepared with your equipment or not acclimated with the frantic pace of the action. The first new machine you face is more challenging than any machine in the base game imo. The thing can clear a 30 foot gap between the two of you in one swipe, and the first time it happens, you won't see it coming. It surprised the hell out of me. The kicker is that it's just the warm up and the least durable out of the three or four new ones you'll meet.
Which new weapons? I didn’t get all the cells for the super armor at the end of the game. Does that matter in the dlc

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Which new weapons?
You get the the stormslinger, forgefire, and icerail through missions. The stormslinger you get in the first story quest in the DLC, you also get the icerail in a later story quest. The forgfire you get after clearing a bandit camp, you gotta loot it off the bandit leader's body.

I didn’t get all the cells for the super armor at the end of the game. Does that matter in the dlc?

No, you don't need it. Developers were slick this time. They added these tree machines in some machine territories that keep knocking off the shield-weaver armor's until you destroy it, the new machines can also your rock that shyt off easy too. :usure: So players that lack in skill and rely heavy on the armor gonna be assed out.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Which new weapons? I didn’t get all the cells for the super armor at the end of the game. Does that matter in the dlc

Obvious spoilers.

Frozen Wilds New Weapons - Horizon Zero Dawn

As far as the Shield Weaver armor goes, you can still pick up the power cells for it after beating the game if you want. FWIW, I have it and almost never used it on any of my 4 new game+ playthroughs, but I play on ultra hard so I find it more tactical to wear armor that provides a particular edge, chiefly Stealth. 95% of my playthroughs are spent in adept modded Carja Silks or the Banuk stealth outfit. Also, the frozen wilds introduces a mechanism that renders the shield in the power armor inactive until said mechanism is destroyed. If you're playing on lower difficulties, I suppose it balances out but on the harder ones, I'd recommend going for armor that's tailor made for certain elements and situations. Unsurprisingly, the best armor is also only found in the DLC. It has a souped up version of the stealth armor and fire resistant armor that I found the most useful & practical.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Just beat the original on Ultra Hard.

Is this worth the $10?

Is it a whole new map or is it the old one just focused on the ice parts of the world?

Does all weapons, skills, resources and armor carry over?

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall

Is this worth the $10?

Is it a whole new map or is it the old one just focused on the ice parts of the world?

giphy.gif

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

Is this worth the $10?

Yes to all, you get new weapons, armor and new enemy robots. I would say the new area is as big as the Nora land where you originally start including a volcano and hot springs

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im at lvl 40, just killed my first rockbreaker the other day. Had no fukking clue what i was in for when it started coming at me underground.

Died 3 times before i could get some clear tearblast shots, after that kept coming at him with my lodge sling with stickys, blasts and fire bombs. Became easy work after that.

First time coming across a stalker i was like :mindblown: type of predator shyt is this, and then for added insult it was in the jungle.

Not sure how much story i have left, been mixing up what i do between the story, errands, side quests and bandit camps.

Did the 3 cauldrons

Is there a stronger spear in the main game that i can buy/find?

And does wearing the winter type outfits in the mountain really matter?

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
This game is lit. I’m level 35 and almost finished with the game, I just finished finding out what project zero dawn really was. It was actually kind of sad. I’m up to fighting the behemoth after getting captured. The game was hard at first but I think once you reached like level 20 every thing is just super easy. Considering getting that ancient armor before I finish the game but will I really need it? Are the last bosses difficult?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Im at lvl 40, just killed my first rockbreaker the other day. Had no fukking clue what i was in for when it started coming at me underground.

Died 3 times before i could get some clear tearblast shots, after that kept coming at him with my lodge sling with stickys, blasts and fire bombs. Became easy work after that.

First time coming across a stalker i was like :mindblown: type of predator shyt is this, and then for added insult it was in the jungle.

Not sure how much story i have left, been mixing up what i do between the story, errands, side quests and bandit camps.

Did the 3 cauldrons

No additional spear. Just extra damage from unlocked skills. And as far as I know, the outfits are visuals only. I may be wrong about that but I never really use them, even the ones with additional mod slots.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
you trippin i guess you aint get the shield weaver armor from the main game then.

I know that armors boost stats etc. but he was asking about winter gear. I assumed he was asking if outfits that are cold weather type help with weather there in some way. It didnt seem to be the case to me. Am I wrong?

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I know that armors boost stats etc. but he was asking about winter gear. I assumed he was asking if outfits that are cold weather type help with weather there in some way. It didnt seem to be the case to me. Am I wrong?
i never used winter gear when i was in the snow areas...maybe for the dlc u might im bout to start frozen wilds today...

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
This game is lit. I’m level 35 and almost finished with the game, I just finished finding out what project zero dawn really was. It was actually kind of sad. I’m up to fighting the behemoth after getting captured. The game was hard at first but I think once you reached like level 20 every thing is just super easy. Considering getting that ancient armor before I finish the game but will I really need it? Are the last bosses difficult?

The Shield Weaver is OP that's why it's behind all those missions but you don't really need it if your level is high enough. You can literally get hit point blank with a missile, it'll absorb the blow and you'll take no damage. Also some outfits have higher stats than others. Like the stealth armor makes you harder to see.

No additional spear. Just extra damage from unlocked skills. And as far as I know, the outfits are visuals only. I may be wrong about that but I never really use them, even the ones with additional mod slots.

Naw you get two upgrades to the spear if you add the DLC. One from Sylens in the main story and the chick from the DLC upgrades it even more if you do her missions. And the rarer the outfit, the more damage you can take and they all have different boosts.

Did the 3 cauldrons

You get 2 spear upgrades, one in the main story and the other in the DLC. Wearing rare outfits help with taking damage because the stats are higher but some armors give you boosts to other things like using your bow. It doesn't matter if you wear a snow outfit in the snow or not

Last edited: