Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Someone wanna tell me where I get those power cells at?(I think that's what they're called)

Haven't played the game in a month or so, since I finished the main storyline. I've got one side of the power cells done and now I need 3 more I think to finish the other side. Not sure where to find them, but I want that armor.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Someone wanna tell me where I get those power cells at?(I think that's what they're called)

Haven't played the game in a month or so, since I finished the main storyline. I've got one side of the power cells done and now I need 3 more I think to finish the other side. Not sure where to find them, but I want that armor.
It's on YouTube

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

You get them through story progression, it's an endgame armor so you won't be able to get it until you're almost done. Youtube has videos on how you find them.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Just beat it. Great game, main story was awesome. Gameplay was the best i've played in a long time.

My only gripe is that the supporting characters didn't have the same depth and nuance that i was accustomed to in an rpg. I thought they were heading in that direction during the first couple hours and into the nora trials with some specific character interactions, but they swerved it and things got pretty light on that end from there out. The only memorial/charismatic support was ol dude from the Wire.

For example, her and Varl danced around the romance thing, he was barely in the game, and there was no real personality to him other than gassin her up like everyone else was.

But i'm hoping they can improve on those type of details in the next game. Because everything else was spot on.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just beat it. Great game, main story was awesome. Gameplay was the best i've played in a long time.

My only gripe is that the supporting characters didn't have the same depth and nuance that i was accustomed to in an rpg. I thought they were heading in that direction during the first couple hours and into the nora trials with some specific character interactions, but they swerved it and things got pretty light on that end from there out. The only memorial/charismatic support was ol dude from the Wire.

For example, her and Varl danced around the romance thing, he was barely in the game, and there was no real personality to him other than gassin her up like everyone else was.

But i'm hoping they can improve on those type of details in the next game. Because everything else was spot on.
im having trouble upgrading weapons...im on lvl 16 which weapons should i already have?

also i have no clue what to do when modding weapons

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
So it doesn't matter if I kill more enemies, leveling up doesn't matter? I just run past a heard of horses or sawtooths and don't even bother killing all 4. I need a better bow and arrow ugh!!!
the horses are weak, go after them and the weak scanners, or whatever they're called, avoid big monsters until you're leveled up. basically go for the weaker robots in the beginning use them to get level up, once you're strong enough, go after them to get better weapons.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
im having trouble upgrading weapons...im on lvl 16 which weapons should i already have?

The most important ones are the shadow weapons but those may be a little too pricey for you at this point.

The big thing about the weapons themselves are the mod slots. Shadow weapons have 3 slots, which is what makes them very valuable. i.e. you could equip three separate 40%+ damage mods to a bow and fukk machines up.

So go to your menu inventory and see what type of mods you already have (you get those from scavenging the machines you kill) and if you have any damage+ mods or fire damage+ mods, then see if your current weapons have 1 or 2 mod slots. If only 1 slot, then you may want to consider upgrading to the next affordable weapon (maybe a "Carja" type bow iirc) that at least has 2 slots.

You'll know what type of mods work best by the type of bow you have (i.e. an elemental bow that has shock, freeze... will work best with freeze and shock mods, etc).

And invest in the "Tinkerer" skillset, as it allows you to swap out mods that you've already inserted in weapons. Without it, the mod is destroyed if you ever choose to swap it out with another mod.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i've noticed a lot of your posts in here and all i can say is: you just need to play the game man.....i'm not trying to be a smartass, just saying, that's the best thing to do with this game...the game is setup so you can play it how you want to (just wanna do the main story, cool; explore & side shyt, cool; stealth kill shyt, cool; frontal attacks, cool; etc.), so you asking everyone what you should do isnt gonna work for you cause only you know how you wanna play....

yes, you will get your ass kicked at first cause the beginning is all about teaching you the basics, but after you become an adult, the game world is yours....

to not sound like a complete a$$hole, here's some advice:

- upgrade to the shadow weapons/gear as soon as you can....in most cases you can get by and save up till you can get it....if you cant get by, get the carja weapons/gear till you can get the shadow shyt..

- you get experience for everything you do in the game for the most part, so leveling up is easy...

- you'll never run out of materials if you just play/do shyt....

- upgrade your skills based around how you like to play, and not just cause....

- as for modding weapons/gear: for weapons you want to enhance the attributes of that weapon...ex: if it has tear arrows, you want to put a mod on that gives it more tear power....as for gear, that's up to you...you can either enhance the attributes of the gear, or you can add a mod to put an extra attribute on it....

- last, but not least: just play....dont worry about if you playing right/wrong, just play how you want to and enjoy....

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i've noticed a lot of your posts in here and all i can say is: you just need to play the game man.....i'm not trying to be a smartass, just saying, that's the best thing to do with this game...the game is setup so you can play it how you want to (just wanna do the main story, cool; explore & side shyt, cool; stealth kill shyt, cool; frontal attacks, cool; etc.), so you asking everyone what you should do isnt gonna work for you cause only you know how you wanna play....

yes, you will get your ass kicked at first cause the beginning is all about teaching you the basics, but after you become an adult, the game world is yours....

to not sound like a complete a$$hole, here's some advice:

- upgrade to the shadow weapons/gear as soon as you can....in most cases you can get by and save up till you can get it....if you cant get by, get the carja weapons/gear till you can get the shadow shyt..

- you get experience for everything you do in the game for the most part, so leveling up is easy...

- you'll never run out of materials if you just play/do shyt....

- upgrade your skills based around how you like to play, and not just cause....

- as for modding weapons/gear: for weapons you want to enhance the attributes of that weapon...ex: if it has tear arrows, you want to put a mod on that gives it more tear power....as for gear, that's up to you...you can either enhance the attributes of the gear, or you can add a mod to put an extra attribute on it....

- last, but not least: just play....dont worry about if you playing right/wrong, just play how you want to and enjoy....
Thanks a lot this help. No more questions from me lol I'll just play

I just been dying a lot when fighting machines. They always in herds of 4

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks a lot this help. No more questions from me lol I'll just play

I just been dying a lot when fighting machines. They always in herds of 4

lol nothing wrong with questions, but you were pretty much asking us to play the game for you....you wont get enjoyment like that......

as for groups: figure out your strategy before engaging....some groups you can attack as a group, some you gotta take them out 1 at a time.....

also, scan machines so you know/highlight their weaknesses....

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
This game really does become a lot more fun once you really get comfortable with how to play and learn the strengths of the different weapons.

I've finished the cauldrons, tallnecks ans hunting challenges. Main story-wise I'm by the part where Lieutenant Daniels tells me to go to some place after the mission where you kill a moving deathbringer

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just completed the mission where you find out what the Zero Dawn project was. I mean :to: :mjcry: :damn:
What's sad is that you can really see some shyt like that going down (cacs designing self replicating war machines that malfunction and take over the earth killing all humanity). shyt is fukkin scary and apocalyptic and shyt.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This game really does become a lot more fun once you really get comfortable with how to play and learn the strengths of the different weapons.

I've finished the cauldrons, tallnecks ans hunting challenges. Main story-wise I'm by the part where Lieutenant Daniels tells me to go to some place after the mission where you kill a moving deathbringer

:laff:

So that is really him doing the voicework?

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
I played on ended the game on normal. How much harder is hard (pause)

I mean these machines still one hitter quitter yo ass on normal. So what's the difference?

I want to side quest the game on hard (pause once again)
No mercy on hard
Did you get the ancient armor before you did the final mission? Its Halo style armor that replenishes after a few seconds. I don't see how I would have beat the game on hard without it:damn: