Horizon Zero Dawn | PS4/PC | Out Now

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
i just started this game and hate how you have to hold down the left trigger to run. is there a way to change this? how do you guys quickly go from one place to another? i know ya'll don't really walk from area to area right?
The left trigger is to aim:dahell: L3 is to sprint.
Just like every other open world game you have to go to a location first either on foot or by riding a mount. Once you discover a location you can fast travel to it.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The left trigger is to aim:dahell: L3 is to sprint.
Just like every other open world game you have to go to a location first either on foot or by riding a mount. Once you discover a location you can fast travel to it.
whats an open world game if i may ask? i was talking about the L3 my bad. so you mean to tell me you just walk from location to locatoin instead of holding down L3 to run a little faster?

i haven't gamed in 13 years im 35 years old....sorry for the noob quetions. wife just bought me a ps4 lol

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
whats an open world game if i may ask? i was talking about the L3 my bad. so you mean to tell me you just walk from location to locatoin instead of holding down L3 to run a little faster?

i haven't gamed in 13 years im 35 years old....sorry for the noob quetions. wife just bought me a ps4 lol
Open world games are typically described as games where you can complete missions/objectives in any order you like. They are typically very large in scale when compared to other games. The emphasis on a game being called "open world" is going to be more on the players ability to take on the game in a manner of their own choosing versus a game forcing you to complete level 1, 2 ,3 ,4 and so without giving the player any options. Examples would be Horizon, Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, etc.
In Horizon, just like with any other open world game you have to travel to a place first either on foot, by mount, (or vehicle depending the game. Horizon only has mounts) then you'll be able to "fast travel" to the discovered location via the game menu as you please. So in the beginning of Horizon you're going to spend a lot of time running from area to area until you upgrade your abilities to mount a robot, or call one to your side. It might seem like a lot but as you travel on foot you'll come across various missions/objectives which are very fun.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Open world games are typically described as games where you can complete missions/objectives in any order you like. They are typically very large in scale when compared to other games. The emphasis on a game being called "open world" is going to be more on the players ability to take on the game in a manner of their own choosing versus a game forcing you to complete level 1, 2 ,3 ,4 and so without giving the player any options. Examples would be Horizon, Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, etc.
In Horizon, just like with any other open world game you have to travel to a place first either on foot, by mount, (or vehicle depending the game. Horizon only has mounts) then you'll be able to "fast travel" to the discovered location via the game menu as you please. So in the beginning of Horizon you're going to spend a lot of time running from area to area until you upgrade your abilities to mount a robot, or call one to your side. It might seem like a lot but as you travel on foot you'll come across various missions/objectives which are very fun.
Thanks that explains a lot. I'm not sure how I feel about this open world lol

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you're looking for something more linear (with a traditional video game level 1,2,3, structure) try Uncharted 4.
I've heard good things about that game. And the last of us

The hot game right now i heard is persona 5. I usually like sports games I'm not a very good gamer. Maybe I should sell this game

Thanks for the responses

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Any tips for someone that's an hour into the game?
Nothing the tutorial won't tell you. One of the things I like a lot about this game is how rewarding the game is regardless of your play style. You can be stealthy, you can rush enemies, do a little bit of both. It doesn't matter, you can play how you want and every situation will play out differently.
It might be worth emphasizing that you should scan every enemy and get familiar with their weak points. Make sure you are using the right weapon, and ammunition at all times for each situation. You'll eventually come across a few enemies that seem difficult to take down. Take a step back, scan them and make sure you are attacking the right areas. Some enemies have special weak spots that when hit multiple times, will explode and do massive damage. Some enemies will drop their weapons which can be picked up and used against them for large amounts of damage as well. Experiment with different weapons and get familiar with their uses. The rope caster is a strong tool in holding enemies down, but I only used it once the entire game and it was for a side mission that required it. Other people in the arcadium lean more towards the rope caster, I used the trap caster instead and used it for laying quick traps, circling around the enemy, and switching to my bow with some enhanced arrows and shot away at the weak spots.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I've heard good things about that game. And the last of us

The hot game right now i heard is persona 5. I usually like sports games I'm not a very good gamer. Maybe I should sell this game

Thanks for the responses
Turn the difficulty down if you have to. The point of video gaming is to have fun. Don't worry about what people on a board have to say about how you play a game.
Horizon isn't a difficult game overall, the combat may be a bit frustrating for some due to the nature of bow and arrow fighting. You can run and spray shots every where like you would with a gun. You have to aim, pull the bow all the way back for max damage and make sure those arrows hit specific weak spots. What makes Horizon fun is that although those shots can be challenging, the character has a very wide range of movement and is rarely ever in a situation she can't easily maneuver away from to get some breathing room.