Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

DelightfulEvilJohndory-size_restricted.gif

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I'm finally about 75% done with the main story

And I got to say; I was starting to believe they went too far out there, but, I love the plot

My problem with the game is the combat;

I'm playing on Hard and DAMN, if the smallest encounters demand so much resources...I haven't taken the time to "grind," because I'm playing too many games at once

I had to cut the game on easy on one mission because it's a multi-stage mission inside a caldron...so, the first three incounters were cool (I had resources to kill), but, once I got to the end, I NO AMMO in the Frost/Water shyt type and it was this crazy boss with plasma and shyt

And they got to stop with these huge machines that all move like cheetahs across the map :mjlol:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
This game made me go back and discover Zero Dawn. This game is way easier than Forbidden West, or maybe I put so many hours in that I just know how to fight accordingly.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This game made me go back and discover Zero Dawn. This game is way easier than Forbidden West, or maybe I put so many hours in that I just know how to fight accordingly.
They give you more tools by far but the actual difficulty settings? they didn't even attempt to balance ultra hard or anything beyond normal in forbidden west

arena was nonsense

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It really makes me sad that this game released when Elden Ring did. It’s a legitimately great game and a perfectly polished version of that Ubisoft world design formula but actually done with a heart.

It’s absolutely an open world that was a passion project and given a lot of love.

Elden Ring is my GOTY, so far, but this game deserves all the flowers in the world.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It really makes me sad that this game released when Elden Ring did. It’s a legitimately great game and a perfectly polished version of that Ubisoft world design formula but actually done with a heart.

It’s absolutely an open world that was a passion project and given a lot of love.

Elden Ring is my GOTY, so far, but this game deserves all the flowers in the world.
Aloy cant catch a break. Breath of the Wild stole her thunder last time. Now Elden Ring.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

It's definitely a good game. Not great. Not because it's not great in a vacuum. So far, it's Horizon 1.5. For the first game to have come out 5 years later, it's so much of the same and they turned up the "Grinding" elements.

Not enough (but, I definitely see great example) of building on the open world concepts. I love how alive the world seems, but, the game gets a bit tedious with the "go-here-and-get-the-thing-SURPRISE-ENEMY-ENCOUNTER."

Also, Aloy's character seems a bit stagnant to where it's getting annoying. I'd have to spoil it for a good example. I get that it continues RIGHT AFTER the last game, but, a bunch of shyt gets thrown at a 20 year old and she just :yeshrug: through it all.

For example; Clair legit acts scared during Resident Evil 2 Remake and you see her relationship with Leon and Sherrie develop and change from the beginning to the end.

And it's too "hand hold-y" and I get why ppl flocked to the extremely open ended nature of Elden Ring.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Definitely a super underrated game that fell victim to unfair comparisons between it and the other massive game it launched with, similar to the previous game. Easily the best game I played all year, and its still amazing to just turn it on and run around in the world.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I totally forgot Zero Dawn released with BOTW. Daaaammmnnnnn, that’s tough.

Respect to the balls but Aloy gonna have to stop going head up with titans.
ya, I think BOTW dropped 4 days after Zero Dawn. That game and the Switch launch put Aloy on the back burner as far as publicity goes.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Finally beat the main story;

Hmmm, it's decent game and in many ways a step above the first, but, it's pretty much Horizon Zero Dawn 1.5.

It's been a while since I played the first game, but, I remember loving it to no end.

The melee got WAY better and that was my main issue with the 1st.

The game changes when you get to fly ;krs: but, it's way too late.

RIP Varl :to:

It's a decent story though it's obvisiously to by the number before you get to the big twist.

The base thing is cool, the "gather the troops" thing is cool, but, it's so done before and I got the vision, but, it got to be too much trying to do the main mission AND side quest.

The biggest thing I hated was the combat system. I played 66% of the game on Hard, but, after a while it's just too much when the average enemy takes SO MUCH RESOURCES to take down the most common enemies.

Everything is HUGE, FAST, HAVE ENDLESS AMMO, AOE ATTACKS, HIGH RANGE ATTACKS. It's too damn much for an entire game.

The Story;

It's a lot, the immortals from the far side of the galaxy...coming to take Earth because their land is gone...but, it's actually gone because a AI they created and didn't finish is chasing them all over the galaxy.

Look, the game is beautiful and I love the sci-fi shyt. But, the game is setting up Horizon 3 just like the 2nd.

Hopefully they innovate more.

Best looking game I own on PS5 and the technical performance was perfect.