Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I agree with most of what you're saying, but we still dont have a good idea of what Nemesis even is. We just know its some type of evil entity thats coming to destroy Earth.

I think that with the huge curve ball Guerilla threw at us with the story in HFW, we should probably expect something similar with the next game. Especially with how Sony plans on this being a big franchise.
They about to Mass Effect 3 this shyt :francis: its just a matter of to what extent

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I agree with most of what you're saying, but we still dont have a good idea of what Nemesis even is. We just know its some type of evil entity thats coming to destroy Earth.

I think that with the huge curve ball Guerilla threw at us with the story in HFW, we should probably expect something similar with the next game. Especially with how Sony plans on this being a big franchise.

Yeah, im not really thrilled with that twist but theres still a lot they can do with it to separate it from being a repeat of the first game. I’m hoping between the dlc and next game they do a hard pivot into something different.

also, they have an actual spaceship now so who knows what they could do with that or the technology available in it

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah, im not really thrilled with that twist but theres still a lot they can do with it to separate it from being a repeat of the first game. I’m hoping between the dlc and next game they do a hard pivot into something different.

also, they have an actual spaceship now so who knows what they could do with that or the technology available in it
i can't look past how dumb that was even if i enjoyed the game. they knee capped themselves badly.

spaceships in horizon? for what? we went from fighting the warmachines of the past that ended humanity's chapter and rampant AIs that govern our new hybrid nature/machine ecosystem to fukking cyborg space lesbians lmao. i enjoyed the game too but be real - if that was the route that they settled on, then it says a LOT about where they want to take things....

got a whole evolving planet to explore, a fukked up past that can be touched on from region to region - filling in the blanks at your leisure as a writer, and whatever mad max/fern gully mashups you want to throw together along the way. that ain't good enough tho. ridiculous

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i can't look past how dumb that was even if i enjoyed the game. they knee capped themselves badly.

spaceships in horizon? for what? we went from fighting the warmachines of the past that ended humanity's chapter and rampant AIs that govern our new hybrid nature/machine ecosystem to fukking cyborg space lesbians lmao. i enjoyed the game too but be real - if that was the route that they settled on, then it says a LOT about where they want to take things....

got a whole evolving planet to explore, a fukked up past that can be touched on from region to region - filling in the blanks at your leisure as a writer, and whatever mad max/fern gully mashups you want to throw together along the way. that ain't good enough tho. ridiculous
I honestly didn’t like a lot of decisions made in the last 3rd of the game. Especially what they did with Ted Faro. That was the most disappointing decision they could have made and im truly hoping they did it that way because of the pandemic. I also didn’t mind the idea of more Elizabet clones or the old world visitors, but the way it was done was underwhelming.

But I don’t think they’ve completely written themselves into a wall with nemesis, they just need to be smart about retreading old ground or escalating the story into something too tonally off the wall.

Idk I’d probably just like to see a time skip and the focus being so common that civilization progresses out of the Stone Age

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I honestly didn’t like a lot of decisions made in the last 3rd of the game. Especially what they did with Ted Faro. That was the most disappointing decision they could have made and im truly hoping they did it that way because of the pandemic. I also didn’t mind the idea of more Elizabet clones or the old world visitors, but the way it was done was underwhelming.

But I don’t think they’ve completely written themselves into a wall with nemesis, they just need to be smart about retreading old ground or escalating the story into something too tonally off the wall.

Idk I’d probably just like to see a time skip and the focus being so common that civilization progresses out of the Stone Age
:scust:

leave the new stone age? to fight robo-galactus?

they lost the narrative

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:scust:

leave the new stone age? to fight robo-galactus?

they lost the narrative
well, the ending of this game was about aloy alerting the forces on earth about the impending dooming of the planet. How else is she gonna convince people to fight space AI? Give everyone Focus’ technology and have them slowly catch up on whats actually going on in the world like she did for her crew. That was the original plan that Ted Faro destroyed which left mankind in this primitive state its in.

They are basically living in ignorance. Maybe they do a 10 year time skip and develop new weapons and tech and bigger cities, etc.:yeshrug:

I’m actually kind of tired of the remedial tribal conflicts. Time to wake them up

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
well, the ending of this game was about aloy alerting the forces on earth about the impending dooming of the planet. How else is she gonna convince people to fight space AI? Give everyone Focus’ technology and have them slowly catch up on whats actually going on in the world like she did for her crew. That was the original plan that Ted Faro destroyed which left mankind in this primitive state its in.

They are basically living in ignorance. Maybe they do a 10 year time skip and develop new weapons and tech and bigger cities, etc.:yeshrug:

I’m actually kind of tired of the remedial tribal conflicts. Time to wake them up
A 10 year timeskip would make no sense. The whole point of the end of the game is Aloy realizing they have little time to prepare for Nemesis which went hand in hand with the overall theme of here realizing she can't fight this fight alone and needs other people to help her no matter how risky it is.

I'm with @42 Monks, I don't think the main plot is salvageable. It's gonna be very by the numbers and we'll have to do what we'll have to do. BUT, I do think they can make shyt more compelling by starting the 3rd game with all the perks and weapons you end up in the 2nd and not letting you open the game for the first 10 hours or so, it just forces you to deal with Nemesis ASAP. You kill Nemesis/save the world and THEN the game opens up and you have to deal with your decisions and the consequences of ending the big threat for the next 30-50-70 hours of side content every open world game always has :hubie:

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Just found out I got a month to finish this before GOW! :damn:

What are the must have skills to get first and weap/armor to look out for? I’m just gonna rush the main story