Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
FN3ErabWYAApg5k
FN3EsGNXIAQmXzp

So I'm doing this side mission, and ole boy that I'm helping goes, "The Thunderjaw is back" I'm like the "the what is back? :dwillhuh: And he says the shyt all cool & calm too.

I'm thinking at this point in the game, I'm nowhere near ready for a Thunderjaw fight, the 1st one I tried to fight completely washed me with 1 hit. After trying 5x I stopped trying to take that Thunderjaw down. So I'm thinking, this games knows I'm not leveled up yet for this fight, dude is just going to tell us to run. But nope, we got to fight this mothafukka. I used up every berry and potion to heal myself, but I ended up taking my 1st Thunderjaw down :blessed:

Come to find out, that first Thunderjaw I fought was an Apex version. I didn't realize there were regular and apex versions of machines. No wonder that Thunderjaw 1-hitter quittered me every time I fought it.

How long you been playing this game till you realized there were apex versions? :dwillhuh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I must be about 12 hours in so far? Level 14 I believe. The game is great so far. The biggest difference to me between the first one and this one is the level of detail in the characters for even side quests to the point that they feel like they're part of the main story overall. Usually side quests in games don't have much attention to detail in them besides a checkpoint, a target and then a generic "thank you so much!" reward with some gil. Here it feels fleshed out and integrated into the overall world that it doesn't feel like a side quest because the production values are practically the same as story missions.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Slaughterspine a fukking beast :damn:
This fight is so reminiscent of the thunder jaw fight in the original one. Both in enclosed cauldron rooms. ThunderJaw had me stuck for 2 weeks trying to beat his ass. This shyt might be the same. I’m low af on supply too :to:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can you leave a boss battle resupply and then come back? Or will it put you at the start of the mission again when I come back. I went through the whole cauldron to get to the slaughterspine. I need to resupply but don’t want to start the mission from scratch .

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Can you leave a boss battle resupply and then come back? Or will it put you at the start of the mission again when I come back. I went through the whole cauldron to get to the slaughterspine. I need to resupply but don’t want to start the mission from scratch .

good question...

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I must be about 12 hours in so far? Level 14 I believe. The game is great so far. The biggest difference to me between the first one and this one is the level of detail in the characters for even side quests to the point that they feel like they're part of the main story overall. Usually side quests in games don't have much attention to detail in them besides a checkpoint, a target and then a generic "thank you so much!" reward with some gil. Here it feels fleshed out and integrated into the overall world that it doesn't feel like a side quest because the production values are practically the same as story missions.

It's why I blew past them in HZD outside of a couple. Here, they actually have gravity to them instead of being simple fetch or kill. You can choose sides in the Desert Clan civil war and after that, you can do a side mission for the clan leader where they talk about the aftermath of the battle.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's why I blew past them in HZD outside of a couple. Here, they actually have gravity to them instead of being simple fetch or kill. You can choose sides in the Desert Clan civil war and after that, you can do a side mission for the clan leader where they talk about the aftermath of the battle.
Oh shyt that’s lit. Is the choosing sides in the civil war a side mission?

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

Yeah you might wanna revert to an earlier save get your supplies up b4 you engage. Cauldrons are a everything or nothing ordeal. Once you start it, you cant leave until you complete it. :ufdup:

I'm on the Gemini mission now myself and there's plenty of caches and medicinal herbs laying around to keep you supplied, unless you just getting mollywhopped in there :huhldup:

Also have you been upgrading your pouches capacity? :comeon:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah you might wanna revert to an earlier save get your supplies up b4 you engage. Cauldrons are a everything or nothing ordeal. Once you start it, you cant leave until you complete it. :ufdup:

I'm on the Gemini mission now myself and there's plenty of caches and medicinal herbs laying around to keep you supplied, unless you just getting mollywhopped in there :huhldup:

Also have you been upgrading your pouches capacity? :comeon:
Yeah I just realized I can’t leave even if I wanted to :mjcry:. I’m getting mollywhopped something crazy. I’m on my like 30 or 40 death and haven’t even got him to half bar of health yet. :sadcam:. I haven’t upgraded my pouches like that. Some of those animals are hard as fukk to find. I haven’t even come across a goose or lizard yet :sadcam:. I might have to revert my save and just roam and find things I need to upgrade . Slaughterspine ain’t no joke. This nikka can do everything :damn: