Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Beat it. Dope game. Meh on the ending though it sets up the third game well enough. They need to make Aloy drop the messiah stuff and she'll be more likable.

It's more so the tribes calling her that because they're stuck in their tribal ways unlike most of Aloy's squad & Sylens since they've been gaining knowledge from the Old World & how things use to be. Because of how things ended, I'm willing to bet next game will have groups of people who are living like they did in the Old World once they learn the truth. They were already talking about boxing, movie theaters, concerts, how these use to dress etc. in this one

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Hate to break it to you breh but the Thunderjaw you fought was NOT an Apex Thunderjaw.

Apex machines are black and when you use your focus, it tells you "Apex *machine name*". In your case, it was a regular one and when you focused on it, it just said "Thunderjaw".

You'll get an Apex Thunderjaw when you kill like 2-3 of them. You'll most likely meet an Apex one at night.
I know the one I beat wasn't an Apex. The 1st Thunderjaw I saw roaming around that kept 1-shot-killing was. And like you said, I saw it around night time. It was in that area behind the mountains of that Shellwalker side mission quest to get parts for that one dude's armor

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's more so the tribes calling her that because they're stuck in their tribal ways unlike most of Aloy's squad & Sylens since they've been gaining knowledge from the Old World & how things use to be. Because of how things ended, I'm willing to bet next game will have groups of people who are living like they did in the Old World once they learn the truth. They were already talking about boxing, movie theaters, concerts, how these use to dress etc. in this one

I wonder if Guerrilla will keep pushing the gameplay forward for the 3rd game. If Nemesis is gonna be such a big foe -and if Hephaestus will continue to run wild and probably get taken by Nemesis- we gonna need more than a bow and spikes....maybe we start riding Thunderjaws and shyt? maybe more co-op? massive scale battles?

Like, I'd be fine with more gameplay like this 2nd game but there's no doubt the game would be received as "more of the same" and I'm not sure Guerrilla will go for that.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I wonder if Guerrilla will keep pushing the gameplay forward for the 3rd game. If Nemesis is gonna be such a big foe -and if Hephaestus will continue to run wild and probably get taken by Nemesis- we gonna need more than a bow and spikes....maybe we start riding Thunderjaws and shyt? maybe more co-op? massive scale battles?

Like, I'd be fine with more gameplay like this 2nd game but there's no doubt the game would be received as "more of the same" and I'm not sure Guerrilla will go for that.

Make the _____ base a 2nd hub, repurpose the tech and the manufacturing machine to make some guns and armor..

killzone_shadow_fall_021-1280x720.jpg

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Make the _____ base a 2nd hub, repurpose the tech and the manufacturing machine to make some guns and armor..

killzone_shadow_fall_021-1280x720.jpg

:ohhh: maybe make it so you can only use it in certain areas so you save that gun gameplay for those (like a new type of Couldron or something).

On a more off topic conversation, I'd love to see one of these open world games try to switch the formula a bit. Like, I'd love to have a main story be like 15-25 hours with very little side quests stuff (mainly focus on companions and character development). Only open up the world for the aftermath, with big ass side quests that span multiple missions and the classic errand/camp/enemy/friend side stuff. Show what it's like AFTER you solved the main problem and give the world some life.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:ohhh: maybe make it so you can only use it in certain areas so you save that gun gameplay for those (like a new type of Couldron or something).

On a more off topic conversation, I'd love to see one of these open world games try to switch the formula a bit. Like, I'd love to have a main story be like 15-25 hours with very little side quests stuff (mainly focus on companions and character development). Only open up the world for the aftermath, with big ass side quests that span multiple missions and the classic errand/camp/enemy/friend side stuff. Show what it's like AFTER you solved the main problem and give the world some life.

Cyberpunk had the right idea making the main quest shorter and expanding on the side quest.

I do think open world games need a big fundamental design change.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Cyberpunk had the right idea making the main quest shorter and expanding on the side quest.

I do think open world games need a big fundamental design change.

I just think in these 2nd or 3rd games you can get away with saving the "open world" for last because most of the time you end up spending way too long on the side stuff and you level up and get so much stronger than most of the main story enemies end up being a piece of cake or not the 1-2 shot kill danger they are supposed to be.

Locking in on mostly main story missions keeps you invested on the main plot and it's priorities. By opening up the game completely only after you finish the main story you also open up a lot of possibilities: side quests that are a consequence of what you did to beat the main quest, character that talk to you with all the knowledge of what've done, people getting pissed at you, new enemies showing up, bad guys getting a hold of weapons/technology/lands/vehicles and wanting to take shyt over, etc.

You also don't need to start over every game. Let me keep the cools shyt I learned on the first game or most of it. That way you take out the necessity of leveling up so much and do side shyt to get powers/weapons/exp/ that you need in order to keep advancing the plot.

Imagine being able to do something like Last of Us 2 and after the final fight you get to actually live in the world you've been traversing and face completely new challenges, some of which are a direct consequence of what you did to beat the game? It would be a cool way of spending the 30-50-70 more hours you do in side stuff in open world games anyway.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

:feedme:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah - the best side quests are supplementary to the main quest, which is something this game does well.

I'd have no issue with a 20 hour main story though. 30 hours is too much for open world games.