Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Grabbing it this weekend. Had downloaded Horizon Zero Dawn and finished it because you can't play FW without ZD. Aloy was a very likeable protagonist. Smart choice having started the series with her as a child so that you'd grow sympathetic towards her as opposed to being 19 off the bat and it feeling like a woman empowerment narrative which it is, but it's not ham-fisted.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Also, I played Zero Dawn on the PS5 and the graphics were stunning. If this is what the PS5 can do with a PS4 game, I'm salivating over the PS5 version of FW.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Also, I played Zero Dawn on the PS5 and the graphics were stunning. If this is what the PS5 can do with a PS4 game, I'm salivating over the PS5 version of FW.

Graphics are top notch for a cross gen title.

Not edits, just uploaded from my PS5:

4dntG2V.jpg

E842jnu.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I reaaaaaally hated how they re-revealed Ted Faro. This guy was such. Good twist on a villain and i was really hoping to see some new version of him either through a clone, anti-aging tech, or an AI. Etc to have that lead up reading all the notes in his underground bunker and getting all suspenseful just to have him eventually killed of screen really killed a big part of the story for me. It almost feels like it was just cut content and it was originally supposed to be a boss fight or something. I was really hoping to see some Akira-esq manifestation of ted or have him play more a part in the final story.

Of course the obvious Varl death. i almost really quit the game at this part. To have the one black lead character fridged in such a boring trope-y way only to be revealed with Zo being pregnant was wack af. It’s almost the same trope they used in TLOU2 with Jesse and Dina. This imo is bad writing, build up a black character to kill them…..which brings me to Regalla.

Such a good villain at the start that they could have done so much with. She makes a big introduction at the Embassy meeting then you don’t see her again for like 20 hours. Then the next time you see her she runs off and just once again in a fight after that. Of course, the only other character that ends up dying in the story is a black female. I forgive this a bit more because Angela Basset is probably expensive and they can’t gauruntee that she could come back for a sequel but they still could have just at least gave her a more satisfactory ending.

I also dont like the idea of another super AI being the main antagonist in the 3rd game again. We already did that with Hades and then to another degree with Hephaestus. I thought the idea of people living off on a distant planet seemed pretty cool at first then they were jsut like some dorky white people that ended up feeling like an after thought by the end. So they basically left earth for 1000 years came back just to fuel up for gas to continue running from the AI? Dumb

And my last point. Tilda…sorry, but i don’t believe she was so p*ssy drunk off elizabet for 1000 years taht she was willing to body the entire human race to live with a clone of her. Most people take a few months to get over a relationship, this bytch is still Wylin 1000 years later?? Dumb

Overall i love this game but the sidequest are so much better than the over arching story which is disappointing. I give the main story a 7.5

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Are the Quen going to problematic in the future. Everything they think/believe/worship is all wrong. Will they wage war when they discover they have been the fools, especially since they deem themselves the chosen ones.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I reaaaaaally hated how they re-revealed Ted Faro. This guy was such. Good twist on a villain and i was really hoping to see some new version of him either through a clone, anti-aging tech, or an AI. Etc to have that lead up reading all the notes in his underground bunker and getting all suspenseful just to have him eventually killed of screen really killed a big part of the story for me. It almost feels like it was just cut content and it was originally supposed to be a boss fight or something. I was really hoping to see some Akira-esq manifestation of ted or have him play more a part in the final story.

Of course the obvious Varl death. i almost really quit the game at this part. To have the one black lead character fridged in such a boring trope-y way only to be revealed with Zo being pregnant was wack af. It’s almost the same trope they used in TLOU2 with Jesse and Dina. This imo is bad writing, build up a black character to kill them…..which brings me to Regalla.

Such a good villain at the start that they could have done so much with. She makes a big introduction at the Embassy meeting then you don’t see her again for like 20 hours. Then the next time you see her she runs off and just once again in a fight after that. Of course, the only other character that ends up dying in the story is a black female. I forgive this a bit more because Angela Basset is probably expensive and they can’t gauruntee that she could come back for a sequel but they still could have just at least gave her a more satisfactory ending.

I also dont like the idea of another super AI being the main antagonist in the 3rd game again. We already did that with Hades and then to another degree with Hephaestus. I thought the idea of people living off on a distant planet seemed pretty cool at first then they were jsut like some dorky white people that ended up feeling like an after thought by the end. So they basically left earth for 1000 years came back just to fuel up for gas to continue running from the AI? Dumb

And my last point. Tilda…sorry, but i don’t believe she was so p*ssy drunk off elizabet for 1000 years taht she was willing to body the entire human race to live with a clone of her. Most people take a few months to get over a relationship, this bytch is still Wylin 1000 years later?? Dumb

Overall i love this game but the sidequest are so much better than the over arching story which is disappointing. I give the main story a 7.5
Well damn. I actually agree with every point you said here.

Zero Dawns main story>Forbidden Wests main story.

that last 3rd is fan-fiction levels of bad writing.
giphy.gif

I said it to somebody else already but i feel like the lack of seeing Ted all mutated was cuz of the games rating, they tried to play it safe by havin it as a hologram. Still very disappointing.