Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/5) & Burning Shores DLC Out Now! Complete Edition - 10/6, PC - Feb 2024

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yo I'm 10 mins into the game and this shyt is already GOAT. GG showed they ass with this one. Couple things that stands out IMMEDIATELY:

1. The graphics are the best on the market today. I thought Cyberpunk graphics were amazing but Horizon's is another step up. The models, the lighting, the details, the REALISTIC color palate is a combo I haven't seen before at this level where you think "Wow these folks may actually just make photo realistic games". Red Dead Redemption 2 was a major push in this category but Horizon blows the doors open. The compare this to the first Horizon stylistically is night and day. The first Horizon as great graphically had a "video game" art direction whereas I feel this one has an actual "movie" based direction.
  2. The PS5 controller is an experience in it's own with the haptic feedback. Sensational.
  3. The soundtrack feels like action. Again it doesn't sound like what you would typically hear in a video game, it reminds me of an action movie so far.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
FL7CvnoXoAEY8Sp

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the first area def felt like the Velen of this game. Like one big tutorial sandbox where you are still getting the basic weapons and abilities you’ll have for the rest of the game.

The forbidden west feels like where the real game starts. This game is fukking huge. Def an 70+ hour plat

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
I've watched a few minutes of Hollow play this on YouTube....this game is absolutely gorgeous :whew:

Too bad I don't have a Playstation...this should come to PC:to:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gotta get used to the shieldwing being a different button than jump. Jumped off too many thing and keep thinking it works like BoTW :mjlol:

Going into settings and making it toggle instead of hold is so much better too. Especially if you want to pull it out to break your landing. Holding the button down isn’t fast enough

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gotta get used to the shieldwing being a different button than jump. Jumped off too many thing and keep thinking it works like BoTW :mjlol:

Going into settings and making it toggle instead of hold is so much better too. Especially if you want to pull it out to break your landing. Holding the button down isn’t fast enough
Yup that was me too. I need to dig into the options more because I didn't know you could change that.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I can say I can definitely notice graphical disparity between Performance & Resolution mode. It's not nearly significant enough for me to forfeit the extra frames, though. I just can't do 30 FPS anymore.

Thought the game was bugged. Kept swiping up on the touch pad and nothing happened. Then I remembered I'm playing on ultra hard with limited hud, like a real nikka.
full

I was only able to select Very Hard. There's an Ultra Hard setting out the gate?

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll probably give it a chance. For the most part I didn't have a problem with the gameplay itself outside of the mid ass melee combat. It's just the story and characters were just very... cliche. Also as pretty as it is it felt off brand a lot too. I beat the first game, it's worth one playthrough, but when I saw people saying it was a GOAT level game I had to tell them to pump the brakes a little because it was obvious to me it could be A LOT better.

The side quests are much improved, yes, to the point in which it is hard to tell the difference between the main and side stuff.

Melee seems to be better IF you go deep into that particular skill tree.

Now I've played it a bit more they have improved the climbing but it is still isn't enjoyable (nor bad) - it's just there really.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I can say I can definitely notice graphical disparity between Performance & Resolution mode. It's not nearly significant enough for me to forfeit the extra frames, though. I just can't do 30 FPS anymore.

I was only able to select Very Hard. There's an Ultra Hard setting out the gate?
That's what I meant.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
confession: im 100% a resolution breh at this point. Game jsut looks so much crispier and clean, unfortunately. The performance mode has too much of a film grainy look to it. If you turn down camera sensitivity it solves the slide show look you get from moving the camera in resolution.

I played Rift Apart in resolution mode also. It might become a common thing with these ps5 cross-gen games for me. You don't get the 60fps high res benefits the ps4 games with patches get.

also i saw a lot of people say they didn't fukk wiht melee but im deep in the melee skill tree and I feel like im using it a lot, especially since i run out of ammo so often.